• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0191 (resized).JPG
IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

2016 was an active year for me in this amazing hobby! I wanted to share my "year in review" and would love to hear yours! Here goes:

Acquired in 2016:
Twilight Zone
The Getaway: High Speed II
Cybernaut
Junk Yard
Twister
Time Zone
Rollergames
Road Show (my 1st "shipped in" game)
F-14 Tomcat
Joust (Williams head to head)
Ghostbusters Pro (my 1st NIB)

Sold/Traded in 2016:
Stargate
Millionaire
Cybernaut
Junk Yard
Time Zone
Midway Baseball (pitch and bat)

My resolution for 2017 is to slow down on game purchases and focus on the maintenance of the great games I have acquired but who knows! It's hard to pass up on a game that I'm after...WH2O, TAF, Diner, Dr. Dude, etc.

Have a Happy New Year, pinheads! All the best in 2017!

Eric

#2 7 years ago

Holy smokes! That's quite the year. Mine was much more quiet.

Acquired:
Ghostbusters Premium
The Addams Family (still enroute)

Sold:
Monster Bash (I still have a MB in my collection. This was an extra one that I acquired solely as trade bait).

#3 7 years ago

Awesome 2016 for you,Dave! Having a TAF en route must be so exciting...my xmas goal was to find one but no luck. Last year it was TZ and I really thought I'd have a TAF by now but I gave up for a bit and grabbed the GB Pro.

WOW! To own TWO MB's at the same time must have been a pretty amazing feeling!

All the best in 2017!

Eric

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from erico201:

WOW! To own TWO MB's at the same time must have been a pretty amazing feeling!

Yeah, that was a trip! I never thought I'd own ONE MB, let alone two. I got an absolutely smoking deal on the 2nd one and just couldn't pass it up. I sold it hours after picking it up in a bulk buy, and then bought the TAF (along with several other upgrades for my game room) with the cash. It worked out pretty great.

Happy New Year!

#5 7 years ago

Acquired:

Iron Man (traveled to NC for this one - a good trip)
AC/DC Prem
Hobbit (first NIB purchase)

An Escalera (a back saving investment - love it!)

+Went to the VFW Expo for the first time. My wife & I loved it! A great place to try out pins you might be interested in on the used market.
+Went to the Michigan Expo for the first time. Hopefully more games next year.
+Went to the Chicago Expo for the first time. My wife & I loved it! A great place to experience and see all kinds of things in the underground pinball world. Met some nice pinball people there. It's good to talk to people with this common interest in pinball.

#6 7 years ago

Sounds like it's been a great 2016 for you, KingBW!! You've added some spectacular titles and that Escalera must have made life so much easier...my friend just bought one so I'm looking forward to moving a House of the Dead 2 arcade machine out of my basement with it. That game is in the 600lbs. range and it's no longer getting played.

I would love to start attending more expos/shows this year. Instead of sinking all of my funds into games, I'd like to get more involved in the community and experience the spectacle of these events. Maybe I'll see ya there!!

All the best in 2017!
Eric

#7 7 years ago

I don't really keep track. One year just seems to blur into the next. In the last five years I've probably had over 100 machines in and out of here.

#8 7 years ago

Great year for me, I got my first machine pro football! I got it surprisingly for only 300 on craigslist with it being in working order! I also got to go to my first pinball expo in Louisville and got to go to the great game galaxy in Tennessee and play over 80 games! Many high scores set this year and I learned many things about pinball this year from pinside!

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

IMG_0191 (resized).JPGIMG_0191 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

First year I attended a show (TPF), and my most active year in regards to pin line-up changes since I started in 2012.

Acquired:
Jurassic Park
Firepower
Superman

Removed:
3 Coins
Xenon
Score-Board

Plan to hit TPF again in 2017. Doubt I will move in/out as many pins though; 2016 was atypical with adjusting the collection more around my tastes.

#10 7 years ago

Acquired:

Ship Ahoy
Full Throttle
Eight Ball Deluxe (Project)
Big Bang Bar
SafeCracker

Sold:

Godzilla
Mustang Pro
Attack From Mars
Ship Ahoy
Jhonny Mnemonic

Attended Texas Pinball Festival and the Houston Arcade Expo.
Hosted Red River Replay, an IFPA tournament, in September and raised money for project pinball.
Traveled to pick up games and met some great people.

What a fun year of Pinball!

#11 7 years ago

Wow, some of you are off the charts, congrats.

I bought new this year , SMVE, Met Pro and THLE. (I feel I hit the jackpot love these pins) I didn't sell anything yet but am kind off maxed out.

Never would have bought Met pro except the gameplay at NY, NY in Vegas sold me.

#12 7 years ago

2016 was a great year!

pins out - Centaur / TWD prem / JD

pins in - BK / RZLE / TH / Centaur / TWDLE / AMH

shows - SFGE - Atlanta

places - Pinball Lounge - Orlando / Modern Pinball - NY / Sunshine Laundry - NY / Jackbar - NYC / Creek & Cave - NY / Bumpernets - Birmingham

#13 7 years ago

I stuck to my guns and scaled back on buying/selling. It's a refreshing change!

In: GBLE, Jacks Open
Out: WOZLE

Shows: Ohio / Allentown / Chicago Expo

#14 7 years ago

2016 did not suck... well, at least in my basement

My resolution for 2017 is to make room for one more so I don't have to sell anything else... and to leave my lineup alone for the rest of the year.

In: MET Pro, TAF, MMR, STLE, TOM

Out: RBION, GOT LE, TSPP

Pre-ordered: TBL

#15 7 years ago

2016 was exactly like every year before it for me:

In:

Out:

2017 is shaping up to be the same. Yay!

/happy new year

#16 7 years ago

Acquired: TBL
Sold: NGG
Gave Away: Kick Off

I expect 0 in or out in 2017. Think I'm done? Wish I could say the same about reading Pinside.. maybe in 2018!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

Great year for me, I got my first machine pro football! I got it surprisingly for only 300 on craigslist with it being in working order! I also got to go to my first pinball expo in Louisville and got to go to the great game galaxy in Tennessee and play over 80 games! Many high scores set this year and I learned many things about pinball this year from pinside!

love the cheerleader on the lower right of the back glass! Nice machine!

#18 7 years ago

2016 was a blowout year for pinball activity for me, after keeping the same games in my collection for the last 15+ years...

Added:
- Metallica Pro X 2
- Flash Gordon
- Star Gazer

Lost:
- Metallica Pro
- Addams Family
- Class of 1812

Shows/Tournaments:
- YEGPIN in Edmonton (placed 4th in Classics div).
- Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo (placed 4th in "Jurrasic Classics" Novice division).

Also played in our local Calgary Stampede City Pinball league (2016 was our inaugural year).

...and spent a lot of free time working on my pinball projects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 20.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-your-pinball-year-in-review and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.