(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 7 years ago

A group of us are renting a truck, driving 900 miles, and bringing a few games each. It'll cost each of us around $200 to bring a couple games from our collections to the show, for everyone to enjoy. Yes, we will get $70 passes, so I guess only $130 each to bring games for you to enjoy. Someone mentioned that it was a ton of effort for $25 off. Spending countless hours planning a show, getting decals printed, renting trucks, getting permits, finding volunteers, etc is a TON of effort for $70 off.

I wasn't going to write anything, but shows like this don't happen AT ALL if people don't bring games. If you guys can drag one pin out of the basement, and spend $4 in gas driving in town, please do. Yes, you 'only' get a $35 break to play pins all weekend long including the VIP hours. On the bright side, you have a show in your town/state and don't have to drive 8 hours one way to pay $130 to bring games for other folks to enjoy. From the top down, people are involved in this show for the love of the hobby and sharing that love. $35 to watch hundreds of kids get thrilled over nailing a ramp, or seeing Hulk hit the ball, or spending an afternoon with their family having fun sounds like a steal. Please support your local shows, or they are going to fade away.

1 month later
    #171 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Thanks to everyone who has offered to be a scorekeeper! Still need a dozen or so people.

Emailed you a list of demands and restrictions... haha... Limited time available. Can not be combined with other offers.

#173 7 years ago

Thinking of bringing a WOZ ECLE #839 (to represent the films August 1939 release date) to sell. Would list at $7800, would take $7500. Low plays, most LED boards updated, all Mezelmods and a few others. Free unopened box of mirror blades included.

1 week later
    #276 7 years ago

Dan, Holly, Ryan and their staff KILLED it this year. Easy to navigate, all the details were nailed making the show a breeze to enjoy. I was SHOCKED that Kevin brought 29 games, kept them all running and still had time to win third place in the open tournament! He gets huge props. Vendors were split between this and SFGE, but I'm glad we have PinballBulbs, For Amusement Only, Double Danger and Tilt Hammer on hand, as well as others.

I'm not into playing arcades at pinball shows, but even I tried some of the weirder looking japanese arcade games at the show. And I played a little Donkey Kong Country on the Wii when I needed to sit down.

We brought nine games and were exhausted by the time we finally had them packed up! Asked Dan if he needed any more help, but we were pretty weak in the knees at that point. Ate something and they were all done when we returned. Feel bad about skipping out on him like that. Next year, we'll need to recruit some more help so we can help more!

Fun seeing old friends and meeting new friends. JJ's meetup was fun, chatting about GB and highlights of the show. RMPS always has some gorgeous machines, and I saw very few games turned off this year! Less than any other show I've ever been to! My NASCAR was on and off constantly. After fixing it for the third time, I gave up with five hours left on Sunday. It was a heavily routed game I recently grabbed and I guess it wasn't ready to come out of retirement yet.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the show. With you, these things don't happen!

#277 7 years ago
    Quoted from canoncitypb:

I loved the Old Chicago. My wife kicked my butt numerous times. Such a unique playfield is hard to master. I was thinking the game might be a little more balanced scoring wise if there was a lane change on the top rollover. It seems that either you get the 3 thousand and go ahead or you miss it and fall behind.
    I must have played it 20 times. Thanks for bringing it. Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

Worked it out a few months ago to buy OC at the show. Glad you liked it, and REALLY GLAD I liked it once I saw it in person. Set it up last night because my kids couldn't wait to see the 'new pinball'. Awesome layout!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12?tu=callmesteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.