(Topic ID: 154724)

2016 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown June 10-12 - Ghostbusters PREMIUM World Premiere

By dnikolich

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2016-06-10_22.00.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-11_14.30.47_(resized).jpg
    2016-06-12_10.01.30_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FULLTh_005_(resized).JPG
    20160610_111634_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    20160609_191906_(resized).jpg
    20160608_203615_(resized).jpg
    GB_Premium_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Andrew_Heighway_RMPS_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Jim_Schelberg_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 3 years ago

Clear your calendar the weekend of June 10-12, 2016, for three amazing days in Denver, Colorado, with hundreds of pinball, retro and arcade video games to play. No Quarters Needed! A truly immense variety of games and themes!

We have some fantastic guests already scheduled with even more coming soon! Come meet John Trudeau, Ben Heck, Don and Jeff from the Pinball Podcast, just to name a few.

Last year we moved to double the square footage and had well over 200 classic arcade and pinball machines as well as 30 retro consoles. This year's show is June 10-12 at the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows.

Be a part of the festival! There would be no show without the awesome classic arcade and pinball community.

We have some fantastic new incentives for bringing a game this year:
    Bring two machines and get one free 3-day admission
    Special Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 10 pm - 1 am
    Bonus Play Hours on both Sat and Sun. 9 am - 10 am
    An invitation to the yearly Bring-a-Game Pins and Pins Party

Would you like to get involved with the show? If you are interested in helping out by bringing a game, running a tournament, being a vendor, helping set up, or anything else, please let me know. More info is available at www.pinballshowdown.com

Please let me know if you have any questions and if you may be interested in bringing games to the show or anything else pinball or video game related!

Thanks,

Dan Nikolich

2016_pointer_poster_(resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Can't wait as always, got my room booked weeks ago.

#4 3 years ago

Tim, we'll see you guys in Texas next week!

#5 3 years ago

Really wish they would have kept the April dates instead of June.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Really wish they would have kept the April dates instead of June.

I'm not sure of why they changed it but some years the weather has been pretty difficult to travel in April especially for anyone driving a significant distance.

#7 3 years ago

We may drive in this year - any incentive for bringing 1 pin?

#8 3 years ago

I'm making my first trip to this show. Who knew there was a direct flight from Shreveport LA to Denver? Looking forward to it!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

We may drive in this year - any incentive for bringing 1 pin?

Do get 1/2 half on admission at the Denver show for one pin, I believe.

#11 3 years ago

I'm planning on driving this year with a trailer full of games.

#12 3 years ago

I'll more than likely be there if I can swing Friday.

Hopefully, Ghostbusters Premium or LE will be there.

#13 3 years ago

Huh?

image_(resized).jpeg

#14 3 years ago

Count me in! I already have my tickets and room!

#15 3 years ago

See you there

#16 3 years ago

Looking forward to it - the June date usually kills it for me but I can actually make it this year.

#17 3 years ago

following, already pd and booked at the marriott! my firt show.

#18 3 years ago

Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Daughter and wife have their dumb dance recital that same weekend.

#19 3 years ago

WHAT?! Dance can wait!!!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Daughter and wife have their dumb dance recital that same weekend.

ahh bummer man

#21 3 years ago

Can't wait!

#22 3 years ago

I'm planning on going. Already got the time of from work.

#23 3 years ago

It's the best weekend of the year.

Don and I are brainstorming for our live show. We're hoping to make it a little bigger and better this year. Last year we had great attendance, and we hope to repeat that.

I wish I could drive out and bring a game, but I'll need to fly. For those that haven't been to Pinball Showdown, you really should check it out. The condition of the games on the floor are excellent, the people are extremely nice, there's a strong local pinball scene, and the venue is really comfortable and nice.

#24 3 years ago

My husband and I plan on being there for one day. I'm not sure I can convince him to bring our machine, though. He used to work the video game room at NDK here, and has seem what a weekend can do to equipment.

#25 3 years ago

Game Exchange Will be there!

Looking forward to it!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

WHAT?! Dance can wait!!!

Thats what I said but the wife is not having it. I am so bummed out it's not even funny.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Switch:

Thats what I said but the wife is not having it. I am so bummed out it's not even funny.

probably similar conversations happen to every married guy that is a pinball nut...

#28 3 years ago

Is there an IFPA tourney?

#29 3 years ago

We will have an IFPA tournament. Stay tuned. We are currently making some changes to our traditional tournament format. We will be posting details on our website at www.pinballshowdown.com/events

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm still coming if JJ comes.

I'm still planning on dropping by your booth and hassling you every hour or so.

#32 3 years ago

How could he not? If he doesn't come we don't get to play true classic games like Hardbody, Miami Heat, and Raven.

Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm still coming if JJ comes.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How could he not? If he doesn't come we don't get to play true classic games like Hardbody, Miami Heat, and Raven.

Ha I bring other stuff too!

JJ

Ps we all know I'm in! I even got a hotel room this year

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I'm still planning on dropping by your booth and hassling you every hour or so.

Good, I look forward to discussing the 30 mods for Ghostbusters.

#35 3 years ago

Gerry Stellenberg of Multimorphic will be speaking at the 2016 show. They will also have their awesome Lexy Lightspeed as well as their new games available for everyone to check out.

Gerry_Stellenberg_2016_(resized).jpg

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

Gerry Stellenberg of Multimorphic will be speaking at the 2016 show. They will also have their awesome Lexy Lightspeed as well as their new games available for everyone to check out.

Nice!!

#37 3 years ago

Are you bringing a game or games to this year's show? Confirm your game by Saturday and come to the annual Pins and Pins event April 3 from 1-4pm with free bowling, free pinball, free BBQ, and your first drink provided by the Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown! Confirm your games now to info@pinballshowdown.com to get your invite.

#38 3 years ago

I'll be there. I've never been, but I am looking forward to meeting a lot of local people who share a passion for pinball. If you bring a machine, do you have to stay all three days? I'm not sure I can stay for Sunday.

1 week later
    #39 3 years ago

Come meet the Northern Colorado Ghostbusters. Come play the new Ghostbusters pinball, meet real live Ghostbusters, and see the Ghostbusters ride, ECTO-1.

ghostbusters-pinball-stern_(resized).jpg

#40 3 years ago

canoncitypb: If you bring games to the show, we do require that they not leave until Sunday at the end of the show. We would love to have you be a part of the show. We have some awesome new incentives for bringing games this year.

Bring two machines and get one free 3-day admission
    Special Bring-a-Game Hours Fri. 10 pm - 1 am (1 pass for each game brought)
    Bonus Play Hours on both Sat and Sun. 9 am - 10 am
    An invitation to the yearly Bring-a-Game Pins and Pins Party

Also, everyone that has ever brought games in the past has told me that it was one of best parts of the show for them. Coming to the show set up, meeting fellow collectors who bring their games, being part of the community, and sharing their games was something they thoroughly enjoyed.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

We will have an IFPA tournament. Stay tuned. We are currently making some changes to our traditional tournament format.

Have you figured out the new tournament structure yet?

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

we do require that they not leave until Sunday at the end of the show

Thanks for the response. I will plan ahead next year so I can bring games. I see some people are bringing older games like Baffle Ball. Are older games like this allowed? Do rare bingo games count to get you in free? If I bring three games, can I get a free pass and my wife get 1/2 price?

thanks,

#43 3 years ago

Yes, older games are allowed. We have an area with just older games. Bingo games would also be welcome. Any pinball or arcade games that are on free play for the weekend count toward free passes. If you bring 3 games you would receive one free 3-day pass and one 1/2 price 3-day pass, as well as access to the limited extra bonus morning hours and bring-a-game hours Friday night for each game you bring.

Thanks!

#44 3 years ago

Seeing some bingos at the show would be really cool!

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

Yes, older games are allowed.

I've got a semi-rough Target Pool that plays well. Waiting to see my schedule closer to the date but I'm hoping to bring it. Is there a deadline for notifying you?

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Game Exchange Will be there!
    Looking forward to it!

GEX convinced us to go. See you all there!

#48 3 years ago

Couple new things for this year

Multi-state Rocky Mtn. Throwdown
    Several leagues in Denver and the surrounding states are getting together to have a friendly, multi-state league tournament at the festival. Are you going to represent in the Rocky Mtn. Throwdown?

Best of the West We challenge our neighbor states to be a part of the Colorado festival and to bring games out to the show. Choose your state's top 8-10 games to compete in a Best of the West competition. A team of one judge from each state will work together to pick winners to receive prizes and ribbons. We want to see you there Utah, New Mexico, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, Arizona ...

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from dnikolich:

Couple new things for this year
    Multi-state Rocky Mtn. Throwdown
    Several leagues in Denver and the surrounding states are getting together to have a friendly, multi-state league tournament at the festival. Are you going to represent in the Rocky Mtn. Throwdown?
    Best of the West We challenge our neighbor states to be a part of the Colorado festival and to bring games out to the show. Choose your state's top 8-10 games to compete in a Best of the West competition. A team of one judge from each state will work together to pick winners to receive prizes and ribbons. We want to see you there Utah, New Mexico, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, Arizona ...

Love this!

#50 3 years ago

It sounds like the group I am going with might have room for my custom cocktail Arkanoid on the van! I am excited already.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 275.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 24.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside