2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pin do you think will be the 2017 best?”

• Aerosmith 20 votes
      16%
    • Aliens (If it comes out) 9 votes
      7%
    • Dialed In 54 votes
      44%
    • Houdini 12 votes
      10%
    • Star Wars 29 votes
      23%

(124 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Out of the 5 pinballs, which game do you think will be the most talked about this year. All around just the best game. Not talking about price here.

#2 2 years ago

Dialed in for the win

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Dialed in for the win

I know some have not played all of these yet like star wars, but I can't wait to see as the months go by, who is liking what game the best.

#4 2 years ago

Star Wars

Speed, flow, theme, rules, and gameplay will trump the ever long game times With less strategic play that dialed in is setting up to be.

#5 2 years ago

I voted Star Wars but if Total Annihilation is sold this year then TA for the win.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Wars
    Speed, flow, theme, rules, and gameplay will trump the ever long game times With less strategic play that dialed in is setting up to be.

Based on your collection, I see why you voted Star Wars.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Out of the 5 pinballs, which game do you think will be the most talked about this year. All around just the best game. Not talking about price here.

Curious what your vote is?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I voted Star Wars but if Total Annihilation is sold this year then TA for the win.

Thats a good point....should add tna to the voting options...

#9 2 years ago

Dialed In!

JJP quality combined with Pat's vision is going to put the most smiles on the most faces.

#10 2 years ago

Hard to vote.. I think Dialed In and Star Wars should tie for #1

Total oranges and apples here.

DI has that signature Pat Lawlor setup, is totally original, and the build quality and high end parts, cabinet, playfield quality, and mechanics will definitely be an overall tank of a machine vs what the Stern Spike setup with me with SW

But I absolutely love Steve Ritchie's flowing layouts and it looks like it will be a great layout and flow nicely to each flipper, and just be fun overall. As long as Dwight kills it with the rule set, each will be great for totally different reasons.

#11 2 years ago

we are not even halfway through the year

#12 2 years ago

I think Dialed In or Aerosmith are pretty closely matched at the moment.
    Star Wars needs to have a gameplay video released soon so i can judge it a bit better to see how it plays etc.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Curious what your vote is?

Dialed In.

#14 2 years ago

I only played Aerosmith. However, I think the best pin for 2017 is Dialed In.

#15 2 years ago

Yeah, awfully hard to guess when Aerosmith is the only one to see a full release thus far. That being said, I voted for Dialed In.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Yeah, awfully hard to guess when Aerosmith is the only one to see a full release thus far. That being said, I voted for Dialed In.

I know most are not out yet and it's hard to judge without playing. I just wanted to see what people are thinking at this point.

#17 2 years ago

Hard to believe this is all what pinball in 2017 has to offer.

#18 2 years ago

Have you all had the chance to play a Houdini unrestricted? Dialed in is cool,but I don't like the picture thing!! Aerosmith is fun,but no match,imho! SWs ho hum! News of a new Slayer pin.Not my generation! Bump O-din!!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Dialed in is cool,but I don't like the picture thing!!

It can be disabled just like a video mode on a Stern game.

#20 2 years ago

SW for the win for me! Speed, flow, deep strategic code with tons of modes and multiballs, and most important its STAR WARS!

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Based on your collection, I see why you voted Star Wars.

Well Keefer really pulled me into the hobby with LOTR over 10 years ago. The journey he brings a player on in that game is top notch amazing. Now that I've become a better player, I'm more into action, dynamic scoring, breadth, strategies, etc... those things just don't exist in JJP games. Nothing wrong with that; but I like building multipliers and hitting big shots and seeing big scores across the display. JJP just doesn't do that.

They're getting better with Dialed In with the hovering shot values over the total score, but jackpots read as JACKPOT but no big scoring dynamic to go with it. To me, im afraid DI is going to feel like RBION as far as progression and scoring are concerned which is like pushing a car through mud.

AC/DC, GOT, TWD, AS, SM, and it appears SW: they all have multipliers and display your values in big numbers covering the display. Dramatic! They offer quick game progression and strategic ways to tackle that progression. WOZ was amazing when I owned it but it lacked in all those things. The progression was lopsided and it lacked dynamic scoring and hitting shots that cashed in big prizes. The multiplier rule with keeping a ball on a mini pf is cool but it still didn't feel dynamic hitting jackpots with it, lacked that scoring diversity. Still a stellar game but it fell bland after awhile, plus the theme isn't my cup of tea.

I used to have a bigger collection but sold more than half of it to pay medical bills. As I rebuild now, I look for games with dynamics, quick progression, action, multipliers, and speed...so yea, Steve Ritchie is my pinball euphoria for those things. I used to like games with toys and story modes, and lawlor usdd to be one of my favorites (TAF, RBION, FGY) but pushing cars through mud just isn't my cup of tea.

Hopefully Ted nails those scoring dynamics, rules progression, strategies, and breadth with DI, but until then...knowing how Steve &a Dwight build their rulesets, I'm going with SW as my 'prediction'. Like you said, lets see where this ends up at the beginning of 2018.

#22 2 years ago

Keeping in mind I've only seen short gameplay clips, I think Star Wars will get all the attention (thanks to a headline grabbing theme and the Stern marketing push) but Houdini looks like it has the most interesting play. Love the artwork, light show and the JPop-style ramp action.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Keeping in mind I've only seen short gameplay clips, I think Star Wars will get all the attention (thanks to a headline grabbing theme and the Stern marketing push) but Houdini looks like it has the most interesting play. Love the artwork, light show and the JPop-style ramp action.

I also believe Houdini has a JPop-style mode that takes your money, and it disappears. Very magical

#24 2 years ago

Slayer pinball machine coming out later this year.

#25 2 years ago

Dialed In will probably go down as the best game released in 2017, but it will be the 2nd or 3rd best selling game, I think.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 89.00
    $ 64.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 11.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside