(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 7 years ago

If anyone wants to get crushed in some Windjammers on Neo Geo, let me know Its in my neo cabaret in the side hall area

also, the premium Ghostbusters is pretty dope

20160609_191906_(resized).jpg20160609_191906_(resized).jpg

#202 7 years ago

I just happened to be in Dillon, CO this weekend. Planning to come check out the event!

#203 7 years ago

Is anyone driving back to Seattle area from this show and have room for a pin? I have an eye on a machine but can't make the show.

#204 7 years ago

Man... What happened to the vendors this year? Slim pickins...

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Man... What happened to the vendors this year? Slim pickins...

Who are you looking for?

Part of the problem is Atlanta show is this weekend too

#206 7 years ago

Hey JJ - any idea how soon GB premium would ship if I ordered one today?

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Who are you looking for?
    Part of the problem is Atlanta show is this weekend too

Marco. NiftyLED. Pinball Life. Anyone that sells pinball parts and not plush toys or shirts. Can't even buy a pack of balls this year...

One used parts vendor. One LED vendor. 3 or 4 vendors selling shirts...

#208 7 years ago

Got here yesterday and having a great time. There is a nice selection of games to play. Andrew Heighway, John Trudeau, Billy Mitchell and Walter day to name a few that I met and visited with yesterday. I've played GB premium with minimal waiting. It's my first RMPS, but I think it's a good show so far. I've traveled from out of town by plane and don't need part vendors etc this time.

#209 7 years ago

Marco supplied stools for the littler kids to play...that's my only gripe.

#210 7 years ago

I did see some stool yesterday at the front. I will mention it to the show today when I go down at 10:00.

I got a small stool for my son a few years ago at wal mart. We have made it fun by putting stickers on it and getting designers and such to sign it for him. He's really enjoyed it.

This was yesterday.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

If anyone wants to get crushed in some Windjammers on Neo Geo, let me know Its in my neo cabaret in the side hall area
    also, the premium Ghostbusters is pretty dope

Best game ever

#212 7 years ago

Andrew Heighway showed some promo footage of Alien playing. It looks super sweet! I'm getting excited about this one.

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

This was yesterday.

Nice! Looks like Billy has a death grip on your kids hand!

#214 7 years ago

Naaa. He couldn't have been nicer. He carries around a bunch of sharpies and will stop for as long as it takes for pictures, autographs or whatever. I'm glad I got the picture.

I'm going to challenge him in Donky Kong today! Hell, I once scored 55k on mine.

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Marco. NiftyLED. Pinball Life. Anyone that sells pinball parts and not plush toys or shirts. Can't even buy a pack of balls this year...
    One used parts vendor. One LED vendor. 3 or 4 vendors selling shirts...

We have leds here!

This is an interesting complaint based on my crowd observations. Seems like less of a "Pinball buy parts crowd" and more of a "general population ' crowd. Just commenting on general. Not saying good or bad. Also pinballlife does no shows ever so you'll never find them and Marco is at southern fried expo this year.

#216 7 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hey JJ - any idea how soon GB premium would ship if I ordered one today?

Best guess Late July.

JJ

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

We have leds here!

Yeah, but no grab bags. That's where Nifty nailed it last year.

#218 7 years ago

Hows the GB premium playing? Love to try the magna slings out!

#219 7 years ago

It's brutal, but fun. I like the ecto goggles. The best compliment I can give the slings after only a few games is that I don't notice them. Hopefully I have many more games this weekend!

The subway is cool. The ramp is massive. It's like shooting up a roller coaster.

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Yeah, but no grab bags. That's where Nifty nailed it last year.

What's a grab bag? I can throw random leds in a bag for you

#221 7 years ago

100 random colors for $30.

#223 7 years ago

Successfully hauled 5 games from Utah with the mini- van. Play 'Em!

20160610_111634_(resized).jpg20160610_111634_(resized).jpg

#224 7 years ago

Lee you have very nice games at the show. But i gotta admit - i was more excited about your DP Diner than i was for Ghostbusters LE! You must have sold it.

#225 7 years ago

I did unfortunately. It shipped to NJ. I just couldn't pass it up since I had already bought and paid for a pin at the show. Sorry!

#226 7 years ago

Im not surprised. I saw those pics. Beautiful game. I have never played one that wasn't trashed.

#227 7 years ago

Anybody got a pair of stern button Armor rails for sale? Was hoping to pick up some at the show, but no dice.

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Im not surprised. I saw those pics. Beautiful game. I have never played one that wasn't trashed.

Thanks. Flash is for sale. Better deal for a pinsider! Asking $900.

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Thanks. Flash is for sale. Better deal for a pinsider! Asking $900.

Lee, talk to me when you are back in Utah. Are you going to SLAP next Saturday? I'm still interested depending on how much work it needs

#230 7 years ago

That big box next to the other 2 Full Throttles is now in it's home:

FULLTh_005_(resized).JPGFULLTh_005_(resized).JPG

#231 7 years ago

You won't regret it.

#232 7 years ago

Guys, that Elvira on the back row next to Rollergames is mine. I didn't plan on selling, but am open to it now. Comes with an extra plastic set and a topper.

#233 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

That rollergames!!!

#234 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Guys, that Elvira on the back row next to Rollergames is mine. I didn't plan on selling, but am open to it now. Comes with an extra plastic set and a topper.

Nice game! Wish I had room to buy it. GLSW!

#235 7 years ago

Thanks to Dan and family for a well run show. I had the opportunity to play my fill of some great games new and classic. I'd have to say that super nice Barracora was my favorite of the show. But best of all was meeting a lot of fellow Pinsiders. Looking forward to next year.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#236 7 years ago

Show was good, but I did miss some vendors from last year, Laserriffic toppers, xpin, and my friend Mezel Mods who had a unexpected family issue come up.
    Last year I wrote a Check for 6 grand on a machine and had no issues, this year I offered Dukes Pinball a check for a machine and he said no. He said I had to be reputable by being on Pinside for him to take a check.
    Are we reputable here? I thought that was hilarious, but I get it. Guess we do things a little different in Wyoming.

#237 7 years ago

Thanks for the good time, Colorado, and thanks to everyone who brought games. Only got to meet a few of you, but a few more every year, right? Really enjoyed playing all the boutique pins as well as some of the older pins. Also missed seeing more vendors. I don't think that the universal guy likes me much... It was also surreal listening to Billy Mitchell blow hot air all over the place - enjoyed that quite a bit.

The only downside was the large amount of dbags on Saturday. People playing 4 player games and then, when those games were done, turning around and saying, "Oh, you want to play this? I waited a long time for this machine and I'm not done yet." And then firing up another 4 player game. This happened many times. It's cool that so many non pinball people came to show, but many of them were seriously lacking in arcade etiquette. Maybe a problem common to all shows without a solution? But whatev, enjoyed one of CO's fine medical dispensaries when the game floor got too busy...

#238 7 years ago

My wife and I had a fun time at this year's show. We've probably been to around 6+ Pinball Showdowns over the years. Always look forward to it.

We were quite surprised by how much we enjoyed GB LE. Long lines except right when the doors opened for GB throughout the week-end. It seems many people were excited to try out the LE especially as well as the Pro edition. Really enjoyed hearing Trudeau talk about his career all the way from where he got started in the industry as an artist, to his work at Game Plan, Gottlieb, B/W and now with Stern as a designer. Ultra neat to us was seeing photos he showed of whitewoods including of many games both produced and many never produced, some with incredible ideas. That was quite fascinating. I believe he's hit a home with GB and glad to see him back into pinball designing!

The talk by Butch from JJP on the rules and some about how ideas evolved, changes and were implemented on TH was also great. Played a lot of games on TH and his talk really helped to understand the rules much better including some that aren't super obvious and are very unique and well done IMO. I do like TH as well although will admit at the moment I still like my HUO WOZ better but as the software develops and I hopefully can play it more might be buying one haven't quite decided yet. Benefit of the show was getting to play GB, TH, and many other pins some I'd like to own and some wouldn't want to own but still enjoyed playing them.

Thanks to Dan, Holly and the many workers and volunteers for putting on a great show. And so much thanks to everyone who brought games to the show!

#239 7 years ago

To be clear it was a GB Premium. That game was very well received... it's packed with goodness!!

Thanks to all who put on this show, the show, the tournaments, and everything was very well run and enjoyed by many.

#240 7 years ago

Trudeau said it was an LE playfield but placed in a premium cabinet, so actually a unique hybrid in a way.

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Trudeau said it was an LE playfield but placed in a premium cabinet, so actually a unique hybrid in a way.

The LE and Premium have the same playfield. It's not a hybrid. The difference between the two is the translite and cabinet. The LE is a limited run of Slimer models. The Premium features the Ecto1 and a toasty mallow.

#242 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

The LE and Premium have the same playfield. It's not a hybrid. The difference between the two is the translite and cabinet. The LE is a limited run of Slimer models. The Premium features the Ecto1 and a toasty mallow.

Not quite right, le has signed pf, and the info stickers on arch are slimmer themed. Not sure if there is an extra layer of clear due to being signed or not.

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

People playing 4 player games and then, when those games were done, turning around and saying, "Oh, you want to play this? I waited a long time for this machine and I'm not done yet." And then firing up another 4 player game. This happened many times. It's cool that so many non pinball people came to show, but many of them were seriously lacking in arcade etiquette. Maybe a problem common to all shows without a solution?

I avoided the busy times but yeah it's too bad people need to be taught basic common courtesy. Having some rules printed and put around the entrance and on the games may help. At least you could point to something and say "hey buddy you're breaking the rules time to move along" if you run into the odd rude &$$hole.

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I simply stating what he told us in a seminar that the game at the show was unique in that it had premium and le aspects to it.

#245 7 years ago

It was a good show and lots of younger generation pinball enthusiasts there which is good to see. I too would have liked to see more venders there but overall I'm glad to see participation at this show. Hope to see another great show next year.

#246 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I avoided the busy times but yeah it's too bad people need to be taught basic common courtesy. Having some rules printed and put around the entrance and on the games may help. At least you could point to something and say "hey buddy you're breaking the rules time to move along" if you run into the odd rude &$$hole.

Happens every year and seems worse with more new folks attending the shows. Am glad to see new people getting interested in pinball. Sometimes it's people who I honestly believe don't understand pinball show etiquette and might be at their first show. Other times it's certainly people who just don't care and think courtesy isn't something they want to follow. Real evident when they're wearing shirts from other shows or pinball related shirts that the didn't just buy at the current show. The second group I find rather annoying while the first group or person often respond well to some polite education. Do other shows have signs and rules posted? I do like that idea.

#247 7 years ago

It's not a professional pinball event. You're talking about people that haven't played pinball in decades, if ever, and you expect them to know the ins and outs of "arcade etiquette"? Finding the launch button is a success. I wouldn't take it so seriously or personally. They are all trying to have fun. I had somebody get mad at my kid a few years ago at an event because she didn't realize they were behind her for some random game and she started a new one. I think a really polite reminder is fine but making any kind of deal out of it is a turn off that will make people think pinball folks are a-holes.

#248 7 years ago

I expect them not to be complete assholes. We can all dream...

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I loved the Old Chicago. My wife kicked my butt numerous times. Such a unique playfield is hard to master. I was thinking the game might be a little more balanced scoring wise if there was a lane change on the top rollover. It seems that either you get the 3 thousand and go ahead or you miss it and fall behind.

I must have played it 20 times. Thanks for bringing it. Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

I also really enjoyed the unique games like Wes' (from Universal) Spectrum and Af-Tor. Some games I'm sure are not often seen at shows. It was cool to see him working feverishly during the show to make sure the games were in top condition.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

that super nice Barracora was my favorite

That baracorra was really nice and the Black Knight with Lower level start mods was Terrific. I would prefer it if it fed to the right flipper so that the habitrail didn't need to go across the bottom of the playfield. The black balls were an awesome touch.

I also really enjoyed Sorcerer. GB kicked my butt, so it was hard to fall in love. Love the theme, but I might need some extras like those inflatable kiddie bumpers in the bowling alley to really enjoy the game.

I loved The Hobbit, but I wish the mylar on the playfield didn't affect the ball roll so much.

Quoted from Nevus:

Andrew Heighway showed some promo footage of Alien playing

Heighway was great! He showed me his video of Alien which looks amazing and even though I don't like the obstructive view ramps on FT, It was still a very fun game to play.

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Really enjoyed hearing Trudeau talk about his career

Trudeau was pretty funny to me. I think he has had some great designs and also some duds. In his second session (the only one I was able to see) he went through all of his designs over the years. He gave the impression that I have had of his designs. He stated that he was constantly under pressure to quickly produce designs. Many died at whitewood, many others made it through, but probably could have been improved or scrapped with more time. I love Silver Slugger, Congo, TX-Sector, Robo-War. Hollywood heat is fun to play. Bride of pinbot and tag team look fun. Black Rose is great, but I'm not a fan of the backglass. Kind of cheesy.

Quoted from Wyopinball:

I did miss some vendors

I was hoping for more vendors with books, magazines, cool shirts, pinball parts etc. I brought a lot of money, but spent very little. Hopefully next year people will take the opportunity to make some money selling more stuff at the show.

Overall, great show, great people. We had a good time with Lisa and Ryan from Fort Collins. Congrats on your championship Lisa!
    If you guys are out there, PM me so we can get together at Lyons sometime.

#250 7 years ago

Wow, what a great weekend! I had a great time from the moment I got there until I sleepily boarded my plane to fly back home. I was able to win two tournaments and had a couple of second place finishes. I reconnected with good friends from the hobby and met a lot of new people. HUGE thanks to JJ and the McCarthy family for being ht backbone of the games at show. Between Game Exchange and the McCarthys, we had 60+ games on the floor. Amazing.

I'll create a blog post on the podcast site for my show highs and lows, but here's a few games I particularly enjoyed: Ryan Grant's customized Black Knight, GB premium, Af-Tor, Rob Zombie, GoT, Viking, Baseball, Barracora, TWD, and GNR.

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.