By labnip

1 year ago

Stats

• 914 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 851 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

family-guy-tossing (resized).png
bertAndErnie-bath-1 (resized).png
IMG_0835 (resized).JPG
gryzz (resized).jpg
20161014_192148 (resized).jpg
20161015_002048 (resized).jpg
IMG_8179 (1) (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 920 posts in topic. You are on page 14 of 19.
#651 10 months ago

Thanks for the ColorDMD booth pic. I wanted to come meet those guys but couldn't.

#652 10 months ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#653 10 months ago

What's the attendance like this year?

Some guy on Facebook said it was down on previous years? Hard to gauge from the photos.

rd

#654 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some guy on Facebook said it was down on previous years? Hard to gauge from the photos.
rd

I was there all day yesterday and it felt less crowded. Seemed like fewer vendors in the main hall and fewer games in free play than the last two years. I could be wrong, but that's what it seemed like to me.

It's not something that can be measured, but to me, the vibe of the show seemed way better this year.

#655 10 months ago

I went last year for the first time and was disappointed with the game room and the lack of some games rumored to show that didn't make it.

Game room this year looked like a big success. Seems the new guy was really able to bring in some good games. Last year there were just a handful of DMDs.

#656 10 months ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I went last year for the first time and was disappointed with the game room and the lack of some games rumored to show that didn't make it.

Game room this year looked like a big success. Seems the new guy was really able to bring in some good games. Last year there were just a handful of DMDs.

Last year was a joke. Freeplay area was basically full of games. Someone even brought a couple spanish Taito pins (one of them was polar explorer)

#657 10 months ago

Curious if PPS announced AFMr or something else? I didn't see any pics, but could have missed in all the ones posted, and very much appreciated BTW!!

#658 10 months ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Curious if PPS announced AFMr or something else? I didn't see any pics, but could have missed in all the ones posted, and very much appreciated BTW!!

And what about Spooky?

#659 10 months ago

There weren't any Spooky or PPS/CGC presentations

#660 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Someone even brought a couple spanish Taito pins (one of them was polar explorer)

Those actually sound cool. I would have loved seeing them.

Last year, I just remember there was Congo, MM, Popeye, Apollo 13, TSPP, AFM, TAF,...and that's all I can remember. The rest were early SS or EM. I love early SS and EM but it's nice to see a mix. The lines were really long on the DMDs because there were so few. The vendor room had more for sure including an IJ that didn't work and Waterworld besides the new games.

Just from the pictures it looked like the Game room had a lot better selection.

#661 10 months ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Seriously? Lab is doing us all a favor by posting pictures at all and you are complaining that he isn't taking pictures of what you want to see?

Quoted from labnip:

hehehe.... we're buds, all's cool

Right; sorry. I was giving him sh1t because he deserves a ribbing.
He knows I was just poking him in the ribs.

#662 10 months ago

The pics of the pizza don't look as though are DEEP DISH! CMon Man! Lou Malnatis, or Giordanos Deep Dish Sausage. Not Dominos!! Cool Looking Pinball machine though!! You buy the Lou Malnatis or Giordanos Deep Dish and I will paypal you the 30$. You wont regret it, and I feel as I owe you for your thread efforts!!
Party On!!

#663 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Dunno. I'd say it's perfect.
Great access to every game & everyone.

#664 10 months ago

its been a good event but i think the games room was a bit of a let down; perhaps I had higher expectation and we had a fantastic games room at NLP back in the UK. The seminars have been fantastic.

#665 10 months ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

We're going next year for sure. Any tips on where to stay.... places to eat? How far is this from downtown Chicago?

This is our first year. We decided last min. To go to the show so we could not book the Westin. As a stroke of luck I randomly chose the Hampton inn and suites 2 miles north in Lincolnshire. Awesome hotel and it just happened to be in the parking lot of Viper Alley where Stern held their 30th anniversary bash.
We looked into visiting Downtown, but the area we wanted to walk around in was a $45 Uber ride. So we blew that off.
I would stay at Hampton again in a heartbeat if the Westin was full.

And we ate at Lou Malnaties Pizza, Super Dog and a place called Spears in the Westin parking lot. All were great.

#666 10 months ago

This thread has been officially stickied....

#667 10 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

There weren't any Spooky or PPS/CGC presentations

Spooky was at 12 today (sat)

#668 10 months ago

Brett, you ARE the man!!!...was going to take some pics, but you covered everything in spades.....really cool to meet a lot of industry legends, along w " name to face" alignment. Really some great people out there!!! Great times w some great people.

Very successful trip for me , and glad I went. Thanks to all the vendors, manufacturers etc. to make this a great opener for me ( yes, I will be at TPF now)....

ALIENLE, BM66LE ....bring it!!! Safe travels to all ( I'm firmly back on the coach, still absorbing the experience)....mark

#669 10 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This thread has been officially stickied....

Not the only thing sticky at expo

#670 10 months ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg[att=3401363,802911 captionimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg=""]

#671 10 months ago

Autograph time

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#672 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#673 10 months ago

Are there Dialed In comics scattered around? If anyone happens to snag a extra and wouldn't mind shipping me one I will pay you.

#674 10 months ago

Haven't seen extra comics out.
Flyers are out there.

#675 10 months ago

Bat signal at expo location

image (resized).jpg

#676 10 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Right; sorry. I was giving him sh1t because he deserves a ribbing.
He knows I was just poking him in the ribs.

No worries. Sorry, its hard to discern the playful ribbing from the obnoxious bitching on Pinside. I don't know if its gotten worse or I've just become less tolerant of it. Regardless, carry on! This thread in particular has been super fun to follow. Thanks again Labnip!

#677 10 months ago

#678 10 months ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

No worries. Sorry, its hard to discern the playful ribbing from the obnoxious bitching on Pinside. I don't know if its gotten worse or I've just become less tolerant of it. Regardless, carry on! This thread in particular has been super fun to follow. Thanks again Labnip!

We're all douchebags

#679 10 months ago

Let's book our wedding at the hotel where they have the massive pinball event...
Said nobody

#680 10 months ago
Quoted from labnip:

Haven't seen extra comics out.
Flyers are out there.

Thanks for looking Really cool of you to post all these pics...wish I was there but glad at least you chronicled a lot of it!

#681 10 months ago

Folks are getting back in party mode again here

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#682 10 months ago
Quoted from labnip:

Let's book our wedding at the hotel where they have the massive pinball event...
Said nobody

Actually, that would be an ingenious "mistake" to make. Some pinhead may have scored himself the best wedding venue of the year.

#683 10 months ago

Here we go again
image (resized).jpg

#684 10 months ago
Quoted from labnip:

Said nobody

First or second Expo at the Westin had a wedding reception in the current seminar room. It was great. The hotel hung floor to ceiling curtains in the corridor to block the view of the pin heads and tournament machines.

#685 10 months ago

For anyone who attended the Spooky presentation: what did they talk about? Was there a Rob Zombie machine to play?

#686 10 months ago

Ok, got phone plugged in, about to drop hammer on pinside hard drive

#687 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg

#688 10 months ago

Nicely catered midnight party

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#689 10 months ago

When in Rome...image (resized).jpg

#690 10 months ago

Dog tired image (resized).jpg

#691 10 months ago

If you've asked any questions on this thread, and I missed them, I'll go back through and look. It's been non-stop-go while here

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#692 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#693 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#694 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#695 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#696 10 months ago

thanks for posting some photos of project pins - nice work guys

#697 10 months ago

Ok, I never really watched Buffy the vampire slayer, but this pin is insane awesome. Playfield is unbelievable.

#698 10 months ago

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#699 10 months ago

This was the cool

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#700 10 months ago

Picked up new speaker set for MMRLE

Wife will get a kick out of that (not)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
There are 920 posts in topic. You are on page 14 of 19.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 302 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.