Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cl_(resized).jpg
    double_bird.jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1107_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1021_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1020_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 7 years ago

Hotel is nearly at capacity, but they released 10 rooms at the $114 room rate. Good to book TODAY ONLY. After that, any rooms they have left (which aren't many) will be full price. Good luck!

#102 7 years ago

Get'em while they're hot. Southern fried goodness comin' up.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

Get'em while they're hot. Southern fried goodness comin' up.

Like a pie at The Varsity

#104 7 years ago

Just booked room. Let's fire this up!

#105 7 years ago

I had to beg Marriott for a room last year because I signed up so late. I wasn't going to let that happen again and booked the week the block of rooms opened!

Looking forward to the best year ever!

#106 7 years ago

Getting close. Can't wait

#107 7 years ago

I'm bustin my butt trying to get this Baseball ready...

11_head_repainted_with_backward_graphic_(resized).JPG11_head_repainted_with_backward_graphic_(resized).JPG

Of course, it didn't help putting the head graphics on backward and having to sand and redo it...

#108 7 years ago

The SFGE room block is now sold out.

#109 7 years ago

Looking for a super nice backglass for Bally playboy , can pick up at southern fried , willing to pay fair price on it , thanks

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from Radiowing:

The SFGE room block is now sold out.

The block rate wasn't working yesterday and I know it shouldn't be working now, but I was just able to book a room at the block rate using the SFGE provided link. Good luck!

If it still doesn't work for you, try joining Marriott Rewards. It's free. I don't know if that somehow made it work for me as it would not let me book yesterday, but I just got my reservation confirmation. I figured they probably just freed up more rooms though.

#111 7 years ago

Anyone bringing pinball glass to sell or pre order?

#112 7 years ago

I hate thst this event is happening the same time as www.auctiongamesales.com

Not sure which one to attend?

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Is there any doubt? SFGE. Period.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Is there any doubt? SFGE. Period.

Agreed. Is this real life?

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I hate thst this event is happening the same time as http://www.auctiongamesales.com

Hope to see you at SFGE Buddy!

#116 7 years ago

Finishing up three pins this week to sell , can bring to southern fried , Buck Rodgers , new boards and clean as new with two coats of automotive clear on playfield , Mata Hari , Count Down with new boards nice condition , thanks

#117 7 years ago

Bringing my Williams SlugFest with baseball card dispenser. I will be loading 1 box of baseball cards to dispense but those may not last that long.

PM me if you have any cards to contribute. Sports, Movie, Bands, Comics, Todd Tuckey signed rookie cards, Pokemon, etc....

Those 80's and 90's collectors cards were mass produced and have little value, but it's fun to win something!

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Bringing my Williams SlugFest with baseball card dispenser. I will be loading 1 box of baseball cards to dispense but those may not last that long.
    PM me if you have any cards to contribute. Sports, Movie, Bands, Comics, Todd Tuckey signed rookie cards, Pokemon, etc....
    Those 80's and 90's collectors cards were mass produced and have little value, but it's fun to win something!

I'll hit a few yard sales between now and SFGE and see if any have any old cards.

#119 7 years ago

10 more days! Time for some updates! We've got several fun new and returning things coming to the expo that can provide you with an opportunity to step away from the gameroom and get off your fee for a while. They include:

1. Artemis - a LAN-based spaceship bridge simulator. (new, no experience necessary)
    http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/artemis-spaceship-bridge-simulator/

2. Level Up: The Gameshow (we had fun with this last year). Sign up for your chance to be a contestant here:
    http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/level-up-the-application/

3. Jackbox Games' Quiplash Live (new). Interactive game show using your smartphone. Details and a video here:
    http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/sessions/jackbox-interactive-gameshow/

4. Play-and-win tabletop games (new). If you play one of our 40 donated tabletop games, you'll be entered in a drawing for that exact game.
    http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/play-and-win/

Also, if you're planning to bring any games to the show, you're eligible to win one of our coveted Best-in-show trophies. This year, we'll be giving away prizes for the following:

Pinball
    Arcade
    Custom
    Restoration
    Modded Game

We could still use a few more volunteers and items to include in the charity auction. If you haven't bought your ticket yet, and want to preregister to avoid any lines on the day of, you can do so here until next week: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/registration/

Let me know if you have any more questions. Can't believe it is almost here!

#120 7 years ago

So, i just saw that Andrew is speaking at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown the same weekend as SFGE. A shame it doesn't seem like there will be any Heighway presence whatsoever at SFGE

#121 7 years ago

Just released Episode 24 of This Flippin Podcast. Preston was gracious to join me for an interview to talk about SFGE.
    Interview with Preston starts at the 1:37 mark.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-24_79806

#122 7 years ago

Looking forward to another great SFGE! Excited about the new venue and the many different food option that'll be easily accessible this year. Looks like it could be the best one yet. See you all there!

#123 7 years ago

One of the problems last year was getting through the crowds in the game room. Getting all the games into the rooms available at that hotel was a somewhat tight fit. It looked and worked great with smaller crowds early in the day. However, during busy times, it was tough to get through especially past the lines at the popular titles.

Several of my friends are helping with various aspects of the planning and they showed me the game room floor plan at the new hotel. MUCH MORE ROOM this year! I don't think anyone will have to deal with making their way through crowds to walk around the game rooms!

Its gonna be great! Can't wait!

T-6 days and counting!

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

One of the problems last year was getting through the crowds in the game room. Getting all the games into the rooms available at that hotel was a somewhat tight fit. It looked and worked great with smaller crowds early in the day. However, during busy times, it was tough to get through especially past the lines at the popular titles.
    Several of my friends are helping with various aspects of the planning and they showed me the game room floor plan at the new hotel. MUCH MORE ROOM this year! I don't think anyone will have to deal with making their way through crowds to walk around the game rooms!
    Its gonna be great! Can't wait!
    T-6 days and counting!

Awesome!! That sounds like a great improvement. The past two years I've just gone up to the room and taken a nap during the super busy times during the day. I may still, lol.

#125 7 years ago

Bump for SFGE and the Moonpie Meetup!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Same here. This will be my first SFGE. How do they do the name tags (if at all)? Would it be good to print the Pinside "badge" from our user profile? I find it hard to remember user names and usually recall avatars better.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

Same here. This will be my first SFGE. How do they do the name tags (if at all)? Would it be good to print the Pinside "badge" from our user profile? I find it hard to remember user names and usually recall avatars better.

Last year I brought some sheets of adhesive labels for people with the Pinside logo, but I haven't had a chance this year.

I'm going to bring some generic "Hello my name is:" badges from an office store, but I know a lot of people will already have their printed Pinside one.

I'm gonna try to bring my LED name badge if I remember it.

#128 7 years ago

Any group rate deals negotiated with the zoo or aquarium? Thinking we'll do the aquarium during the day Friday.

#129 7 years ago

I wish I could be there! Please check out my ad in the SFGE Program Booklet for a special offer for SFGE attendees. Enjoy the show!

http://www.leesparts.com

leespartsAD-JPG_300ppi5.5x8.5_k_NoOffer_(resized).jpgleespartsAD-JPG_300ppi5.5x8.5_k_NoOffer_(resized).jpg

#130 7 years ago

Just finished rebuilding the flippers and waxing up one of the classics tournament machines this weekend. It is playing fast and perfect!

Can't wait till this weekend.

#131 7 years ago

I need a roommate or two if any procrastinators want to save some cash. I have a 2 queen bed room at the convention center $275 after taxes/fees Fri/Sat which is the group rate (a rollaway bed would be $25/night). Come stay with one of the top Future Spa fans in the world.

#132 7 years ago

Friday here we come!

I'll be there...

Bringing a Road Show...

Best highly undervalued pin ever!

#133 7 years ago

THE PANIC HAS SET IN.

#134 7 years ago

Will there be official SFGE singlets for the wrestling or do I have to bring my own?

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sounds great. I will try to make it. This is my first time at SFGE. I will be spending a lot of time helping at the Project Pinball booth. I encourage everyone to stop in and chat. There will also be a high score tournament at the booth.

#136 7 years ago

Heads up to anyone coming down I-24 through TN. Bonnaroo is this weekend. I've been told by some friends who have gone in the past that traffic shouldn't be that bad on Friday/Saturday, but you may want to plan ahead.

#137 7 years ago

Excited and humbled to be a small part of SFGE2016!!

I'm offering up for the charity auction the following....

1- This Flippin Podcast Patch

1- XL Richmond Pinball Shirt

1- selection of stickers to give your tool box instead pinball cred

1- framed mint Dr Who Flyers. I framed these flyers when I was restoring my DW machine several years ago. Framed 2 sets.

Last but not least, the winner will be given a chance to record an intro for an upcoming episode of This Flippin Podcast. This is the podcast that I co-host with Tommy Skinner and I'm sure he won't mind me offering this up.
    The intro can be recorded at SFGE or at a later date.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#138 7 years ago

Thinking about doing a self-guided tour of Walking Dead film sites Friday. Anybody done this before? My big concern is traffic.

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Thinking about doing a self-guided tour of Walking Dead film sites Friday. Anybody done this before? My big concern is traffic.

I did this a few years ago, but on a Saturday. Traffic is definitely a concern on a Friday as a lot of the locations are either downtown or a bit outside of town (i.e. where they filmed Woodbury). You can certainly see where they filmed some of the CDC scenes though, since it's right across the street from the Galleria (at the Cobb Energy Center).

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Any group rate deals negotiated with the zoo or aquarium? Thinking we'll do the aquarium during the day Friday.

Anybody looking for cheap things to do Friday before the expo, if you are a vet, the zoo is free. Bring some ID.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

I did this a few years ago, but on a Saturday. Traffic is definitely a concern on a Friday as a lot of the locations are either downtown or a bit outside of town (i.e. where they filmed Woodbury). You can certainly see where they filmed some of the CDC scenes though, since it's right across the street from the Galleria (at the Cobb Energy Center).

Thanks! I know that Atlanta traffic can be awful.

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Thanks! I know that Atlanta traffic can be awful.

Yeah I am worried about coming up on I-75 from Florida. I see there are a few construction zones along the way. I took two hours to go a couple of miles along I-75 in south Florida last weekend and I am not looking for a repeat of that. I have completely run out of conjugations and clever uses of the F-word after this last experience.

#143 7 years ago

Cheapest way to get to hotel from airport?

#144 7 years ago

Airport shuttle is probably the best if you can still make reservations.

PRICING:
    ● $25.00 One Way / $50.00 Round Trip, Per Person
    The above fares are in effect, 1/8/16 – 12/31/16 for the Renaissance Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
    Fares are not inclusive of 15% gratuity
    (Advance reservations/arrangements are required with minimum 48 hours before arrival in Atlanta)
    RESERVATIONS:
    GALLERIA DIRECT AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE works with A&M LIMO to provide
    exclusive, direct service to Renaissance Waverly Hotel
    770-955-4565

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from alexred:

Airport shuttle is probably the best if you can still make reservations.
    PRICING:
    ● $25.00 One Way / $50.00 Round Trip, Per Person
    The above fares are in effect, 1/8/16 – 12/31/16 for the Renaissance Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
    Fares are not inclusive of 15% gratuity
    (Advance reservations/arrangements are required with minimum 48 hours before arrival in Atlanta)
    RESERVATIONS:
    GALLERIA DIRECT AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE works with A&M LIMO to provide
    exclusive, direct service to Renaissance Waverly Hotel
    770-955-4565

Thanks for the info

#146 7 years ago

They are doing road construction near the area of the hotel for the new Braves stadium. Traffic is going to be exponentially more terrible since I know it'll be between me and pinball with moonpies.

#147 7 years ago

Got the truck load started today to head out finish up tmmrw , headed to southern fried fri morning

#149 7 years ago

Look what I found

#150 7 years ago

GB LE. Huh. Wow. Unboxing it?

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-southern-fried-gameroom-expo-official-thread/page/3?hl=williams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.