(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

Couple new things for this year
    Multi-state Rocky Mtn. Throwdown
    Several leagues in Denver and the surrounding states are getting together to have a friendly, multi-state league tournament at the festival. Are you going to represent in the Rocky Mtn. Throwdown?
    Best of the West We challenge our neighbor states to be a part of the Colorado festival and to bring games out to the show. Choose your state's top 8-10 games to compete in a Best of the West competition. A team of one judge from each state will work together to pick winners to receive prizes and ribbons. We want to see you there Utah, New Mexico, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, Arizona ...

Love this!

4 weeks later
    #128 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hmmm, i would suggest welcoming anybody that wants to enter tourney be allowed to enter even minutes before the tournament begins. you will have people traveling across the nation, pre booking hotel rooms, and pre paying for the event. why try to cap the tournament entries? just my suggestion.

This is more common than you think. Pinburgh does it. Cactus Jacks Showdown does it. Texas Pinball Festival did it this year. Plenty of others as well. If people sign up in advance, then we'll have the flexibility to grow the size of the tournament bank to accommodate. But if 100 people try to register at the door, we're going to have problems.

Making this a limited entry Herb makes it a more challenging balance. In the past, it's has been unlimited, so it can theoretically accommodate more players, but that's just because half of them only play one or two tournament games and then leave.

We're hoping that the change from unlimited to limited is going to draw a lot more interest this year. It would be disappointing to turn people away from entering the tournament with no warning because we've run out of tournament games/space to accommodate. My goal is to allow everyone in who wants to play. This will be much more likely if the majority of players buy their entry to the tournament in advance.

Source: I'm the tournament director.

2 weeks later
    #160 7 years ago

We're trying to avoid taking money out of the tournament prizepool to pay for scorekeepers.

Anyone willing to help out and volunteer? I'm offering: a warm fuzzy feeling, admiration from fellow pinheads, and an extra hour of qualifying on Sat morning (for scorekeepers only).

#166 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has offered to be a scorekeeper! Still need a dozen or so people.

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

if youre in Boulder you NEED to take the drive to Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons. Very close to ya and sooo worth it. We have league tonight but all the other machines are open to be played, only 5 will be tagged for league

Then, when you get kicked out of Lyons at 11pm, head to Press Play in Boulder till 2am.

#271 7 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

I thought there would have been more classic 90's Bally pins that were not there like, TOM, AFM, TZ, MB, SS and not two Mystery Castles.

I wonder if that was coincidence, or just that people think they're doing a better service to the community by bringing more rare games? All of those 90's pins you mentioned are available to play in several public locations along the front range.

#278 7 years ago

Thanks so much for taking some time out to be a scorekeeper for the tournament - much appreciated!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.