(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

We know it is no small task to get your games ready and muscle them to the show. We appreciate all that you do to make OUR COMMUNITY'S Rocky Mtn show special. Without our awesome community and vendor support, there would be no show. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email us or give us a call at any time. There may be some confusion on the incentives for bringing games, so we just want to clarify (we have also updated the website):
    Bring two games and receive over $300 in value:
    - One complimentary 3-day general admission for every two machines;
    - Exclusive Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 10 pm - 1 am entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a Fri. or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Exclusive Bonus Play Hours on both Sat. and Sun. 9 am - 10 am entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a corresponding Sat., Sun., or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Private Special Guest Meet and Greet Fri. and Sat. (times tbd) entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a corresponding Fri., Sat. or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Exclusive Bring-a-Game Pins and Pins Party -- catered lunch, drinks, free pinball and arcade games, and free bowling -- invitation for you and one guest;
    -One customized festival badge;
    -One collectible enamel festival pin (this was a surprise gift, but we are now letting you know);
    -One For Sale sign if you are seeking to sell one game (additional games for sale are $35 each);
    -Your game is entered into the Best of Show Competition (ribbons awarded)
    -Unlimited appreciation and admiration from the Colorado pinball and gamer community -- priceless.
    Bring one game and receive one half-price 3-day general admission (you pay $35 for a $215 value), one entrance per event above, one For Sale sign, one festival badge, and one pin.

Thanks Dan, very nice clarifications!

#102 3 years ago

i tried to submit a form to bring games from the website and it never would let me send it when I hit submit.

also never received an email response to my questions. Is anything wrong with the website or it perhaps is on my side.

#103 3 years ago

Driving in from Memphis. Wasn't originally planning on attending, but luck would have it that I have to pick my dad up in Denver rather than Albuquerque that weekend before heading to Moab. I have heard great things. I wish that I could bring a game, but will be loaded up with a RZR and a 4wheeler plus gear.

Not sure when load-in/setup is at this event, but I will be getting to the hotel Thursday, if anyone needs an extra set of hands to help unload/set up games.

#104 3 years ago

Thanks for letting us know about the Bringing Games and Contact forms submit buttons not working. We did not receive your messages. Seems that it was an issue with some browsers, like Chrome and Safari. It should be all set now. I am happy to answer your questions. Please feel free to send me an email at info@pinballshowdown.com. We would also love to have you bring games to the show.

Thanks,
    Dan

#105 3 years ago

Got a guest question. Ben Heckendorn was mentioned as a guest, but doing a Pinchat seminar... does that mean he'll only be showing up via an internet stream at the panel, rather than personally in attendance?

#106 3 years ago

Ben Heck, John Trudeau, Billy Mitchell, and all our other guests will all be here in person all weekend long. They will all be doing PinChat seminars, be around on the show floor, and at the special guest meet and greets (meet and greets require separate tickets).

#107 3 years ago

New tournament formats have been confirmed. The new main tournament will be a limited format with PAPA-Style finals. The finals will also take place on Saturday night. We will have all the tournament information up soon on the website. The Solid State and EM tournaments will also be limited formats with PAPA-Style finals. We will also be adding several new casual tournaments at the show. If you like tournaments, you are going to love all the new things we are doing this year.

#108 3 years ago

Awesome, I can't wait to play in the tournaments. I usually only play in the main tournament, but I'll get involved in the others this year too.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

Ben Heck, John Trudeau, Billy Mitchell, and all our other guests will all be here in person all weekend long.

What's Billy Mitchell doing at a pinball show?

#110 3 years ago

Selling hot sauce?

Quoted from Allibaster:

#111 3 years ago

Can you enter the tournaments the day of? Or is it a preregistration?

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Considering a third of all the games at the show are are video games, the show name is a little misleading

#113 3 years ago

We will have pre-registration for the new Main Tournament that is currently up on our website. All the rules and format changes will be up on the site very soon. It will be limited to a certain number of players (based on number of games) and if it is not sold out prior to the show, you will be able to enter at the show. The new limited format SS and EM tournaments will be registered at the show.

However, this will be the first time we are doing the new format, so we do not have a good feel for how popular it will be. I will also update everyone once all the information is on the website.

The main tournament buy-in is $50.00. I would recommend pre-registering to ensure you get a spot.

#114 3 years ago

Tournament Registration and Rules are now available at:

http://pinballshowdown.com/events.html

You can pre-register at www.pinballshowdown.com

#115 3 years ago

Lots of really positive changes to the show, I think I'll bring a game this year...

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

New tournament formats have been confirmed. The new main tournament will be a limited format with PAPA-Style finals. The finals will also take place on Saturday night. We will have all the tournament information up soon on the website. The Solid State and EM tournaments will also be limited formats with PAPA-Style finals. We will also be adding several new casual tournaments at the show. If you like tournaments, you are going to love all the new things we are doing this year.

Do you know the final tournamant and seminar times? My son and I love going to the seminars, but last year's kids tournament was overlapping with Don and Jeff and we had to show up late to their seminar. I suppose its inevitable as the show gets bigger, but one can hope. Any idea?

#117 3 years ago

The schedule should be up in the next day or two. The kids tournament does not overlap the Pinball Podcast seminar, but it does overlap others. On Saturday, there is a seminar every hour on the hour starting from 11:00 am until 9:00 pm and there are seminars 3-5 seminars on both Friday and Sunday. Main tournament finals are now Saturday night and the EM and Classics are Sunday.

We have a packed schedule and we are still working on a couple people more that we hope to announce very soon! This is the largest amount of seminars, tournaments, and hopefully games the show has ever had.

#118 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be someone offering on-site board rebuild/repair at RMPS?

#119 3 years ago

I registered the tournament. I'm hoping to find time to qualify and compete around putting on our live show. It's never been a problem in the past, so I'm guessing I can make it work again this year. I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, if anybody is coming to see me and Don, feel free to toss out suggestions for things that would be fun to do at a live show. We're planning now and want things to be fairly interactive.

#120 3 years ago

Anyone here planning on selling pins at the show?

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'm bringing and offering for sale my Mystery Castle which has spare boards and is on the market here if anyone wants to see the nice pictures.

#122 3 years ago

I'm going to put a for sale sign on the T3.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Probably a Diner, Pinbot, Flash and a Q-bert arcade. All in nice shape.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

By the way, if anybody is coming to see me and Don, feel free to toss out suggestions for things that would be fun to do at a live show. We're planning now and want things to be fairly interactive.

The 1st annual Pinball Podcast Pants Down Pinball Tournament.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

The main tournament buy-in is $50.00. I would recommend pre-registering to ensure you get a spot

hmmm, i would suggest welcoming anybody that wants to enter tourney be allowed to enter even minutes before the tournament begins. you will have people traveling across the nation, pre booking hotel rooms, and pre paying for the event. why try to cap the tournament entries? just my suggestion.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hmmm, i would suggest welcoming anybody that wants to enter tourney be allowed to enter even minutes before the tournament begins. you will have people traveling across the nation, pre booking hotel rooms, and pre paying for the event. why try to cap the tournament entries? just my suggestion.

I would assume due to time constraints to get all the matches in it must have a limit on participants. If you are traveling from afar and want to participate the only for sure way to ensure a spot is to pre-register. Last minute entries would be unnecessary strain on the organizers/volunteers. Logistically it makes sense to know how many people are going to be able to play in the time frame allowed. If that number is not hit before the show starts I would assume that people could still enter leading up to it as long as the cap number hasnt been hit. Just my 2 cents tho, i am in no way affiliated with the event

#127 3 years ago

This will be my 4th year in a row attending.. Can't wait!

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

This is more common than you think. Pinburgh does it. Cactus Jacks Showdown does it. Texas Pinball Festival did it this year. Plenty of others as well. If people sign up in advance, then we'll have the flexibility to grow the size of the tournament bank to accommodate. But if 100 people try to register at the door, we're going to have problems.

Making this a limited entry Herb makes it a more challenging balance. In the past, it's has been unlimited, so it can theoretically accommodate more players, but that's just because half of them only play one or two tournament games and then leave.

We're hoping that the change from unlimited to limited is going to draw a lot more interest this year. It would be disappointing to turn people away from entering the tournament with no warning because we've run out of tournament games/space to accommodate. My goal is to allow everyone in who wants to play. This will be much more likely if the majority of players buy their entry to the tournament in advance.

Source: I'm the tournament director.

#129 3 years ago

FYI Dan I still cant submit my games to bring via chrome or internet explorer. I will email you directly.

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

But if 100 people try to register at the door, we're going to have problems.

makes sense, i guess i am just used to dealing with 'tens of people' up here in wyoming in general. we don't think in hundreds or thousands.

Quoted from ryanwanger:

Source: I'm the tournament director.

great, thank you for your efforts and i'll see you there.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Making this a limited entry Herb makes it a more challenging balance. In the past, it's has been unlimited, so it can theoretically accommodate more players, but that's just because half of them only play one or two tournament games and then leave.

With unlimited Herb players can play the entire qualifying time, which I've seen commonly result in 30-40 entries and long lines, nullifying most of the onsie/twosie entries. I'd lean toward limited Herb as allowing more participants, along with being a more fair format. I love the change for this year.

#132 3 years ago

Will we see a return of the "lights out" on Saturday night? I don't think it happened last year, but definitely in 2014. That was a blast.

#133 3 years ago

Anybody coming from the Chicago, IL area and interested in hauling a machine to the show by chance? Please PM me for details. Thanks.

#134 3 years ago

New Pinball Showdown pin

image_(resized).jpeg

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

With unlimited Herb players can play the entire qualifying time, which I've seen commonly result in 30-40 entries and long lines, nullifying most of the onsie/twosie entries. I'd lean toward limited Herb as allowing more participants, along with being a more fair format. I love the change for this year.

This is Colorado, it's always unlimited herb here.

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

This is Colorado, it's always unlimited herb here.

Not any more...

#137 3 years ago

So I would like to know if there is going to be a swap meet somewhere where people can sell items without having to buy a vendor booth? I have few parts to sell but not enough that I would want to buy a booth.

#138 3 years ago

In years past, there has been a Google spreadsheet that had pinball sales on it. Maybe we need that for games and parts / accessories?

#142 3 years ago

Finally remembered and booked last night, phew! Great hotel pricing imo for being attached. Thanks for setting all that up!

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Anybody coming from the Chicago, IL area and interested in hauling a machine to the show by chance? Please PM me for details. Thanks.

Bumping this to see if anyone can help. Thanks.

#144 3 years ago

Try posting here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club

Quoted from yuriijos:

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

PM user ramegoom he has a posting in the Colorado FS thread about taking a 20ft box truck to Chicago in early June.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/20#post-2709086

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

PM user ramegoom he has a posting in the Colorado FS thread about taking a 20ft box truck to Chicago in early June.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/20#post-2709086

Sadly looks like he's running empty in the wrong direction!

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sadly looks like he's running empty in the wrong direction!

Yikes missed that entirely. thanks

#148 2 years ago

Quick question. If you bring one game it says you get one entry to all the special events. It looks like all the events come with a buddy pass which is a great idea, most of us show up with someone. You can bring someone along to events if you bring one game, correct?

#149 2 years ago

Bringing one game includes entry for one person (yourself) into the bonus hours, bring-a-game hours, meet and greet, and Pins and Pins Party in addition to the general admission hours for the cost of $35.

If anyone has any additional specific questions, please feel free to email us anytime at info@pinballshowdown.com

#150 2 years ago

Jim Schelberg of The PinGame Journal will be speaking at the 2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown. Come meet Jim in person and listen to his fascinating stories as one of the world's leading authorities on pinball. (Photo courtesy www.pinballnews.com)

Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 49.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside