(Topic ID: 173238)

2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (May 5-7, 2017)

By pins4life33

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
steeplechase-skill-penny-arcade-horse_1_2c923bc32ab6546de04430bb89363dba (resized).jpg
YegpinPano (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).JPG
IMG_1253 (resized).JPG
IMG_1239 (resized).JPG
IMG_1233 (resized).JPG
IMG_1236 (resized).JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).JPG
IMG_3466 (resized).JPG
IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3448 (resized).JPG
IMG_3447 (resized).JPG
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPG
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 6 years ago

But I should add, other than this issue with the theme I think it is a very fun game.

#602 6 years ago

I think the dude is the mascot for the electric company in the game, that's why he charges your phone

#603 6 years ago

Yea I kinda just assumed the guy was an electrician or something. I actually enjoyed dialed in although I didnt really understand the strategy or exactly what the objectives were yet. I just assumed code wasn't very far along yet as I had tried looking up strategey videos on YouTube before yegpin and couldn't find any. I actually thought dialed in felt more complete and better flowing then aliens was. I do agree with long ball times as well. I also agree I don't care for taf really at all atleast not enough to pay the premium that machine demands.

#604 6 years ago

That's a solid point about the elements not immediately tieing together, I think their intent was that the phone tied things together (hence why I think they ended up sticking with Dialed In and not Quantum City).

#605 6 years ago

Deep, well thought out points. Lightning Dude was about the only thing I didn't like about it - then again I am not a fan of moving objects on pins so no surprise there. I get the reason for the long ball times but at least I wasn't bore to shit like The Hobbit. I intentionally had zero idea how to play any of the brand new games. I've had games grow on me but I usually know pretty quick when a game just isn't for me.

I also forgot how ridiculous Demolition Man was.
One of the neatest things I discovered was the reverse flipper action on Black Belt.
My daughters freaked out when the T-Rex ate the ball on Jurassic Park.
Was grateful to be able to hear the amazing soundtrack on Black Knight 2000 on Sunday morn prior to the warm ups.
Huge fan of how the box multi-ball starts by pushing the balls up on to the play field on Aerosmith.

Thanks to everyone who contributed a game and their time to the event!

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from eggs4sale:

One of the neatest things I discovered was the reverse flipper action on Black Belt.

I got to play Black Belt at the NW Pinball Show last year - that upper flipper shot is just really weird at first - I felt quite disoriented at first! It was the only game I actually played well on in the classics tourney

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Lessons I learned at Yegpin:
1. Tempered glass sometimes crumbles into a heap of cubes when set (on edge) on a concrete floor. I saw this happen 2x and it was awesome!

Hey I was the recipient of the first one – and honestly it shattered as I was holding it shortly after I just picked it up off the floor. First time it happened to me and quite honestly scared the crap out of me as it left me standing there with little bits of glass still between my fingers.

Crazy – but the young boy walking by when it happened thought it was cool to. So I guess in a way, glad to provide some entertainment for others.

#608 6 years ago

We will be holding a volunteer meeting and debrief session for the 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo next weekend. If you have any comments, feedback or improvements feel free post these here and we will address these at our meeting. Of course we will review all these suggestion but can't promise you that every suggestion can be done but our goal is to bring you a better show each year!!! As well we will be sending out a survey in the few weeks to our VIP's that supported the show to get more detailed feedback.

Thanks!!!!

#609 6 years ago

How about a kick-ass rock-a-billy band for the VIP party..and also talk to a local brewery about some specialty kegs! Tastes way better than damn bud lites and prob more $$ for you guys!! (More importantly better beer!).
&&& please thank every single dang person at that meeting for me!

#610 6 years ago

We did try to deal with a local brewery and did have some Big Rock stuff there this year, the issue you run into is they want their product only which limits choice rather then what we did and offer 5 kinds of beer at event. We noticed not a lot of hard alcohol drinkers at the event so we may be able to expand the variety of beer more and have less hard liquor there next year. Thanks for the input.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How about a kick-ass rock-a-billy band for the VIP party..and also talk to a local brewery about some specialty kegs! Tastes way better than damn bud lites and prob more $$ for you guys!! (More importantly better beer!).
&&& please thank every single dang person at that meeting for me!

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Hey I was the recipient of the first one – and honestly it shattered as I was holding it shortly after I just picked it up off the floor. First time it happened to me and quite honestly scared the crap out of me as it left me standing there with little bits of glass still between my fingers.
Crazy – but the young boy walking by when it happened thought it was cool to. So I guess in a way, glad to provide some entertainment for others.

My cousins kid, he still talks about it to this day. If he creates the next big thing in pinball glass in the future you'll know you have inspired a generation.

1 week later
#612 6 years ago

Below is a link to the Canadian Arcade review of the 2017 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo. Chance and Josh did a bang up job and we are grateful for all the work they did in putting this package together for the show. This is our official signoff for the year, stay tuned for future announcements for the 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo!!!! Thanks for all the support we will be back!!!!

6 months later
#613 6 years ago

2018 Thread is live! Mods please close this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 613 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-5-7-2017/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.