image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Arriving Wednesday night, leaving Saturday afternoon. Hope to meet some of you there. Food? Hope to find some close to the hotel. We will try to hit most of the seminars and play on the pins at night. Definitely hitting the JJP scheduled presentation (possible reveal). My wife hopes to meet some of the lady pinheads too.

seminar.pdfseminar.pdf

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I will be there friday and Saturday , bringing trilogy brewing co with me it will be serving sprecher root beer which I'm sure will be tapped out by friday night.

I'll look for you and give you some support. Will you be with the venders in the hall, in the parking lot , or ... ?

#32 7 years ago

For the autograph session at the expo, do the just sign something that gets handed out? Or can you bring things for them to sign? Like translites and such.

Hope to get there on Wednesday in time for the welcome bash. We'll go on the Stern tour on Thursday AM but probably wont go to the Stern Extravaganza for the extra bucks. We'd just be wall flowers with not knowing anyone. We'll play the pins with shorter lines then.

#36 7 years ago

Signing list is ...

Greg Freres.
Pat Lawlor.
Margaret Hudson
John Trudeau
Paul Faris
Doug Watson
Wayne Neyens
Jim Patla
Dennis Nordman
Greg Kmiec
Dave Christiansen
Ray Tanzer
Steve Ritchie
John Popadiuk

It would be nice to know all of what these guys did.

#39 7 years ago

Nice try ... These are the bands listed ... not a big fan of them ... should be Metallica ... or Aerosmith to stay current with their pins. Then it would be a sell out real quick.

LIVE IN CONCERT - Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies
LIVE IN CONCERT - Opening Act: Aly Jados
HOSTED BY: Jack Danger of Deadflip on Twitch
GARY STERN ROAST - Featuring Chicago's Favorite Magician: Magic Randy
MEET & GREET - Ernie Hudson from Ghostbusters and the voice of Ghostbusters Pinball
MEET & GREET - The Stern Pinball Product Development Team, Designers, Programmers & Artists
SWORD SWALLOWER - Sally Marvel
STROLLING MAGIC - Magic Randy
ECTO 1 - Life-size movie quality replica
BATMOBILE - Life-size 1966 replica
EXCLUSIVE MERCH - Designed by Zombie Yeti
IFPA TOURNAMENT - Hosted by Josh Sharpe
THE LATEST STERN PINBALL MACHINES - Play our latest games
SECRET GUESTS - You'll have to come and see
MULTIPLE CASH BARS
FOOD & SNACKS AVAILABLE
SURPRISE GUESTS, LIVE DJ & MORE

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

Advance registration gets you a "real" nametag, saves you some money, and speeds up the registration line.
.................David Marston

I'm waiting for the paypal payment option to finally get figured out and activated.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Skipping Stern party, didn't appeal, so everyone who's also not going, we'll have to make sure we keep Friday night interesting!

Sounds like a plan. We will be skipping the Stern party also. Sounds like a Pinside party in the works ...

1 month later
#201 7 years ago

Yuk ... going to be driving through downtown Chicago during rush hour.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Maybe you should just hang out somewhere till it's passed. Rush hour in Chicago suuuuuuucks.

Yay ... not going to rush my wife out the door this trip ... in no hurry for that. Was going to try to get there as soon as we could and eat dinner around there. Guess we should stop for dinner on the way before we hit Chicago. Any locals know the approximate time that rush hour starts to die down from a grid-lock?

#306 7 years ago

Where do people eat breakfast? $30 per person for the Westin buffet is a little pricey for someone saving for a new pinball machine.

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

My ideal show would be some new & old games to play... many vendors that sell new & used parts... CoinTaker, Marco, Pinball Resource, Pinbits, Comet & others that make mods etc. Also a big area where people could buy & sell pinball maches would be nice.
Is there a show that may be similar that's 7 hours driving distance from Fargo ND?

The VFW show in Ann Arbor, MI in May has 350+ different games kept in great shape. Many Chaperones walking around keeping an eye on things and fixing anything that needs to be fixed. Maybe only a couple that are brought in for sale, not many venders, but definitely a show to PLAY PINBALL! A different kind of show than the Chicago Expo. Might be more than 7 hours for you, but only about a 10 minute drive for me!

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I love the VFW, it's a different show. If you just want to play a ton of pinball from every era, without terrible crowds (because ticket count is controlled), absolutely a great show. Part of the fun of expo is that it's typically a show where the latest titles are revealed for the first time (as shown by JJP, Heighway, Stern, American Pinball *cough cough*), not to mention a huge homebrew section that just keeps getting bigger every year.

I agree. It was my wife & my first time at the Chicago Expo this year and we thought it was great. We went to more than half of the seminars, fit in as many parties as we could (not the Stern extravaganza though), saw many things that we "want" to buy in the vender areas, and played a little pinball in when nothing else was happening. A great time. Many thanks to all those involved in coordinating the show and seminars. In describing it to others, it was kind of the "Comic on of Pinball".

Nothing was mentioned about the Pinball Life "parties" with pins there. Anyone got pics of how that went? We want to know if we missed something good there this year. We just couldn't fit in the timing for the side trip.

To the venders ... you will still make some future sales from many people just because you were there and we got to see your products first hand. I have many things on my wish list now, besides just pins. I need a lottery ticket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-pinball-expo-trip-report?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.