(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Really wish they would have kept the April dates instead of June.

I'm not sure of why they changed it but some years the weather has been pretty difficult to travel in April especially for anyone driving a significant distance.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

We may drive in this year - any incentive for bringing 1 pin?

Do get 1/2 half on admission at the Denver show for one pin, I believe.

1 month later
    #80 3 years ago

I realize it's a much bigger population area and they seem to have tons of resources to call upon, the below is what you get to attend the Texas Pinball Festival in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Plus you get around 500 pins to play. That said, I really do appreciate all that Dan and his family does to make the Denver show happen. They all work VERY, VERY hard for many months every year and put a lot of time and effort to make the show as good as possible. Only point I'm trying to make is, I lot some of the above, can only bring one pin due to that's all I can get into my vehicle and it's a lot of effort to get it at of my game room to the show and back. Just food for thought no criticism meant or implied. I'm quite grateful to have a show in Colorado and for all who bring pins, the speakers, volunteers and workers who put in a lot of time and strong efforts.

"for every pinball machine or classic arcade game brought to the Texas Pinball Festival and set on free play for the entire weekend, Exhibitors will receive:

– an Exhibitor Level Weekend Pass to the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival
    – exclusive entry into the Exhibitor After Party on Saturday night
    – a collectible TPF2016 Exhibitor Challenge Coin
    – a raffle ticket for an exhibitor raffle awarding prizes during show set-up
    – entry into the TPF Best in Show Competition
    – priority admission into the TPF2016 World Record Attempt to reclaim the title of “Most People Playing Pinball Simultaneously” on Saturday morning

Additionally, for every Exhibitor pinball machine set on free play for the entire weekend:

– a raffle ticket for a sponsored Pinball Exhibitors raffle."

#101 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

We know it is no small task to get your games ready and muscle them to the show. We appreciate all that you do to make OUR COMMUNITY'S Rocky Mtn show special. Without our awesome community and vendor support, there would be no show. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email us or give us a call at any time. There may be some confusion on the incentives for bringing games, so we just want to clarify (we have also updated the website):
    Bring two games and receive over $300 in value:
    - One complimentary 3-day general admission for every two machines;
    - Exclusive Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 10 pm - 1 am entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a Fri. or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Exclusive Bonus Play Hours on both Sat. and Sun. 9 am - 10 am entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a corresponding Sat., Sun., or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Private Special Guest Meet and Greet Fri. and Sat. (times tbd) entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a corresponding Fri., Sat. or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Exclusive Bring-a-Game Pins and Pins Party -- catered lunch, drinks, free pinball and arcade games, and free bowling -- invitation for you and one guest;
    -One customized festival badge;
    -One collectible enamel festival pin (this was a surprise gift, but we are now letting you know);
    -One For Sale sign if you are seeking to sell one game (additional games for sale are $35 each);
    -Your game is entered into the Best of Show Competition (ribbons awarded)
    -Unlimited appreciation and admiration from the Colorado pinball and gamer community -- priceless.
    Bring one game and receive one half-price 3-day general admission (you pay $35 for a $215 value), one entrance per event above, one For Sale sign, one festival badge, and one pin.

Thanks Dan, very nice clarifications!

1 week later
    #120 3 years ago

Anyone here planning on selling pins at the show?

2 weeks later
    #174 3 years ago
    Quoted from vintageclub:

Cosmic Gunfight is easily the greatest interstellar cowboy game of 1982. If it made another appearance at the show I'd probably play it for an hour.

Is a fun game and have enjoyed playing it in the past.

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Ya I haven't seen 100 car for sale threads every 10 minutes in a little while if that ass clown could get to posting again.

And tractors, boats and other things, everything but pins that's been showing up in Colorado and other CL ads lately.

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Presuming you mean the craigslist troll claiming the show is cancelled. Appears to be gone already, flagged it about 20min ago when I saw it.

Did this really happen? If so that really pisses me off!

Dan, his family, and others work extremely hard as a labor of love to make this show happen every year. It also includes everyone who brings games, exhibitors and others. I wish we could found out who did that and ban this disrespectful jerk from coming to the show if they're planning to be there. Whether done as a joke or whatever I'm not at all cool with it.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Guys, that Elvira on the back row next to Rollergames is mine. I didn't plan on selling, but am open to it now. Comes with an extra plastic set and a topper.

Nice game! Wish I had room to buy it. GLSW!

#238 3 years ago

My wife and I had a fun time at this year's show. We've probably been to around 6+ Pinball Showdowns over the years. Always look forward to it.

We were quite surprised by how much we enjoyed GB LE. Long lines except right when the doors opened for GB throughout the week-end. It seems many people were excited to try out the LE especially as well as the Pro edition. Really enjoyed hearing Trudeau talk about his career all the way from where he got started in the industry as an artist, to his work at Game Plan, Gottlieb, B/W and now with Stern as a designer. Ultra neat to us was seeing photos he showed of whitewoods including of many games both produced and many never produced, some with incredible ideas. That was quite fascinating. I believe he's hit a home with GB and glad to see him back into pinball designing!

The talk by Butch from JJP on the rules and some about how ideas evolved, changes and were implemented on TH was also great. Played a lot of games on TH and his talk really helped to understand the rules much better including some that aren't super obvious and are very unique and well done IMO. I do like TH as well although will admit at the moment I still like my HUO WOZ better but as the software develops and I hopefully can play it more might be buying one haven't quite decided yet. Benefit of the show was getting to play GB, TH, and many other pins some I'd like to own and some wouldn't want to own but still enjoyed playing them.

Thanks to Dan, Holly and the many workers and volunteers for putting on a great show. And so much thanks to everyone who brought games to the show!

#240 3 years ago

Trudeau said it was an LE playfield but placed in a premium cabinet, so actually a unique hybrid in a way.

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Trudeau said it was an LE playfield but placed in a premium cabinet, so actually a unique hybrid in a way.

I simply stating what he told us in a seminar that the game at the show was unique in that it had premium and le aspects to it.

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I avoided the busy times but yeah it's too bad people need to be taught basic common courtesy. Having some rules printed and put around the entrance and on the games may help. At least you could point to something and say "hey buddy you're breaking the rules time to move along" if you run into the odd rude &$$hole.

Happens every year and seems worse with more new folks attending the shows. Am glad to see new people getting interested in pinball. Sometimes it's people who I honestly believe don't understand pinball show etiquette and might be at their first show. Other times it's certainly people who just don't care and think courtesy isn't something they want to follow. Real evident when they're wearing shirts from other shows or pinball related shirts that the didn't just buy at the current show. The second group I find rather annoying while the first group or person often respond well to some polite education. Do other shows have signs and rules posted? I do like that idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 1,099.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 218.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside