Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by awarner
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cl_(resized).jpg
    double_bird.jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1107_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1021_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1020_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 8 years ago

The 3rd Annual Southern Fried Gameroom Expo will be held June 10-12, 2016 in Atlanta, GA and is already shaping up to be even bigger and better than before! Last year we had over 250 arcade, pinball, and console games and had to turn even more games away because of space. This year, we've changed venues and DOUBLED our space to accommodate even more games and more guests. It may seem like June is a long way off, it will be here before you know it. In the meantime, we have plenty of announcements to get folks excited.

Please stay tuned to this thread for updates or visit our website for more information.
    www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com

sfgePostcard.jpgsfgePostcard.jpg

Announcements:
    ----------------------------------------------------------

1. NEW VENUE
    Held June 10-12, 2016 in Atlanta, GA at the beautiful Renaissance Waverly, we now have over 20,000 square feet of space which more than doubles our previous exhibit halls. The hotel is beautiful and affordable and is in walking distance of plenty of food and shopping options. Get your special room rate of $114/night now as we have sold out each year and we have fewer than half of our rooms available. http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/hotel/

2. TABLETOP GAMING
    In addition to our continued focus on arcade, pinball, and console gaming, we're expanding our programming to include board games and tabletop gaming. We'll have a free play area that will be open all night long so you can continue to game even after the arcade powers down. We'll have game demonstrations, special guests, tournaments, and more...stay tuned!

3. INCREDIBLE GUESTS
    We've always had great guests, but the hits just keep on coming! Check out a few of our confirmed headliners!

LANCE GUEST (The Last Starfighter)
    Lance R. Guest is an American film and television actor. His most notable role is in the 1984 science fiction film The Last Starfighter as Alex Rogan, and as Beta, a robot sent to replace Alex while he was in space. In 1987, he starred in Jaws: The Revenge as Michael Brody and also starred opposite Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween III. His starring television roles included Lou Grant from 1981–1982 and Knots Landing in 1991. He has guest starred on St. Elsewhere, The Wonder Years, Party of Five, JAG, NYPD Blue, The X-Files, Becker, Life Goes On, House, and Jericho.

CHARLIE EMERY (Spooky Pinball)
    Charlie Emery is living out the American dream as a hardworking family man who was able to turn his passion for pinball into a successful business. Spooky Pinball, LLC is the company whose first game, the extremely cool America’s Most Haunted, was a sold-out smash! Their upcoming Rob Zombie’s Spookshow International is sure to repeat their success. He may be new to SFGE, but Charlie is not new to the pinball world. A longtime collector, he and his family have been sharing their love for the game with listeners and fans all over the world with the Spooky Pinball Podcast since 2010.

BILL ADAMS (Tron)
    As an employee of Bally/Midway, Mr. Adams held many positions including programmer, designer, and project lead on a number of notable games. Highlights during his time at Bally/Midway include working on Kickman, Satan’s Hollow, Spy Hunter, and as the designer for the now-legendary Tron. During his career, Mr. Adams worked with notable designers such as George Gomez along with other manufacturers such as Mylstar for his 1984 game, Curve Ball.

CHRIS JOHNSTON (Adult Swim)
    Chris Johnston is the senior games producer for Adult Swim. Since 2008, Mr. Johnston has been producer for all iOS and Android versions of Adult Swim’s Games 20+ titles including the Robot Unicorn Attack franchise, Monsters Ate My Condo, Amateur Surgeon, Giant Boulder of Death and Castle Doombad. If that weren’t enough, since 2006 Johnston has also co-hosted and produced the Player One Podcast for over 475 weekly episodes.

Check out all our other special guest speakers here: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/speakers_2016/

#2 8 years ago

Already looking forward to this event. Attended one day each of the past two years, but the new location is just a few mikes from my house. I'll definitely be by each day. Glad to hear Charlie from Spooky will be attending, I really appreciate what he is doing for the hobby!

#3 8 years ago

I'm super excited as always!!

I plan on bringing Spaceballs this year, no matter how far along it is. It may just be a whitewood in a cab with some basic software, but it will be playable.

The new venue looks awesome. My wife is already picking out her spa services!

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The new venue looks awesome. My wife is already picking out her spa services!

The new venue is going to be a big improvement in a lot of ways. I can give restaurant suggestions too if you plan on taking your wife out.

Also glad this years expo doesn't conflict with father's day.

#5 8 years ago

Excited as usual. Now I have to figure out what to bring!

#6 8 years ago

Looking forward to it. Last year was my first and it was only a couple of miles from the house. Hope to bring my two games (3 if my alien le gets here in time). Not looking forward to the logistics of getting them there though...

1 month later
    #7 8 years ago

Just had to pop in here to show off our incredible t-shirt design for this year's show. I know pinball is only a minor part of this shirt, but when you have the Last Starfighter coming to your show, you gotta have a kick-butt shirt to go along with it!

SFGE_2016_Starfighter_(resized).jpgSFGE_2016_Starfighter_(resized).jpg

Also, if you haven't heard already, if you want to see Compy's incredible Wizard Blocks pinball machine (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-wizard-blocks ), you'll have to come to our show June 10-12, 2016! Hope to see you!

#8 8 years ago

I love it!

#9 8 years ago

Room booked and really looking forward to it! Looks like we have 6 or so folks coming from our local group

#10 8 years ago

The shirt looks great and I can't wait to see Compy's wizard blocks!!

#11 8 years ago

Didn't see anywhere on the site where you could purchase a shirt.....where would that be done?

1 week later
    #12 8 years ago

I just noticed that SFGE put the B-Team band will be playing again this year. Sweet!!

I had an awesome time when they played last year. Really looking forward to that.

#13 8 years ago

I have reserved a room. Now to try to get there and pay for it...

#14 8 years ago

Booked and registered, can't wait!

#15 8 years ago

Bummed - going to be on vacation (of course still a great time) that week so I'll miss it! Everyone have fun!

#16 8 years ago

Looking forward to this again (this'll make it 3 for 3). Love the shirt design and the list of guests so far. Looks like more musical acts are being added - this is going to make for some fun times. I've heard from multiple people that the venue is fantastic so that will only add to the fun and community we'll share. Can't wait!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Didn't see anywhere on the site where you could purchase a shirt.....where would that be done?

BBA_(resized).jpgBBA_(resized).jpg

#18 8 years ago

BBA_(resized).jpg

I guess you'll just have to come to ATL and pick one at the admission table!

#19 8 years ago

Would love to attend; unfortunately that's not going to happen. Feel like this would be a way to support the show.

#20 8 years ago

Would love to attend; unfortunately that's not going to happen. Feel like this would be a way to support the show.

I'm sure they can set you up. I don't see a email link...try going through the registration form and just put in there you want to order a shirt instead of admission.

#21 8 years ago

I'll take a look at the website again....see if I can finagle something. When will one of your EBD games be for sale? You have two

#22 8 years ago

I'll take a look at the website again....see if I can finagle something. When will one of your EBD games be for sale? You have two

Oooops! The 8BDle sold at last year's show. Looks like I need to update my profile. Thanks for the reminder.

#23 8 years ago

DIT_(resized).jpgDIT_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago

Hey Captive_Ball, sorry I didn't see your t-shirt request. We haven't gotten them printed yet, but will let you know when you can order one. We did sell them in advance of the show last year to folks who couldn't attend in person, so don't worry!

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Hey Captive_Ball, sorry I didn't see your t-shirt request. We haven't gotten them printed yet, but will let you know when you can order one. We did sell them in advance of the show last year to folks who couldn't attend in person, so don't worry!

Put me down for one as well.

#26 8 years ago

Can't wait!

I had to beg the hotel management to make room for me last year. Not going to happen this year, room reserved!

#27 8 years ago

Thanks Preston

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

Can't wait!
    I had to beg the hotel management to make room for me last year. Not going to happen this year, room reserved!

See you there for our annual meeting!

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

See you there for our annual meeting!

Heck yea! Looking forward to it!

#30 8 years ago

looking forward to another great show, hopefully I can bring some of my games this time. I really need a truck of my
    own.

3 weeks later
    #31 8 years ago

Update: Things are moving right along! We're still announcing new guests, securing new sponsors, and thinking up fun events that we'll announce soon.

Just wanted to share that we've opened up the game submission process for those who can bring a game or two (or twenty!) to the event: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/bring-your-games/

Also, we've opened up the volunteer registration page for folks who want to help out and earn some fun perks: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/volunteer-sfge/

Lastly, we could use your help spreading the word about SFGE. If you happen to be going to another event across the country and would be willing to put out some of our postcard flyers, please reach out to me! We'll ship you some promo materials and a small "thank you" for your efforts. Thanks, everyone!

#32 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Preston!

#33 8 years ago

I'd bring a game in exchange for the hotel room for Friday & Sat night. I live over 100 miles away and don't want to make 2 trips.

#34 8 years ago

Hey stingray4me. Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately if we offered to cover the cost of a hotel stay for everyone who brought a game to share, we wouldn't be able to afford to hold a convention. Don't worry, there's other ways to support the show, even if it is just attending.

We really appreciate our game bringers and know what a pain it is to lug these monsters around for folks to enjoy. Game bringers are our heroes!

3 weeks later
    #35 8 years ago

Hey Everyone. I said I would let everyone know when T-shirts were available for purchase. Well, here you go: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/order-show-shirt/

Everything is going along smoothly with the planning. We've added more music guests, more tabletop guest (John Kovlaic of Munchkin and Apples to Apples fame), and have begun planning our tournaments. Oh, did you hear? We were voted to be a PAPA Circuit Event again this year! Woo-hoo!

PAPA_circuit_(resized).jpgPAPA_circuit_(resized).jpg

Don't worry, we're still working to secure another pinball guest, so be on the lookout. Also, we're nearing halfway toward our goal of over 250 games at the show - check out our current list that includes some fun stuff like Wizard Blocks, Spaceballs, and more! http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/games2016/

Stay tuned....

#36 8 years ago

Shirt was purchased last night! Super excited.

#37 8 years ago

I can't wait for this show!

Seriously, if you aren't going, you should look into it! It's become a tradition for my wife and I. We get a weekend away from the kids with no responsibilities.

The event is connected to the hotel and a huge mall, so you can really park your car and spend all weekend partying with some games and great social time.

#38 8 years ago

Yep. We're connected to a small mall (Cobb Galleria), and across the street from a much larger, nicer mall (Cumberland). If we're still at this same hotel next year in 2017, we can also boast that we are walking distance from the (then) newly constructed Atlanta Braves stadium.

Thanks for the kind words, Wolfmarsh! That's definitely what we're shooting for. You heard it here, guys, don't miss the Southern sensation that's sweepin' the nation!

#39 8 years ago

Malls? Sheesh. I'm not going to see the light of day for 3 days once I step into the hotel! Can't wait!

#40 8 years ago

Looking forward to my favorite weekend of the year! Glad to hear your wife is making it back down again Wolfmarsh! Let's do dinner!

1 week later
    #41 8 years ago

-------------------------JOIN UP NOW------------

Alright folks, SFGE is just 63 days away and we are adding new events and guests every week! Please consider becoming a member of the elite force of volunteers that help keep SFGE rocking: The Southern-Fried Troopers!

sf_troopers_(resized).jpgsf_troopers_(resized).jpg

We have great show pass incentives for members of the Troopers and legacy volunteers get a cool T-shirt. Do you want to know more?
    Check out all the details at sign up at: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/volunteer-sfge/

-----------------------JOIN UP NOW--------------

#42 8 years ago

Tons of announcements since I last updated:

1. We added Nintendo Quest and Gaming in Color to our Film Fest

2. Last week we announced that we'll be holding a silent auction with 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank. If you have some stuff to donate, please reach out.

3. We're pleased to welcome "Jersey" Jack Guarnieri as a guest (along with his Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit pinball machines!)
    JerseyJack_announcement_(resized).jpgJerseyJack_announcement_(resized).jpg

4. Oh yeah, and while they may not have much in common with gaming, we added a live wrestling show on Friday night by Atlanta Wrestling Entertainment! Because what's better than playing some games, having a few brews, and watching two sweaty dudes pummel each other?!
    awe_social_(resized).jpgawe_social_(resized).jpg

Current guest list is here: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/speakers_2016/
    Current game list is here: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/games2016/

#43 8 years ago

WRASSLIN? UGH!

#44 8 years ago

It will be in a totally separate ballroom if it isn't your thing. Feel free to ignore.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Radiowing:

-------------------------JOIN UP NOW------------
    Alright folks, SFGE is just 63 days away and we are adding new events and guests every week! Please consider becoming a member of the elite force of volunteers that help keep SFGE rocking: The Southern-Fried Troopers!
    sf_troopers_(resized).jpg
    We have great show pass incentives for members of the Troopers and legacy volunteers get a cool T-shirt. Do you want to know more?
    Check out all the details at sign up at: http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/volunteer-sfge/
    -----------------------JOIN UP NOW--------------

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#46 8 years ago

If anyone's interested, I'm bringing down Safecracker (with a NOS prototype playfield installed) ... it WILL have tokens ... but they're generics ...

2016-04-07_23.11.28_(resized).jpg2016-04-07_23.11.28_(resized).jpg

#47 8 years ago

Awesome litz! Thanks for bring that sweet Safecracker to share. I can't wait to give that a play!

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from _litz:

If anyone's interested, I'm bringing down Safecracker (with a NOS prototype playfield installed) ... it WILL have tokens ... but they're generics ...

2016-04-07_23.11.28_(resized).jpg

Very cool! I've only played a Safecracker once and it wasn't in great shape. Looking forward to playing it!

#49 8 years ago

I'll be bringing my normal contingent of 80's games, with a few changes to keep it interesting.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from _litz:

2016-04-07_23.11.28_(resized).jpg

Yeah, i was pretty excited when i saw this one on the list. Always thought it looked like a cool, unique game but not one I've had the chance to play before. Thanks for bringing it.

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-southern-fried-gameroom-expo-official-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.