(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

I'll be there. I've never been, but I am looking forward to meeting a lot of local people who share a passion for pinball. If you bring a machine, do you have to stay all three days? I'm not sure I can stay for Sunday.

1 week later
    #42 8 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

we do require that they not leave until Sunday at the end of the show

Thanks for the response. I will plan ahead next year so I can bring games. I see some people are bringing older games like Baffle Ball. Are older games like this allowed? Do rare bingo games count to get you in free? If I bring three games, can I get a free pass and my wife get 1/2 price?

thanks,

2 weeks later
    #82 7 years ago

What are the rules for selling a game at the show? Do you have to pay a fee?

1 month later
    #249 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Successfully hauled 5 games from Utah with the mini- van. Play 'Em!

I loved the Old Chicago. My wife kicked my butt numerous times. Such a unique playfield is hard to master. I was thinking the game might be a little more balanced scoring wise if there was a lane change on the top rollover. It seems that either you get the 3 thousand and go ahead or you miss it and fall behind.

I must have played it 20 times. Thanks for bringing it. Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

I also really enjoyed the unique games like Wes' (from Universal) Spectrum and Af-Tor. Some games I'm sure are not often seen at shows. It was cool to see him working feverishly during the show to make sure the games were in top condition.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

that super nice Barracora was my favorite

That baracorra was really nice and the Black Knight with Lower level start mods was Terrific. I would prefer it if it fed to the right flipper so that the habitrail didn't need to go across the bottom of the playfield. The black balls were an awesome touch.

I also really enjoyed Sorcerer. GB kicked my butt, so it was hard to fall in love. Love the theme, but I might need some extras like those inflatable kiddie bumpers in the bowling alley to really enjoy the game.

I loved The Hobbit, but I wish the mylar on the playfield didn't affect the ball roll so much.

Quoted from Nevus:

Andrew Heighway showed some promo footage of Alien playing

Heighway was great! He showed me his video of Alien which looks amazing and even though I don't like the obstructive view ramps on FT, It was still a very fun game to play.

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Really enjoyed hearing Trudeau talk about his career

Trudeau was pretty funny to me. I think he has had some great designs and also some duds. In his second session (the only one I was able to see) he went through all of his designs over the years. He gave the impression that I have had of his designs. He stated that he was constantly under pressure to quickly produce designs. Many died at whitewood, many others made it through, but probably could have been improved or scrapped with more time. I love Silver Slugger, Congo, TX-Sector, Robo-War. Hollywood heat is fun to play. Bride of pinbot and tag team look fun. Black Rose is great, but I'm not a fan of the backglass. Kind of cheesy.

Quoted from Wyopinball:

I did miss some vendors

I was hoping for more vendors with books, magazines, cool shirts, pinball parts etc. I brought a lot of money, but spent very little. Hopefully next year people will take the opportunity to make some money selling more stuff at the show.

Overall, great show, great people. We had a good time with Lisa and Ryan from Fort Collins. Congrats on your championship Lisa!
    If you guys are out there, PM me so we can get together at Lyons sometime.

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

Cirqus Voltaire with the prototype Color DMD

The color DMD games were great. An incredible improvement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12?tu=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.