(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 7 years ago

I went last year and bought a brand new machine from Game Exchange. I talked with a lot of sellers there, and no one was as great as JJ. The rest showed no interest in me dropping six grand, but JJ treated us like we actually were somebody.
    This year I am coming back with a pocket full of cash, and will be dealing with JJ again. We can't wait and are excited to bring home another pin.

#52 7 years ago

JJ at Game Exchange is great. I bought my AC/DC Premium through him and my Ghostbusters LE as well. He's always the first guy I call when I want to price a new game.

#53 7 years ago

One thing though, last year someone had a Iron Man set up in the lobby in the hotel. It was a pay machine and we stayed through Monday. After the show shutdown on Sunday, we went to dinner and came back to the hotel. I grabbed fifty bucks and went to the lobby for Iron Man and beers and the machine was gone. I was so bummed out. I hope if there is a pay machine in the lobby, it stays till Monday morning. That would be so nice.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wyopinball:

One thing though, last year someone had a Iron Man set up in the lobby in the hotel. It was a pay machine and we stayed through Monday. After the show shutdown on Sunday, we went to dinner and came back to the hotel. I grabbed fifty bucks and went to the lobby for Iron Man and beers and the machine was gone. I was so bummed out. I hope if there is a pay machine in the lobby, it stays till Monday morning. That would be so nice.

ill have a pay machine in my room for ya, just let me know when your headed that way so i can switch it to coin op!

#55 7 years ago

Sure,if I can stay the night and not have to drive after drinking all evening

#56 7 years ago

Missed last year, but hope to make it this year with a game to trade. Always think about bringing a game for the convention, but it's pretty tough to leave it up through Sunday when you have a 7 hour drive to be home...

Hoping someone will have glass or invisiglass for sale. Maybe an appearance by a GB prem? And JJ, don't forget the Hardbody.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wyopinball:

its there for the Charity that Dan sets up.. I'm not sure if that one was ours but I think it was? I think Dan has to have everything out of the hotel Sunday night.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Hoping someone will have glass

PM Pinsider DNO. At least in past years he's been willing to bring playfield glass to the Showdown if you check with him in advance, and his prices are unbeatable.

#59 7 years ago

I will check with him as well, I need some of that glass

#60 7 years ago

Wish this wasn't the very next week after NWPAS...

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Wish this wasn't the very next week after NWPAS...

Me too, but should be a great time!

We will be getting back very late sunday after packing up. Reassing our stuff then packing up to be shipped out first thing Monday AM for colorado then flying out a couple days later, party time!

#62 7 years ago

Flight and hotel booked! See you all there. I'm bringing one of my sons also and he's way better than me at pinball.

#63 7 years ago

Arcade Legend and star of "The King of Kong", Billy Mitchell, will be coming to the 2016 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, June 10-12. Come meet him in person and watch him play PacMan, Donkey Kong, and more!

We need your help. Do you have a PacMan, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Burgertime, etc that you can bring to the show for Billy to play? Please contact us at [email protected] and let us know.

Billy_Mitchell_RMPS_(resized).jpgBilly_Mitchell_RMPS_(resized).jpg

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

Arcade Legend and star of "The King of Kong", Billy Mitchell, will be coming to the 2016 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, June 10-12. Come meet him in person and watch him play PacMan, Donkey Kong, and more!

Shit just got real.

#65 7 years ago

Any word on Steve Wiebe?

#66 7 years ago

Walter Day, founder of Twin Galaxies, will be at the 2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown, June 10-12.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#67 7 years ago

Dan do the games have to stay till 5pm on Sunday? We got a 7hr ride back to ABQ.

#68 7 years ago

Come play The Hobbit at the 2016 show. We will have a brand new Hobbit for everyone to enjoy.

The_Hobbit_Pinball_Flyer_(resized).jpgThe_Hobbit_Pinball_Flyer_(resized).jpg

#69 7 years ago

New stickers just arrived. What do you think? Which is your favorite?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#70 7 years ago

I like the one with the Colorado C and the Rocky Mts.

#71 7 years ago

Bottom Right,She is what all pinball dudes wish they had as their good luck charm
    Dan,also wondering if you or JJP will have some standard Invisiglass for sale at the show this year ?
    Thanks,Kirk

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

We will have an IFPA tournament. Stay tuned. We are currently making some changes to our traditional tournament format. We will be posting details on our website at http://www.pinballshowdown.com/events

Any news on this or is it pump and dump again?

#73 7 years ago

We are very close to announcing the new formats. It will be early next week. The main tournament will mostly likely not be the traditional herb format that we have used in the past. We will still have casual tournaments throughout the weekend with a few new added and something for newer players as well.

#74 7 years ago

Cool, looking forward to it!

#75 7 years ago

CALL FOR GAMES! We need your help to make the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, an awesome festival -- we can't do it without YOU. Our show has one of the world's finest pinball and arcade communities, and YOU make it special. BE A PART OF THE SHOW! Register your games NOW at: http://pinballshowdown.com/bringgames.html

Remember all the great perks for bringing your games:
    -Bring two machines and get one free 3-day admission (half price for bringing one game)
    -Special Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 10 pm - 1 am (1 pass per game)
    -Bonus Play Hours on both Sat and Sun. 9 am - 10 am (1 pass per game)
    -Invitation to the Special Guest Meet and Greet at the show (1 pass per game)
    -Invitation to yearly Bring-a-Game Pins and Pins Party (takes place prior to next year's show)

SHOW_PHOTO_(resized).jpgSHOW_PHOTO_(resized).jpg

#76 7 years ago

Looking forward to it!! Might be able to bring a game or two as well

#77 7 years ago

I'm going to make a suggestion and say that people bringing one game should get free admission. Some people have an easier time bringing games than others, for people like me it's a ton of effort for $25 off. That, plus if you make it free to sell the first game or two, I think you'd have a lot more of those people who can only possibly bring a game or two participate.

Just my take on it.

#78 7 years ago

^^+1. Without a trailer, a lot of us only have room in our vehicles to bring one game. It would be great to see more games for sale at the show and maybe encouraging bringing more single games would help in that department too.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

for people like me it's a ton of effort for $25 off

It's actually getting you about $60 worth of admissions to bring one game. Not a bad deal if you're local.

#80 7 years ago

I realize it's a much bigger population area and they seem to have tons of resources to call upon, the below is what you get to attend the Texas Pinball Festival in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Plus you get around 500 pins to play. That said, I really do appreciate all that Dan and his family does to make the Denver show happen. They all work VERY, VERY hard for many months every year and put a lot of time and effort to make the show as good as possible. Only point I'm trying to make is, I lot some of the above, can only bring one pin due to that's all I can get into my vehicle and it's a lot of effort to get it at of my game room to the show and back. Just food for thought no criticism meant or implied. I'm quite grateful to have a show in Colorado and for all who bring pins, the speakers, volunteers and workers who put in a lot of time and strong efforts.

"for every pinball machine or classic arcade game brought to the Texas Pinball Festival and set on free play for the entire weekend, Exhibitors will receive:

– an Exhibitor Level Weekend Pass to the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival
    – exclusive entry into the Exhibitor After Party on Saturday night
    – a collectible TPF2016 Exhibitor Challenge Coin
    – a raffle ticket for an exhibitor raffle awarding prizes during show set-up
    – entry into the TPF Best in Show Competition
    – priority admission into the TPF2016 World Record Attempt to reclaim the title of “Most People Playing Pinball Simultaneously” on Saturday morning

Additionally, for every Exhibitor pinball machine set on free play for the entire weekend:

– a raffle ticket for a sponsored Pinball Exhibitors raffle."

#81 7 years ago

I can only bring one game, my basement is hard to load out of and I have an SUV that only fits one. A few years ago I brought a game and made it for sale. Making the game for sale negated the discount I got for bringing the game because of the price to sell, I still had to pay what was equivalent to the full price of admission. I took a day off work to setup, the game didn't sell, and needed various repairs done afterword to keep it up to my expectations for when I sell something.

It's hard to take a day off, lug it out of the basement, to pay what is equivalent to full price and then not have the game sell.

Not trying to put the show or anyone down, I just wanted to share what had previously been my experience to hopefully have things improved in the future.

#82 7 years ago

What are the rules for selling a game at the show? Do you have to pay a fee?

#83 7 years ago

It used to be $25, but that was when it was $50 for a weekend pass. Now that it's $70 for a weekend pass, maybe it's $35 to list a game for sale? Not positive.

Quoted from canoncitypb:

What are the rules for selling a game at the show? Do you have to pay a fee?

#84 7 years ago

Pinside needs it's own For Sale or Trade barn in the parking lot.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Pinside needs it's own For Sale or Trade barn in the parking lot.

would love to see that.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

It used to be $25, but that was when it was $50 for a weekend pass. Now that it's $70 for a weekend pass, maybe it's $35 to list a game for sale? Not positive.

someone unaffiliated with the event told me its a $100 to list a game for sale, even if it doesnt sell you owe the $100. Not sure if this is correct tho as I could not find any information on the website and have no personal experience selling a game at the showdown.

#87 7 years ago

He might not be wrong per say. There were multiple ways to make a game for sale. If your game was on the floor, it was $25 to put a for sale sign on it. If you had multiple games and you wanted a booth, those started at $100, I believe you could fit 4 games but you got your own little booth/area. This is all from my really bad memory though

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

someone unaffiliated with the event told me its a $100 to list a game for sale

One of the biggest improvements this should could make is the for sale side of things. The prospect of coming home with a game is a huge plus for people and I think would help with attendance.

#88 7 years ago

I will second that TPF is very generous with its exhibitor perks. I'm out of state and flying to the RMPS, so I can't bring a game. I do appreciate all of you that are going to bring one so visitors like me can enjoy them.

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I will second that TPF is very generous with its exhibitor perks. I'm out of state and flying to the RMPS, so I can't bring a game. I do appreciate all of you that are going to bring one so visitors like me can enjoy them.

Ha I come to TPF and don't Bring games.. But I sure will bring some to RMPS! =)

2 Maybe 3 26' Trucks worth

=)

#90 7 years ago

A group of us are renting a truck, driving 900 miles, and bringing a few games each. It'll cost each of us around $200 to bring a couple games from our collections to the show, for everyone to enjoy. Yes, we will get $70 passes, so I guess only $130 each to bring games for you to enjoy. Someone mentioned that it was a ton of effort for $25 off. Spending countless hours planning a show, getting decals printed, renting trucks, getting permits, finding volunteers, etc is a TON of effort for $70 off.

I wasn't going to write anything, but shows like this don't happen AT ALL if people don't bring games. If you guys can drag one pin out of the basement, and spend $4 in gas driving in town, please do. Yes, you 'only' get a $35 break to play pins all weekend long including the VIP hours. On the bright side, you have a show in your town/state and don't have to drive 8 hours one way to pay $130 to bring games for other folks to enjoy. From the top down, people are involved in this show for the love of the hobby and sharing that love. $35 to watch hundreds of kids get thrilled over nailing a ramp, or seeing Hulk hit the ball, or spending an afternoon with their family having fun sounds like a steal. Please support your local shows, or they are going to fade away.

#91 7 years ago

#92 7 years ago

I emailed yesterday asking what the cost to sell a game is, I will report back when I find out

#93 7 years ago

It seems like most sales and trades happen long before the show, at least that's what I saw in CA at Pin-A-Go-Go, most of what sold at the show wasn't advertised or posted in the forums. I'm surprised not so see similar post and trades in this thread. This is my first time for this show, but always envious of scenes from other shows that have a robust seller's area outside of the show floor.

I'll caveat that I'm also less interested in complete or playable games. My market is junk or project games and if there are show costs to sell a game that's not on the floor, unlikely we'll see a van load of old arcade and collector thinning out projects. I'm not looking for a specific pin, but something I can fix and restore, and not that picky but would like to browse a selection. From the sound of it, that won't be the case at this show.

#94 7 years ago

I'm flying in, but I'm seeing if I can get a game or two on a friend's trailer. I'll do what I can to support the show from that standpoint.

#95 7 years ago

I asked Dan from RMPS about selling my Mystery Castle which I am bringing to the show and this is what he said

" New this year, people that bring games are able to sell their first game at no cost and it is $35 for each additional game for sale. The game is also required to stay until 5:00 pm on Sunday. If the game sells and leaves early, there is a $75 game removal fee.​ "

So maybe Dan can confirm what he emailed me about selling games there.

#96 7 years ago

If anyone is looking to unload a project pin I may be interested. I'm driving up from southern Colorado, no need to bring it to the event if your local or in between. I'm mostly interested in a Early SS or modern pin that needs work, most likely for a re-theme or as parts for custom scratch build. I maybe also interested in just a complete cab from a standard DMD game.

Send me a PM with details.

Also interested in meeting other people interested in making a game from scratch or with experience to share about building a custom game. I'm an artist and maker, but not a programmer or engineer, or game designer, anyone in the region interested in working on a project and want to meet up to just talk shop or even partner on a build, I'm very interested in meeting while at the show. I live in SoCo but may be moving north, finding a 'team' to work on a project might be reason enough. I have fairly fleshed out themes for the movie Fifth Element and another for Blizzard/Activision's video game series Diablo, if there's interest I'll bring work books and details to the show to share.

Thanks.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

If anyone is looking to unload a project pin I may be interested. I'm driving up from southern Colorado, no need to bring it to the event if your local or in between. I'm mostly interested in a Early SS or modern pin that needs work, most likely for a re-theme or as parts for custom scratch build. I maybe also interested in just a complete cab from a standard DMD game.
    Send me a PM with details.
    Also interested in meeting other people interested in making a game from scratch or with experience to share about building a custom game. I'm an artist and maker, but not a programmer or engineer, anyone in the region interested in working on a project and want to meet up to just talk shop or even partner on a build, I'm very interested in meeting while at the show. I live in SoCo but may be moving north, finding a 'team' to work on a project might be reason enough.
    Thanks.

Might be worth posting this in the CO FS/FT thread as well to maximize your chances of finding a deal/fellow game-maker.

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Might be worth posting this in the CO FS/FT thread as well to maximize your chances of finding a deal/fellow game-maker.

Good suggestion - thanks.

#100 7 years ago

We know it is no small task to get your games ready and muscle them to the show. We appreciate all that you do to make OUR COMMUNITY'S Rocky Mtn show special. Without our awesome community and vendor support, there would be no show. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email us or give us a call at any time. There may be some confusion on the incentives for bringing games, so we just want to clarify (we have also updated the website):

Bring two games and receive over $300 in value:
    - One complimentary 3-day general admission for every two machines;
    - Exclusive Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 10 pm - 1 am entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a Fri. or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Exclusive Bonus Play Hours on both Sat. and Sun. 9 am - 10 am entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a corresponding Sat., Sun., or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Private Special Guest Meet and Greet Fri. and Sat. (times tbd) entrance for you and one guest (guest must have a corresponding Fri., Sat. or 3-day general admission ticket);
    -Exclusive Bring-a-Game Pins and Pins Party -- catered lunch, drinks, free pinball and arcade games, and free bowling -- invitation for you and one guest;
    -One customized festival badge;
    -One collectible enamel festival pin (this was a surprise gift, but we are now letting you know);
    -One For Sale sign if you are seeking to sell one game (additional games for sale are $35 each);
    -Your game is entered into the Best of Show Competition (ribbons awarded)
    -Unlimited appreciation and admiration from the Colorado pinball and gamer community -- priceless.

Bring one game and receive one half-price 3-day general admission (you pay $35 for a $215 value), one entrance per event above, one For Sale sign, one festival badge, and one pin.

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-10-12/page/2?hl=richandkellie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.