3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 94 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1stPlace (resized).jpg
    JCWinners (resized).jpg
    TFSF (resized).jpg
    WozJordy (resized).jpg
    Dale (resized).jpg
    AdamC (resized).jpg
    JaapSkype (resized).jpg
    JackTalk (resized).JPG
    AllArea (resized).jpg
    TBL (resized).jpg
    Room1-2 (resized).jpg
    Room1 (resized).jpg
    VFOSigns (resized).jpg
    SFHerc (resized).jpg
    VFOStaircase (resized).jpg
    HI-Front (resized).JPG

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago

How 'bout some pics at the venue? I know ya'll are playing, but when you take a break, post a few. Still debating coming up tomorrow, need something to push me over the edge...

#152 3 years ago

That much fun? Or that much not fun? Hhhmm....

#153 3 years ago

I took these ones of the small room

20160923_103157 (resized).jpg

20160923_103154 (resized).jpg

20160923_084657 (resized).jpg

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

I took these ones of the small room

Place looks, errr.... packed.

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Place looks, errr.... packed.

Haha this was about 15 min after the doors opened. Lots of people during the day.

#156 3 years ago

These were taken late last night after everyone left for the VIP party. The event is split over three rooms in the hotel with all the tourney games in a room together. Lots of room, games are all on free play and all working nicely, except for Buckaroo )

20160923_Flipout_184 (resized).JPG20160923_Flipout_178 (resized).JPG20160923_Flipout_043 (resized).JPG20160923_Flipout_220 (resized).JPG20160923_Flipout_198 (resized).JPG20160923_Flipout_144 (resized).JPG20160923_Flipout_097 (resized).JPG

Here's my Q*berts Quest. The Haunted House has been modded with multiball and speech!

20160923_Flipout_150 (resized).JPG

#157 3 years ago

Having a blast. Great show. Great people. Shout outs to all those that recognized me from Pinside.

I will be doing a comprehensive show report for Pinball News when I get home covering the whole experience.

#158 3 years ago

I had a fantastic time over the last few days at the show - seeing first hand, and assisting just a tiny bit, I now realize a bit more how huge an effort it truly is to make something like this happen smoothly!!!

Just wanted to put out a sincere Thank You to Nitro, Don, Tommy and ALL of the other volunteers and folk involved - without you we wouldn't get to share this type of pinball experience with the general public or fellow pinballers I think watching others get excited and play the games is at least as enjoyable as playing them! Great to pass that opportunity on to others who might not have pins of their own.

A fantastic selection of games were assembled, and kept up and running tickety-boo - and I didn't experience any waits longer than 1 player in front of me - even on the most popular new games. Although not a tournament player – the tournament room seemed to be very very well organized and just observing the process there was also truly interesting .

At any rate – huge thanks again to everyone involved - in my opinion it was a wonderful event and very very well handled and I appreciated the opportunity to experience it in my hometown !!

Top shelf stuff ... Hope everyone enjoys the final day!!!

Cheers, Ron

#159 3 years ago

Was a great show. Very well put together. Amazing since this is the first one. Great selection of games and speakers.

Tommy, nitro and all the volunteers definitely pulled off what people have only talked about doing in Vancouver for 10 years.

Needs raffles though.

#160 3 years ago

Only got to go Friday night but as expected Tommy and his crew did an amazing job. Great venue and set up, lots of great pins.

#161 3 years ago

Hat's off to Tommy and company for putting on a great show! I've seen Expo, TPF and the PNW show and if this show is any indication of what's to come, next year's Vancouver Flip Out will be a must go to show imho. Raffles and more parts would a great addition. Had a great time and met some great Canadian pin heads too.

#162 3 years ago

Thanks to Tommy / Nitro and all for putting on an awesome show!

I know everyone from the Calgary contingent had an absolute blast all weekend. The quality and selection of games in the free play area was fantastic. It was great having the opportunity to play games I've never seen before, and some old favorites that are not commonly found.

I was a bit put-off when the venue was first announced by the cost of the hotel rooms, but it was really nice being right downtown to easily head out for good eats/drinks, etc. The Sky-train access to/from the airport was simple and inexpensive, nice to avoid Vancouver traffic too. So, I rescind my earlier concerns re: venue location.

The tournaments were great fun also, only suggestions I would have is a larger room for the tournaments and the use of a rope-off system to keep people from walking / distracting players by getting too close while they are playing. Oh, and maybe less glow-ball action and more "real" pinball on the classics.

Thanks again, looking forward to next year already!

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Having a blast. Great show. Great people. Shout outs to all those that recognized me from Pinside.
    I will be doing a comprehensive show report for Pinball News when I get home covering the whole experience.

Be nice to Jack,lol

#164 3 years ago

Had a blast,hats off to Tommy and his long list of helpers.
    Very well done,after party was a hit as well.
    Next year I will need some Rye there

Again great time,you rock Tommy.

#165 3 years ago

Agreed; a big thank you to everybody, and the (from what I hear) the fairly small pool of collectors/businesses who donated most of the games for the show.

One of my favorite memories of the show was seeing a family waiting to get in on Sunday. The two parents had not been to a show before, and their 8-10 year old daughter was so excited she was literally jumping up and down. I swear she shouted "look at all the pinball games" when they opened the doors and started turning all the games on.

I thank everybody for all the hard work setting this up, and I hope there is appetite to do this again next year!

#166 3 years ago

Ditto with BC_ Gambit, it was quite a show Tommy and friends! That family was my god kids and parents who have 4 of my machines at their house and love pinball! They are entering the tourney next year for sure! Well done guys and Thank you !

#167 3 years ago

Mondo thanks to everyone that helped, supported, sponsored & attended! None of this would be possible without the incredible team involved. This truly was a magnificent gathering of pinhead's from around the world! I look forward to VFO 2017, and have already started with preliminary planning. As Oscar Goldman would say "Better, stronger, faster!"

Thanks again!

Tommy Floyd
    Founder & President
    www.VancouverFlipOut.com

HI-Front (resized).JPG

VFOStaircase (resized).jpg

SFHerc (resized).jpg

VFOSigns (resized).jpg

Room1 (resized).jpg

Room1-2 (resized).jpg

TBL (resized).jpg

AllArea (resized).jpg

JackTalk (resized).JPG

JaapSkype (resized).jpg

AdamC (resized).jpg

Dale (resized).jpg

WozJordy (resized).jpg

TFSF (resized).jpg

JCWinners (resized).jpg

1stPlace (resized).jpg

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Mondo thanks to everyone that helped, supported, sponsored & attended! None of this would be possible without the incredible team involved. This truly was a magnificent gathering of pinhead's from around the world! I look forward to VFO 2017, and have already started with preliminary planning. As Oscar Goldman would say "Better, stronger, faster!"
    Thanks again!
    Tommy Floyd
    Founder & President
    http://www.VancouverFlipOut.com

Very cool, looking forward to it already!

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ditto with BC_ Gambit, it was quite a show Tommy and friends! That family was my god kids and parents who have 4 of my machines at their house and love pinball! They are entering the tourney next year for sure! Well done guys and Thank you !

That's great! I am glad they had a great time!

#169 3 years ago

My Pinball News report is up:

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/vancouverflipout2016/index.html

and a 5 minute show walkthrough video:

#170 3 years ago

you know i,m an early riser Frolic! Well done, good reporting and good to finally meet you in person!

#171 3 years ago

Very Cool; thank you for making the time to document the show!

Quoted from frolic:

My Pinball News report is up:
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/vancouverflipout2016/index.html
    and a 5 minute show walkthrough video:
    » YouTube video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.99
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside