(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Daughter and wife have their dumb dance recital that same weekend.

ahh bummer man

1 month later
    #41 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

We will have an IFPA tournament. Stay tuned. We are currently making some changes to our traditional tournament format.

Have you figured out the new tournament structure yet?

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wyopinball:

One thing though, last year someone had a Iron Man set up in the lobby in the hotel. It was a pay machine and we stayed through Monday. After the show shutdown on Sunday, we went to dinner and came back to the hotel. I grabbed fifty bucks and went to the lobby for Iron Man and beers and the machine was gone. I was so bummed out. I hope if there is a pay machine in the lobby, it stays till Monday morning. That would be so nice.

ill have a pay machine in my room for ya, just let me know when your headed that way so i can switch it to coin op!

1 week later
    #72 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

We will have an IFPA tournament. Stay tuned. We are currently making some changes to our traditional tournament format. We will be posting details on our website at http://www.pinballshowdown.com/events

Any news on this or is it pump and dump again?

#74 3 years ago

Cool, looking forward to it!

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

It used to be $25, but that was when it was $50 for a weekend pass. Now that it's $70 for a weekend pass, maybe it's $35 to list a game for sale? Not positive.

someone unaffiliated with the event told me its a $100 to list a game for sale, even if it doesnt sell you owe the $100. Not sure if this is correct tho as I could not find any information on the website and have no personal experience selling a game at the showdown.

#92 3 years ago

I emailed yesterday asking what the cost to sell a game is, I will report back when I find out

#102 3 years ago

i tried to submit a form to bring games from the website and it never would let me send it when I hit submit.

also never received an email response to my questions. Is anything wrong with the website or it perhaps is on my side.

1 week later
    #126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hmmm, i would suggest welcoming anybody that wants to enter tourney be allowed to enter even minutes before the tournament begins. you will have people traveling across the nation, pre booking hotel rooms, and pre paying for the event. why try to cap the tournament entries? just my suggestion.

I would assume due to time constraints to get all the matches in it must have a limit on participants. If you are traveling from afar and want to participate the only for sure way to ensure a spot is to pre-register. Last minute entries would be unnecessary strain on the organizers/volunteers. Logistically it makes sense to know how many people are going to be able to play in the time frame allowed. If that number is not hit before the show starts I would assume that people could still enter leading up to it as long as the cap number hasnt been hit. Just my 2 cents tho, i am in no way affiliated with the event

#129 3 years ago

FYI Dan I still cant submit my games to bring via chrome or internet explorer. I will email you directly.

3 weeks later
    #181 3 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Did this really happen? If so that really pisses me off!
    Dan, his family, and others work extremely hard as a labor of love to make this show happen every year. It also includes everyone who brings games, exhibitors and others. I wish we could found out who did that and ban this disrespectful jerk from coming to the show if they're planning to be there. Whether done as a joke or whatever I'm not at all cool with it.

Yeah its pretty messed up someone in the hobby would do it.

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Landed in Denver yesterday. Spending a few day with my brother in Boulder and will arrive to the hotel on Friday!
    Woot!

if youre in Boulder you NEED to take the drive to Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons. Very close to ya and sooo worth it. We have league tonight but all the other machines are open to be played, only 5 will be tagged for league

#201 3 years ago

If anyone wants to get crushed in some Windjammers on Neo Geo, let me know Its in my neo cabaret in the side hall area

also, the premium Ghostbusters is pretty dope

20160609_191906_(resized).jpg

#253 3 years ago

Had a great time at the show
    Huge thanks to everyone who brought games!
    brought some games for the first time, really cool to watch people enjoy them; that feeling far outweighs the effort/stress associated with it
    Ryan did a great job running the tournaments. Very time consuming and stressful job but he willed it into a well run event

Our show is a bit smaller than some of the other ones but still great to enjoy the hobby with the local crew

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from vintageclub:

I voted for Guns N Roses for best DMD/modern game, my son agreed as well. It was gorgeous.

how did the voting work? I did not cast a vote for anything. is there a list of winners anywhere?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 18.95
    $ 22.00
    $ 149.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside