(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Game Exchange Will be there!
    Looking forward to it!

GEX convinced us to go. See you all there!

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Wish this wasn't the very next week after NWPAS...

Me too, but should be a great time!

We will be getting back very late sunday after packing up. Reassing our stuff then packing up to be shipped out first thing Monday AM for colorado then flying out a couple days later, party time!

4 weeks later
    #142 7 years ago

Finally remembered and booked last night, phew! Great hotel pricing imo for being attached. Thanks for setting all that up!

3 weeks later
    #200 7 years ago

Ghostbusters premium is super fun. Didn't expect the slings to be as cool as they are. Way impressive

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Marco. NiftyLED. Pinball Life. Anyone that sells pinball parts and not plush toys or shirts. Can't even buy a pack of balls this year...
    One used parts vendor. One LED vendor. 3 or 4 vendors selling shirts...

We have leds here!

This is an interesting complaint based on my crowd observations. Seems like less of a "Pinball buy parts crowd" and more of a "general population ' crowd. Just commenting on general. Not saying good or bad. Also pinballlife does no shows ever so you'll never find them and Marco is at southern fried expo this year.

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Yeah, but no grab bags. That's where Nifty nailed it last year.

What's a grab bag? I can throw random leds in a bag for you

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from canoncitypb:

I was hoping for more vendors with books, magazines, cool shirts, pinball parts etc. I brought a lot of money, but spent very little. Hopefully next year people will take the opportunity to make some money selling more stuff at the show.
    Overall, great show, great people. We had a good time with Lisa and Ryan from Fort Collins. Congrats on your championship Lisa!
    If you guys are out there, PM me so we can get together at Lyons sometime.

Just to comment as a vendor. This was a weird show for us for bulb/led sales. TRansaction count was about where we normally see it for shows we go to, but dollar amount much lower. We did more transactions of 5 or less bulbs ever, by almost double. Not complaining, just commenting.

We also sold more of our MVP mini pins than other shows. I got the vibe this crowd was more of your "general population" crowd rather than the "pinball hobbyist" crowd. Perhaps this is also evident in some comments above about the "pinball etiquette" . We also helped more people get games started on STTNG than normal as well, for example.

It definitely seems like a tougher show to make any money or recoup costs for vendors to come. It's incredibly expensive to travel to a show with a booth full of parts. After shipping all parts/booth items, flights, hotels, food, workers it adds up fast. It's also a ton of work and tiring to be in there for the entire day so I think Vendors really pick and choose their shows carefully.

On the rant side of it I got asked more than ever..."Is your XYZ led competitor here?" I have to admit, I really hate that question and find it rude and weird to be asked that.

Overall: I loved this show. The venue is great. Too bad it was 97 outside and AC had troubles on Saturday keeping up. That aside, the atmosphere is very low key and chill. The food/drinks inside the venue itself is so awesome. The cleaning lady commented this was one of the cleaner shows for people leaving beer bottles around etc, so hooray to the pinball crowd! I really like the mix of rooms and how it's all in close proximity and the hotel is attached. The food from their restaurant is good as well, imo. Dan and crew who organize the show just killed it. Things went so smoothly it's fairly incredible how they pull it off. The venue workers are also some of the best I've come across from shows we've done. I know it seems silly, but things like getting Company banner hung up was a breeze. Normally, this is a tricky task with lots of mixed answers. I simply gave it to Dan and it was done.

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I guess I view that as a double edged sword. Myself being a "hobbyist" I order ridiculous amounts of LEDs online from you and others but I do it all online when I need and I am just an online shopper by nature. I obviously saw you all at the show and other than stopping to check out the MVP mini game which was way cool, I just don't need to buy LEDs while I'm there. I guess my point being I appreciate vendors being there but unless it is something I know I can't get online I just don't do much with LED/part vendors when I am at shows.
    I'm sure everyone has different opinions on this even if they are "hobbyists" and I think the draw for the vendors is maybe people that are newer to the hobby or casual 1-2 game owners that haven't used many LEDs before. I think if anything I appreciate you supporting our local show so I'll try and send more business your way in the future!

I fully agree with you on this btw. For us, when we go to shows, we don't expect to make money usually with all the huge costs of traveling. We got a lot of "we didn't know you existed" - which is awesome, right? Shows help us(and all vendors) get their name out there and keep going.

Based on experience from other shows I still would say it's more of your new to pinball folks or general population crowd. Not a bad or good thing, just a simple observation. It was also evident how many times we were asked " What are these?" And when our reply was "leds for pinball machines" we got the reply of "wow so they can have leds too?"...All while they were playing STTNG and POTC in our booth with leds. I enjoy those questions, gets people into pinballs, into leds and into this whole world, its fun!

My reply you replied to was about folks commenting on not enough vendors btw

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballbulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12?tu=pinballbulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.