Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by orykzinyo
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5557_(resized).jpg
    13325634_10154873602653222_4221124503396119180_n_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185417_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0440_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0435_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0437_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0441_(resized).JPG
    pshow_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg
    pshow_hercules_(resized).jpg
    pshow_big_lebowski_(resized).jpg
    pshow_nitro_booth_(resized).jpg
    pshow_iron_maiden_(resized).jpg
    truck_of_games_(resized).jpg
    NitroGlobetrotters2_(resized).JPG
    NitroGlobetrotters_(resized).JPG
    dans_games_(resized).jpg
    There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 7 years ago

I just got word Heighway Games will be shipping 3 Full Throttles in for the show! For everyone waiting to try this new innovative game out, here's your chance!

Full_Throttle_(resized).jpgFull_Throttle_(resized).jpg

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

You could always reach out to Jersey Jack and let them know you want to have it at the show and see if that would bump up your shipping time. They are going to be at the show and are bringing at least one Hobbit and will be hyping it a lot, so I'm sure they would love more there.

I bought HUO so its coming NAVL

#103 7 years ago

Getting excited for the show!!!

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Looks like this shipped today. Hobbit due 6/1 so that'll be close. We have a ghost busters we will be bringing as well.

Cool! I got to play Ghost Busters in Portland this weekend. Seemed every bar we were to had one. I definitely need to spend more time with that game.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#105 7 years ago

The 3 Ghostbuster Premiums we were going to have at the show aren't going to be manufactured in time. There will be a bunch of the Pros, at least 4, and the $20 raffle will still be for a Premium, but it will have a Pro standing in for it at the show and the Premium will be shipped later to the raffle winner.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

The 3 Ghostbuster Premiums we were going to have at the show aren't going to be manufactured in time. There will be a bunch of the Pros, at least 4, and the $20 raffle will still be for a Premium, but it will have a Pro standing in for it at the show and the Premium will be shipped later to the raffle winner.

I guess the upside to that is the winner will have a NIB.

However, I was really looking forward to seeing and playing a Premium. Already played the Pro at 8-Bit.

I'll still be buying a raffle ticket

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

The guess the upside to that is the winner will have a NIB.
    However, I was really looking forward to seeing and playing a Premium. Already played the Pro at 8-Bit.
    I'll still be buying a raffle ticket

Yeah, me too! I think Stern was optimistic on their production schedule. But there are going to be a bunch of other new games you probably haven't played before or spent much time with. Right now for new pins it's looking like:
    4-5 Stern Ghostbuster Pros
    1 Dutch Pinball Big Lebowski
    1 Dutch Pinball Bride of Pinbot 2.0
    1 Rob Zombie Spooksville International
    3-4 Heighway Game's Full Throttles
    1-2 Jersey Jack Pinball's The Hobbit
    1-2 Game of Thrones
    Some really cool one off homebrew pins you've never seen before
    + a bunch of the latest Sterns

#108 7 years ago

My iron maiden will be there for all to enjoy

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My iron maiden will be there for all to enjoy

Humph, dasvis, & Otto will be giving this bitch a workout. ??

#110 7 years ago

Will distributors be offering deals on nib orders? Cash in hand!

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Humph, dasvis, & Otto will be giving this bitch a workout. ??

I'm going to put a headphone jack in it so you just can actually hear it so bring some headphones

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm going to put a headphone jack in it so you just can actually hear it so bring some headphones

I plan to have headphone jacks in all (at 75% at the moment) my games to provide the best possible experience. It's amazing what you can't hear through the cabinet and back box speakers. Bring your headphones and "jack in".

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Sweet. Thanks for the head's up.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

Will distributors be offering deals on nib orders? Cash in hand!

PM me and I can fill you in.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

I plan to have headphone jacks in all (at 75% at the moment) my games to provide the best possible experience. It's amazing what you can't hear through the cabinet and back box speakers. Bring your headphones and "jack in".

This is a great idea, I want to get around to doing this with my games. I wonder if we should add something to the Facebook show invite about bringing headphones.

#116 7 years ago

We are almost to 300 games for the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show! That means we still need more though and the deadline for submitting games is coming up quick! If you want the show to pick up your games, the submission deadline is this Saturday, May 21st! If you are self-transporting, the deadline is the following Saturday, May 28th. Submit your games today at:

http://games.nwpinballshow.com/

Thanks!

#117 7 years ago

If you are interested in playing in the pinball tournaments at the show or are already planning on it, the Facebook invite specifically for the tournaments has a lot of good info, including a slow reveal of the games that will be in the tournament bank:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/207090426346246

#118 7 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show
    June 3rd-5th, 2016
    Tacoma Convention Center

One weekend, once a year, we build the biggest arcade in the Northwest. 400 games on freeplay, speakers, tournaments, tech seminars, vendors, food, world record high score attempts, Kid’s Zone, prizes and more!

Deadlines:
    Game submissions for transportation: May 21st
    Game submissions for self transport: May 28th
    Online ticket sales end: May 27th

Show details and updates:

The 9th annual Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show will take place June 3-5 at the Tacoma Convention Center and Courtyard Marriot Hotel in Tacoma, WA. The show draws nearly 4,000 collectors, players and fans of classic coin-op games from around the world. The convention will include:

·400 pinball and arcade games on free play, with many rare and unique games, as well as the newest pinball machines on the market!

·Multiple pinball tournaments, including one of the largest regional tournaments for large cash prizes and World Pinball Player Ranking points. Also rookie, women’s, kid’s and classic’s pinball tournaments.

·Tech seminars! Learn about the inner workings of pinball and arcade games and how to repair them!

·Kid’s Zone! A large area of family friendly and kid-oriented games that will provide fun, history, teaching opportunities and kid’s tournaments.

·World Record High Score Attempts from top arcade and pinball players from around the United States!

·Free Arcade Tournament! Saturday from 12-5pm there will be a free arcade tournament for prizes!

·Vendors, artists and cool merchandise! Shop and browse pinball, arcade and game related merchandise.

·Raffles and prizes, including at least one full-sized pinball or arcade game awarded to one randomly drawn attendee every day of the show! The grand prize on Sunday is a new Stern Ghostbusters pinball game!

·Awards ceremony! The NW Pinball and Arcade Show is a non-profit event, part of the money raised from ticket sales goes to college scholarships for students planning on majoring in fields related to game design. The final day of the show we have a ceremony to award the scholarship, as well as trophies to tournament winners, and show awards for best restoration, best in show, etc.

·Special Guest speaker: Nolan Bushnell! We’ve been trying to get “Mr. Atari” to be a speaker at the show for years, this year it’s finally happening. We hope you are as excited about it as we are! Bushnell is an engineer and entrepreneur, he founded both Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's, and was named by Newsweek Magazine one of the "50 Men Who Changed America." Bushnell has started more than twenty companies and is one of the founding fathers of the video game industry.

·Special Guest speaker: David Thiel! What do pinball games like Iron Man, Tron, Spider Man, Avatar, X-Men, Family Guy, Pirates of the Caribbean and the new Hobbit and Aliens all have in common? Sound packages designed by David Thiel! He's been the master behind the music on so many great pinball and arcade games over the years and we are happy to have him speaking at this June's Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show!

·Special Guest speaker: Dwight Sullivan! - Pinball software & game designer Dwight Sullivan is currently a lead software engineer and senior game developer for Stern Pinball. He has worked to help design and develop pinball machines for over 20 years, starting in 1989 with Riverboat Gambler. He was part of the driving force behind many games, including Star Trek: The Next Generation, Pirates of the Caribbean, Game of Thrones, and Ghostbusters.

·Special Guest speakers: “Jersey” Jack Guarnieri, Butch Peel & David Thiel from Jersey Jack Pinball! The team from Jersey Jack Pinball, the new company behind The Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit pinball machines, will be giving a talk on “Making Pinball Great Again!”

·Special Guest speakers: FAST Pinball! FAST is a local company that’s helping lead the charge in the homebrewed, Do It Yourself pinball market, making hardware and developing a community for people that want to create their own pinball machine.

·The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is a completely non-profit event run by over 100 volunteers with game collections from dozens and dozens of local collectors made available for the public to see and play for the weekend.

·The non-profit also is involved in education, preservation and promotion of the hobby and awards scholarships to Washington State college students going into game related fields. We will be awarding a $5,000 scholarship during the awards ceremony to one lucky college student.

Tickets and more information at: http://nwpinballshow.com

#119 7 years ago

The game line up for Marco's booth is looking really solid, they are going to have 8 games this year:

3 Ghostbusters Pros
    Star Trek Pro
    Star Trek Premium
    Kiss Pro
    Game of Thrones Pro
    Spiderman Vault Edition

#120 7 years ago

Actually they will have 7 games, one of the Ghostbusters Pros will be at the raffle and merch desk as a stand in for the Ghostbusters Premium we will be raffling off on Sunday.

#121 7 years ago

Can't wait to play so many of these, feels like 2 years since the last one.

#122 7 years ago

We finally have a live game list up on the show website, 330 games and counting!

http://nwpinballshow.com/games

#123 7 years ago

I plan on going to the show for only one day;
    can I bring a pin with me, set it up for free play,
    but then take it back with me when I head back home?
    Website and other directives posted here imply that games
    must stay for the whole duration of the show.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I plan on going to the show for only one day;
    can I bring a pin with me, set it up for free play,
    but then take it back with me when I head back home?
    Website and other directives posted here imply that games
    must stay for the whole duration of the show.

Correct, games must be there for the duration of the show. Attendees expect to get to play all the games the whole weekend and we can't move games on and off the floor while the show is open to the public. Just come and have fun!

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Correct, games must be there for the duration of the show. Attendees expect to get to play all the games the whole weekend and we can't move games on and off the floor while the show is open to the public. Just come and have fun!

Kind of sucks for those of us who want to BUY a game, but cannot attend for the whole weekend.....

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Kind of sucks for those of us who want to BUY a game, but cannot attend for the whole weekend.....

I always attend Friday. In the past I have found games I wanted to buy early and made the deal. Pick up late Sunday after show.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I always attend Friday. In the past I have found games I wanted to buy early and made the deal. Pick up late Sunday after show.

Easy to do if you live up that way.... I am 4 hours away.

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Easy to do if you live up that way.... I am 4 hours away.

The main complaint you hear overwhelmingly from about every other show is that games get sold and yanked off the floor and by Saturday night or Sunday half the games are gone or shut down. We pride ourselves in not doing that, as well as having a fantastic team of repair techs that fix games that break during the show and get them up an running quickly. It's a great situation for 99% of the attendees, especially all the people that can only come down Sunday, the floor is still filled with games and Sunday is still a fun day to bring your whole family to the show We been very upfront about this policy for the past 9 years and pretty much everyone loves it or works with it, it's one of the things that sets our show apart and gets us lots of praise.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Well, I do plan to have fun, for one day, probably Saturday.
    Just thought since I planned on paying full admission,
    that any game that i might bring with me, might not fall under that "hostage" rule.
    Maybe at some future show, I will plan better and take advantage of the
    free transport pick up and drop off scheme the show has,
    just have to get 3 pins bulletproofed to withstand the duration of a show.
    Does that incentive, apply to games all the way down here in Salem OR.?

cheers Tom

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

cheers Tom

If so, I would add a couple of pins to the pickup in Salem.

#131 7 years ago

I am not sure what the official stance on this would be but I would think that if there was a full truck load of 30 or so games that could be staged in the Portland area it could be made to happen. The biggest issue I see is that the drivers are volunteer as well and it would add an extra day on each side to do. Probably not enough time this year but it could not hurt to add to the list of things to look at for next year. The 10th year promises to be even bigger and better.

#132 7 years ago

To those who have been before, is one day generally enough to take in all the pinball on the show floor?

#133 7 years ago

One full complete day (opening to closing) is probably enough for the pinball part of the show,
    but if you want to partake in the video and gaming aspect of the show and/or any of the tourneys
    or seminars, or catching up with old friends, then you probably need more time.
    I am more into the EMs and early Solid state pins, so one day is usually enough for me,
    that plus the fact that its a 3.5 hr drive for me each way, plus standing on my feet all day
    totally has wore me out after one day, that is all the pinball that I can manage in one weekend, in my old age.
    You will not be disappointed no matter how much time you spend at the show.

cheers Tom

#134 7 years ago

Anyone know if there will be any vendors (or collectors) at the show selling mirror blades?

I need to pick up a few sets (3 or 4) and hoping to get a deal or at least save on shipping.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Anyone know if they will be any vendors (or collectors) at the show selling mirror blades?
    I need to pick up a few sets (3 or 4) and hoping to get a deal or at least save on shipping.

We should have some.

#136 7 years ago

I'm going to have eight ball deluxe and a night rider backglass for sale there, very nice condition.

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Maybe at some future show, I will plan better and take advantage of the
    free transport pick up and drop off scheme the show has,
    just have to get 3 pins bulletproofed to withstand the duration of a show.
    cheers Tom

The trucks each do 3 runs for pick up and delivery currently, so the farthest they travel is about 1.5 hours from the venue. The Portland PAC guys arranged their own truck one year, that was pretty awesome. We are the only show in the world that provides transportation, and it's all done by volunteers, so it has it's limits, it's a heck of a lot of work.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

We should have some.

Great! I'll be stopping by your booth. Thinking I need the standard (color) mirror blades for STTNG, ID4, and Congo.

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Great! I'll be stopping by your booth. Thinking I need the standard (color) mirror blades for STTNG, ID4, and Congo.

So that's 2 Williams and a stern

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So that's 2 Williams and a stern

Yep... Sega must be the same as Stern then?

Pirates already has gold mirror blades

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We finally have a live game list up on the show website, 330 games and counting!
    http://nwpinballshow.com/games

I'll be adding two nice Gottlieb EMs to the list and self transporting as in past years. Both will be for sale too.

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

We should have some.

Should I preorder just to make sure there's enough? I am hoping to get at least 1 stern regular mirror set and a black mirror stern set as well

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'll be adding two nice Gottlieb EMs to the list and self transporting as in past years. Both will be for sale too.

Sweet! There are going to be more pins than ever before this year!

#144 7 years ago

I can have a Volcano in the show but Saturday at the latest, probably Friday.

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Should I preorder just to make sure there's enough? I am hoping to get at least 1 stern regular mirror set and a black mirror stern set as well

It couldn't hurt to at least send us a list. We will only have regular no black etc

#146 7 years ago

Speaking of Volcano, It sounds like there's a good chance that Tom Szafransky (he told me he'll be up in the area during the show and hopes to check it out) will be visiting this year's NWPAS, strange that IPDB has removed him as the designer of Volcano while just about every other pinball info site lists him as the only one. Anyone have any insight into why?

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Tom+Szafransky&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

Speaking of Volcano, It sounds like there's a good chance that Tom Szafransky (he told me he'll be up in the area during the show and hopes to check it out) will be visiting this year's NWPAS, strange that IPDB has removed him as the designer of Volcano while just about every other pinball info site lists him as the only one. Anyone have any insight into why?
    http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Tom+Szafransky&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

I would totally like to meet him and maybe have him sign my game!

#148 7 years ago

So does anyone happen to remember if ColorDMD was at any previous show and offering a show discount? Wondering if I should wait to order...

#149 7 years ago

They weren't there last year, or previous years if I remember correctly.

#150 7 years ago

Anyone selling invisiglass or PDI glass at the show?

There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-nw-pinball-arcade-show-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.