Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by orykzinyo
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5557_(resized).jpg
    13325634_10154873602653222_4221124503396119180_n_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185417_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0440_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0435_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0437_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0441_(resized).JPG
    pshow_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg
    pshow_hercules_(resized).jpg
    pshow_big_lebowski_(resized).jpg
    pshow_nitro_booth_(resized).jpg
    pshow_iron_maiden_(resized).jpg
    truck_of_games_(resized).jpg
    NitroGlobetrotters2_(resized).JPG
    NitroGlobetrotters_(resized).JPG
    dans_games_(resized).jpg
    There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 7 years ago

No ColorDMD, they never come, which is a shame because they'd make a ton of money off our 3,000 attendees. I think people in other parts of the country don't realize how big this show is, how many collectors there are here, and how many people come. Until they visit

As far as I know, no Invisiglass or PDI glass. Vendors hate hauling that stuff because it's so heavy, only Gene would do that every year. The vendor list is almost set, I'm hoping they let me post it in the next day or two.

#152 7 years ago

People have been asking about beers and booze near the venue, this is my two cents, but I'd love more input!

1. The Swiss - Old school Tacoma bar with liquor, good beer selection, good pub grub, big space. Sometimes have bands and cover Friday and Saturday night, but even then you can drink in the front of house without paying cover.
    2. The Harmon Brewery - Local craft brew chain, higher end pub food and lots of good beers.
    3. Rock Wood Fired Pizza - Cheesy rock'n'roll theme on everything, crazy drinks in buckets with shovels (I saw Todd MacCulloch put down two and he was pretty drunky funny), their own microbrews, pretty decent pizza.

All three of these places usually have a bunch of people from the show in them since they are all within about 3 blocks, often some of the speakers and vendors are drinking at them. Anyone else have some hot spots downtown?

If you don't mind driving 5-10 minutes I like:
    1. Eleven Eleven - Old school dive bar with killer sandwiches and a bit of a punk and metal feel to it. Strong drinks.
    2. The Red Hot - Best beer selection in town for craft beers, especially smaller Northwest breweries. A bunch of good and weird fancy hot dogs. My buddies own this place, it's pretty popular.
    3. The Valley - Sports bar with great food specials and strong drinks.

Godot put together a pretty thorough Google map of bars and restaurants around the area, he lives in Tacoma and I trust him on his food tastes. This is also linked off the show website: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zj3JwNq6m6s4.k6m0Bsewip7M

#153 7 years ago

3. The Rock - Wood Fire Pizza... I've never been to the one in Tacoma, but have been to 3 others. My wife and I love it. When family visits from out of state, it's often the first choice. Good beer, very good pizza and we like rock music
    Didn't realize there was one in Tacoma. Most of the places you mentioned sound good either way.

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I think people in other parts of the country don't realize how big this show is, how many collectors there are here, and how many people come. Until they visit

Kinda disagree - I really wanted to do a west coast show this year but it just didn't work out. Highest on my list are PAGG and NW because both have great reputations and I really want to experience them. I'm confident I can be a vendor at the distant end of a plane ride because I've set up at TPF twice. Early this year (late March) I scoured airline options (via Kayak.com) trying to put something together (schedule and price) but just couldn't make it work. There just aren't that many direct DC to Seattle flights and connecting flights add enough time that I would need to burn additional vacation from the real job on both ends of the trip. Forward looking, from my optic NW's timing is better that PAGG because it kinda splits the gap between Allentown and Pintastic whereas PAGG is right after Allentown (2 shows in 2 weeks isn't going to sell well at home). I think I'll get out there some day.. I'm pulling for 2017!

Anyway, while everybody is having a great pinball weekend they should know there are plenty of us who "wish we were there"! We know you guys have a great show; I'll shop the travel earlier next year in hopes I can make it work...

-Rob
    -visit me at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I think I'll get out there some day.. I'm pulling for 2017!

2017 will be our 10 year anniversary and planning is already rolling for it, it will be the one you want to hit!

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

People have been asking about beers and booze near the venue, this is my two cents, but I'd love more input!
    1. The Swiss - Old school Tacoma bar with liquor, good beer selection, good pub grub, big space. Sometimes have bands and cover Friday and Saturday night, but even then you can drink in the front of house without paying cover.
    2. The Harmon Brewery - Local craft brew chain, higher end pub food and lots of good beers.
    3. Rock Wood Fired Pizza - Cheesy rock'n'roll theme on everything, crazy drinks in buckets with shovels (I saw Todd MacCulloch put down two and he was pretty drunky funny), their own microbrews, pretty decent pizza.
    All three of these places usually have a bunch of people from the show in them since they are all within about 3 blocks, often some of the speakers and vendors are drinking at them. Anyone else have some hot spots downtown?
    If you don't mind driving 5-10 minutes I like:
    1. Eleven Eleven - Old school dive bar with killer sandwiches and a bit of a punk and metal feel to it. Strong drinks.
    2. The Red Hot - Best beer selection in town for craft beers, especially smaller Northwest breweries. A bunch of good and weird fancy hot dogs. My buddies own this place, it's pretty popular.
    3. The Valley - Sports bar with great food specials and strong drinks.
    Godot put together a pretty thorough Google map of bars and restaurants around the area, he lives in Tacoma and I trust him on his food tastes. This is also linked off the show website: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zj3JwNq6m6s4.k6m0Bsewip7M

I can personally attest to Harmon Brewery as being a worthwhile nearby establishment to check out. Great beer, food, and ambiance!

http://www.harmonbrewingco.com/harmon

Also - if you're into great BBQ, I highly recommend the Warthog in nearby Fife off of I-5. You'll need to drive, but not far and well worth the effort!

http://warthogbbq.com/#sthash.TmgjE1XV.dpbs

#157 7 years ago

Will anyone be burning/selling EPROMs? I need a Whitestar U7 Bootflash to upgrade my sound OS.

#158 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

No ColorDMD, they never come, which is a shame because they'd make a ton of money off our 3,000 attendees. I think people in other parts of the country don't realize how big this show is, how many collectors there are here, and how many people come. Until they visit
    As far as I know, no Invisiglass or PDI glass. Vendors hate hauling that stuff because it's so heavy, only Gene would do that every year. The vendor list is almost set, I'm hoping they let me post it in the next day or two.

They are always sold out so they don't care lol. They just put their free advertising on people's games who bought their product

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

3. The Rock - Wood Fire Pizza... I've never been to the one in Tacoma, but have been to 3 others. My wife and I love it. When family visits from out of state, it's often the first choice. Good beer, very good pizza and we like rock music
    Didn't realize there was one in Tacoma. Most of the places you mentioned sound good either way.

Ask Humph about the buckets......

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Will anyone be burning/selling EPROMs? I need a Whitestar U7 Bootflash to upgrade my sound OS.

You might want to hit up Rob Anthony/Locked When Lit ahead of time, he will have a booth at the show.

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'll try to remember to bring one of these for you. A reminder thur morning would help.

#162 7 years ago

JP will be selling standard pinball glass at the show, he put up a Craigslist ad for it today, you can contact him through it if you want to preorder it:

New standard tempered pinball glass 21 x 43, $30 each or 2 for $55
    New widebody tempered pinball glass 23 3/4 x 43, $38 each or 2 for $70
    Also wide body for older Williams games $38 each or 2 for $70
    New glass for Bally games with lift up frame 21 x41 1/2 $30 each or 2 for $55

Plusa lot of used glass free for the taking, all 3 sizes and a few off ones
    seattle.craigslist.org link

#163 7 years ago

Important upcoming show deadlines--

Final day for online ticket sales: This Friday!
    Final day to submit self-transport games: This Saturday!
    Final day to volunteer for the show online: Next Wednesday!
    Final day to admit you are awesome for bringing your games, volunteering your time, and helping promote the show: Never! You all will remain awesome for a long time!!!

#164 7 years ago

For those that like insanely large and slow pinball games, Seattle Pinball Museum is once again loaning the show an Atari Hercules! It's great for betting high score on!

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Ask Humph about the buckets......

Buckets ... buckets ... buckets
    3 was my limit & never again

#166 7 years ago

I've got a Pinbot I'm looking to trade. Can bring to the show....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35228

#167 7 years ago

Anyone selling NVRAM at the show, I have a Jurassic Park and PotO that need some?

#168 7 years ago

I will be there with my son and Mom. Really looking forward to the show as it looks to be a killer line up after what was a bit of a let off last year from shows past. Love the head phone idea by the way, we'll definitely do that! Maybe I can even convince my Mom to get a Ghostbusters.

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Anyone selling NVRAM at the show, I have a Jurassic Park and PotO that need some?

The guys from Pinball classics will be there and running some show specials.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anypin-nvram-battery-eliminator-show-special

#171 7 years ago

Hi all. I'm presenting a seminar at 12:30 Saturday. I'm the warm up act for Dwight and Nolan. 'Fun is Hard' is organized around the notion of working with startup game companies (which I have done a lot). Some of them are still in business (30 years) and some are gone. I created a 51 second trailer for the presentation

2016 is a big year for me. 10 years as a freelancer. If everything goes to plan as many as five machines (I'm counting SMVE) with David Thiel audio will be manufactured this year from four manufacturers.

I will be at NWPAS Friday and Saturday so say hello.

ddt

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from daudioguy:

Hi all. I'm presenting a seminar at 12:30 Saturday. I'm the warm up act for Dwight and Nolan. 'Fun is Hard' is organized around the notion of working with startup game companies (which I have done a lot). Some of them are still in business (30 years) and some are gone. I created a 51 second trailer for the presentation
    » YouTube video
    2016 is a big year for me. 10 years as a freelancer. If everything goes to plan as many as five machines (I'm counting SMVE) with David Thiel audio will be manufactured this year from four manufacturers.
    I will be at NWPAS Friday and Saturday so say hello.
    ddt

Congrats David, I love your work.

Is the seminar being streamed or being made available in another way?

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRulez:

Is the seminar being streamed or being made available in another way?

I asked and depending on staffing on the day it might be. I'd go to the NWPAS site at 12:00PM PST and see if they leave any breadcrumbs to the stream. Maybe someone from NWPAS will post the streaming link here in this topic (hint).

However I will have a couple of video streams of the seminar on the day and within a week after I will post an edited version of the seminar on YouTube. So watch this space, I will post a link once it is available.

ddt

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from daudioguy:

I asked and depending on staffing on the day it might be. I'd go to the NWPAS site at 12:00PM PST and see if they leave any breadcrumbs to the stream. Maybe someone from NWPAS will post the streaming link here in this topic (hint).
    However I will have a couple of video streams of the seminar on the day and within a week after I will post an edited version of the seminar on YouTube. So watch this space, I will post a link once it is available.
    ddt

For sure all the seminars will be streaming live and also uploaded to watch later. Also live streaming of the tournaments. I'll put up the links in this thread when I have them or you can go directly to our live stream page: http://nwpinballshow.com/live-stream

#175 7 years ago

Here's what I think is the current vendor list for the show:

Chronos Gifts
    Fast Pinball
    Gambit's Cards and Hobbies
    GreenCod Apps
    Hills of Comics
    Jeff Stern
    Living Computer Museum
    Lock When Lit
    Marco Specialties
    Moto's Glass
    Nitro Amusements
    NHM Media
    Pinball Bulbs
    Pink Gorilla Games
    Quality Fun
    Red Floor Arcade
    Retro Revolution
    Rich Brothers/Black Dog Pinball
    Seattle Pinball Museum
    Sweetgyrl Designs
    This Old Game

#176 7 years ago

A plea from the show's head of transportation Patty Okert:

We are going to have a record number of pinball games at the show this year and could really use all hands on deck at the end of the show Sunday at 3pm for an hour or two helping break down and wrap up pins to get the first load on the trucks!

Even if you just help breakdown 2 or 3 pins before you head home after the Ghostbusters Premium drawing, that would be huge a help and make things way easier for all the rest of the volunteers. Thanks!

#177 7 years ago

Lets keep this thread on the first page! I'm super excited about the show this year. Over 300 pins?!?!? Hell yeah!!

#178 7 years ago

There will be two pinball machines you can win through tournaments and two you can win through raffles, as well as two arcade games you can win through raffles this year. That's right, 6 people are taking home with new games as prizes from the 2016 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show!!!

The first pin you can win is this Bally Galahad pinball machine if you win the NW Pinball and Arcade Show Rookie Grand Championship Match at 2pm on Sunday! Up to four players can qualify for this one-game sudden death match, as follows:

-The Winner of Rookie Knockout Tournament (which runs from 10am-2pm Sunday)
    -Up to the top three Rookie-eligible Players who qualify for the NWPAS Circuit Match Play Event's quarter finals (Sunday 10am-2pm)

A player cannot play in both the Rookie and Nitro championship matches. If a player also qualifies for both, then they will play only in the Nitro Rising Star Championship. This is a winner-take-all match. Each of the eligible players will also receive the cash prize according to their finish in the Main or Rookie tournament.

Galahad_(resized).jpgGalahad_(resized).jpg

#179 7 years ago

My games are packed and ready to go! 4 vids, 2 of my pins, 1 other Pinsider's pin. Bride 2.0 will be in Nitro Amusement's booth, the rest on the floor!

dans_games_(resized).jpgdans_games_(resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago

Just about to wrap our prize donation for the Nitro Rising Star Championship. See you all in Tacoma!

NitroGlobetrotters_(resized).JPGNitroGlobetrotters_(resized).JPG

NitroGlobetrotters2_(resized).JPGNitroGlobetrotters2_(resized).JPG

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Quoted from markmon:

I'll try to remember to bring one of these for you. A reminder thur morning would help.

Reminder.... appreciate if you bring one...

#182 7 years ago

Wow, that Globetrotters looks fantastic!

#183 7 years ago

it sure does!!! Good job Nitro!!!

#184 7 years ago

Chuck and Matt just left my house with the truck half full, on to Terry's for more games!

truck_of_games_(resized).jpgtruck_of_games_(resized).jpg

#185 7 years ago

My wife insists that i get a hotel room to stay the night on SAT,
    so might make Sunday also.

#186 7 years ago

when is registration for tourney's? and is sign up at the front area or where raffle stuff is?

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

when is registration for tourney's? and is sign up at the front area or where raffle stuff is?

I'm not super up on the tournament stuff, but Dave has all the info on the tournament webpage and tournament FB invite. Sign up is definitely at the tournament desk and not the raffle desk. The tournament area is on the left side of room right after the massive Marco booth with a huge new Stern line up.

#188 7 years ago

Pinball Bulbs Iron Maiden one of kind is awesome, love the artwork package, lighting, music... this is one great custom pin!

pshow_iron_maiden_(resized).jpgpshow_iron_maiden_(resized).jpg

#189 7 years ago

Big Lebowski, Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and Full Throttle, all rockin' at the Nitro Amusements booth!

pshow_nitro_booth_(resized).jpgpshow_nitro_booth_(resized).jpg

#190 7 years ago

I can't wait!!!
    On a sad note it looks like Starship Fantasy isn't a vendor this year which is a bummer because I need some ramps.
    Thanks everyone for your work to make this happen!

#191 7 years ago

Starship Fantasy's rig broke down last week and he couldn't get it repaired in time for the show. I was hoping to score a bunch of stuff from him too. The show looks amazing, the floor was mostly set up and about half the vendor booths last night when I left. I should have taken more photos, but I was busy setting up and moving pins!

#192 7 years ago

pshow_big_lebowski_(resized).jpgpshow_big_lebowski_(resized).jpg

pshow_hercules_(resized).jpgpshow_hercules_(resized).jpg

pshow_ghostbusters_(resized).jpgpshow_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

#193 7 years ago

Will there be streaming on Twitch or replays of the seminars on YouTube like last year?

#194 7 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Will there be streaming on Twitch or replays of the seminars on YouTube like last year?

Quoted from nwpinball:

For sure all the seminars will be streaming live and also uploaded to watch later. Also live streaming of the tournaments. I'll put up the links in this thread when I have them or you can go directly to our live stream page: http://nwpinballshow.com/live-stream

#195 7 years ago

Yeah, live streaming of the seminars today, speakers tomorrow, tournaments, and I think Fast Pinball might be doing some live streaming stuff too.

Here's the speaker schedule:

FRIDAY, JUNE 3
    2:00-2:30pm Tech Seminar: Anatomy of a Video Game / Pinball Machine

2:30-3:00pm Tech Seminar: Schematics - How to read them!

3:30-4:00pm Tech Seminar: Atari Power Brick & A/RII Testing

4:00-4:30pm Tech Seminar: WPC CPU acid damage repair

5:00-6:00pm Pinball Development with FAST Pinball

8:00-8:30pm Tech Seminar: The Basics of CRT Monitors

8:30-9:00pm Tech Seminar: WG6100 Color Vector Monitors - Deflection Board Testing & Repair

SATURDAY JUNE 4
    12:30-1:30pm David Thiel - Pinball Sound Designer (Iron Man, Tron, Spider Man, X-Men, Family Guy, Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Hobbit )

2:00-3:00pm Dwight Sullivan - Pinball Software & Game Designer - "How To Design A Wizard Mode" (Dwight is currently a lead software engineer and senior game developer for Stern Pinball. He has worked to help design and develop pinball machines for over 20 years, starting in 1989 with Riverboat Gambler. He was part of the driving force behind many games, including Star Trek: The Next Generation, Pirates of the Caribbean, Game of Thrones, and Ghostbusters)

3:30-4:30pm Nolan Bushnell - Founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's, don’t miss your rare chance to meet and hear this industry legend! 5:00-6:00pm Jersey Jack, Butch Peel & David Thiel from Jersey Jack Pinball - “Making Pinball Great Again"

#196 7 years ago

Everyone wants to play the Big Lebowski, the line has been 10-25 people long for the first two hours of the show!

IMG_0441_(resized).JPGIMG_0441_(resized).JPG

#197 7 years ago

The Jersey Jack pins, 1 Woz and 2 Hobbits. Hobbit is so much more developed than it was last year at the show, great game! David Thiel is talking about it in the photo.

IMG_0437_(resized).JPGIMG_0437_(resized).JPG

#198 7 years ago

Two of the dollar raffle prizes. There are 3 games being raffled off, along with an X-Box or two and a couple pins you can win in tournaments.

IMG_0435_(resized).JPGIMG_0435_(resized).JPG

#199 7 years ago

Moto Glass has tons of rad pinball and arcade themed etched pint glasses. I don't think he brought enough, the Seattle crowd is hungry to buy merch, his booth is going to have barely anything left by Sunday. Love the color changing LEDs, you can see them from across the big hall.

IMG_0440_(resized).JPGIMG_0440_(resized).JPG

#200 7 years ago

How are Sundays at the show.Me and the wife both have to work Saturday when we normally go.We plan to be there when they open the doors at 9

There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-nw-pinball-arcade-show-thread/page/4?hl=sparkycommander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.