3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by orykzinyo
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5557_(resized).jpg
    13325634_10154873602653222_4221124503396119180_n_(resized).jpg
    20160604_185417_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0440_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0435_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0437_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0441_(resized).JPG
    pshow_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg
    pshow_hercules_(resized).jpg
    pshow_big_lebowski_(resized).jpg
    pshow_nitro_booth_(resized).jpg
    pshow_iron_maiden_(resized).jpg
    truck_of_games_(resized).jpg
    NitroGlobetrotters2_(resized).JPG
    NitroGlobetrotters_(resized).JPG
    dans_games_(resized).jpg

There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 3 years ago

2016_nw_pinball_show_(resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

The 2016 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show will take place June 3-5, 2016 at the Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State!

The show will feature over 400 pinball and arcade machines from the 1950s to today, tournaments, world record high score attempts, vendors, seminars, guest speakers, raffles and prizes. The show draws over 4,000 collectors, players and fans of classic coin-op games.

Show Hours
    Friday, June 3rd, 12pm-11:30pm
    Saturday, June 4th, 10am-11:30pm
    Sunday, June 5th, 9am-3pm

We are just starting the planning for the 2016 show, but confirmed details already include::

-Over 400 pinball and arcade games on free play, with many rare and unique games!
    -Pinball tournaments galore, from the big main tournament to rookie, women's, kid's and classic's pinball tournaments
    -Amazing Guest speakers, the first speaker announcements coming soon
    -Tech seminars! Learn about the inner workings of pinball and arcade games and how to repair them
    -Kid's Zone! A large area of family friendly and kid-oriented games that will provide fun, history, teaching opportunities and kid's tournaments.
    -Awards ceremony! The NW Pinball and Arcade Show is a non-profit event, part of the money raised from ticket sales goes to college scholarships for students planning on majoring in fields related to game design. The final day of the show we have a ceremony to award the scholarship, as well as trophies to tournament winners and awards like best restoration and best in show for the games people volunteered for the weekend.
    -World Record High Score Attempts from top arcade and pinball players from around the United States!
    -Vendors, artists and cool merchandise!
    -Raffles and prizes, including at least one full-sized pinball or arcade game awarded to one randomly drawn attendee every day of the show!

You've heard about this show for years. It's giant, non-profit, in a wonderful facility and constantly talked about as one of the best shows in the country. We keep all the games on the floor for the entire show, none are pulled early, we also have over a dozen techs on hand, so over 95% of the games on the floor are running, those that are not are repaired and back up in action quickly. This is the year you should come to the Seattle show! Tickets now on sale, hotels are starting to fill up, get all the details at:
    http://nwpinballshow.com

#3 3 years ago

Looking forward to it

#4 3 years ago

Can't wait!!! Missed last year so excited to be able to make it this time!

#5 3 years ago

Yesssssssss! I'm there for sure!

#6 3 years ago

I reserved my hotel room right after I got home last year. Haven't missed a year yet.

#7 3 years ago

NW Pinball & Arcade Show Guest Speaker Announcement: Nolan Bushnell

Bushnell is an engineer and entrepreneur who founded both Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's and was named by Newsweek Magazine one of the "50 Men Who Changed America." Bushnell has started more than twenty companies and is one of the founding fathers of the video game industry. We are excited to have Nolan as a guest speaker at this June's show!

Nolan_Bushnell_(resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago

I'm in! Hoping to contribute/volunteer a load of machines this year!

Attending the event? Proudly broadcast this at https://pinside.com/pinball/events/nw-pinball-arcade-show-2016 and add your "handle".

#9 3 years ago

Definitely going, and maybe even bringing a pin with me (for the first time) if at all possible

#10 3 years ago

Going to have to miss this year. My daughter graduates high school on the 4th. Looking forward to 2017.

#11 3 years ago

I'm definitely bringing my Bride of Pinbot 2.0 now that I have it all set up.

#12 3 years ago

Anyone start a bringing for sale thread yet?

#13 3 years ago

Any chance of getting an amh game for the show?

#14 3 years ago

I may opt to decide to bring one of my extra games out of storage.
    BoP, F-14, CFTBL, or T2.
    F-14 is a sample HUO prototype.

#15 3 years ago

Reserved a campsite for the weekend.. Going to be my first pinball show and I am way too excited for something 4 months away.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

Anyone start a bringing for sale thread yet?

I don't think so, that would be great tho.

#17 3 years ago

It might be a little early for a for sale thread, in the meantime you may want to check out:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/pnwpinball

2 weeks later
    #18 3 years ago

Interested in tabling and/or having a booth at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show? Our show draws nearly 4,000 visitors over the 3-day weekend and boy do they like to shop! We have a limited number of spaces and are taking reservations now!

Booths include power, WiFi, draped tables, chairs, listing as vendor in program, promotion on show website and weekend passes to the show. Booth space may be reserved by emailing Holly at vendors@nwpinballshow.com.

Options:

Size Cost Badges
    10' x 10' $200 2 included
    10' x 20' $400 3 included
    10' x 30' $600 4 included

booth_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #19 3 years ago

Tickets on sale now for the NW Pinball & Arcade Show, June 3rd-5th! Buy your tickets today and get it on your calendar!!!

You don't want to miss this fantastic once a year festival featuring over 400 pinball and arcade games on freeplay, pinball and arcade tournaments, speakers, tech seminars, vendors and the chance to win your own pinball or arcade game every day of the show!

Pricing and options: http://nwpinballshow.com/tickets

7355146102_169b4a61ea_z_(resized).jpg

#20 3 years ago

Hotel rooms are filling up for this June's NW Pinball and Arcade Show! If you are coming from out of town or are a local wishing to spend a night or two next to the venue for maximum festival action, book your room today!

Discount and booking info: http://nwpinballshow.com/hotels

Courtyard_Marriot_hotelpagephoto_(resized).jpg

#21 3 years ago

In, as usual.
    But I wish it was still in Seattle. So much more to do there!

#22 3 years ago

We've finalized the schedule for the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show Satellite Tournament Series! This is your opportunity to win your way into the show. In the months leading up to the show, a bunch of different bars and arcades will be hosting pinball tournaments, the prizes include NWPAS passes, NWPAS tournament entries and NWPAS swag! Last year over 70 people won passes through this very popular tournament series!

We'd like to thank Shorty's, Another Castle, Flip Flip Ding Ding, Lucky Liquor, 8 Bit Arcade, Olaf's, The Iron Bull and John John's for hosting this tournament series, they are all great places to play pinball!

Get all the details at: http://nwpas.wapinball.net/satellite.html

tournament_(resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

The NW Pinball & Arcade Show is completely run by volunteers, over 100 people volunteer their time and games to make this show happen. We are an official non-profit, the ticket sales go back into the show and any profit the show takes in is given away each year as scholarships to Washington State college students! We currently have a few volunteer positions we urgently need to fill for this June's NW Pinball and Arcade Show. Are you interested in helping out and getting involved? Please consider:

-Being a truck driver or a ride along navigator! These positions involve picking up games from area collectors Wednesday evening and Thursday afternoon and returning them Sunday when the show ends. We need to fill these positions for the show to happen!
    Contact Patty Okert: sdhbic@comcast.net

-Volunteer Coordinator! Position involves reading and answering volunteer emails, talking to department heads to coordinate volunteers, scheduling volunteers, helping calculate and distribute volunteer perks. Contact Byron Raynz: Byron@Raynz.com

Thanks!

#24 3 years ago

We are conducting a survey to make sure we are meeting the collector communities' needs! If you've attended past NW Pinball & Arcade Shows, especially if you've brought games to the show, please consider filling out our survey. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=VlmlqHUp95gA5WeWc7Bsng_3D_3D

#25 3 years ago

I've been to the show before, but never paid too much attention to the vendors since I didn't own any games. Now that I do, I'm thinking of saving my parts purchases until the show and support the vendors that come out. It seems we should all do this and try to attract more vendors: it seems the larger eastern, midwestern, and southern shows have way more vendor support.

Anyway, should I expect a pretty good range of parts to be available? Flipper rebuild parts, general maintenance parts, etc. Or would I be wasting my time holding off on online orders to buy here? What kind of stuff have people bought at the show?

#26 3 years ago

I'm thinking about "donating" a machine for the show, but I don't have access to transport. Who has used the show's pick-up and return transport service? What are the details? How was your experience? Also, how close do you have to be to use this? I'm in North Seattle.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I've been to the show before, but never paid too much attention to the vendors since I didn't own any games. Now that I do, I'm thinking of saving my parts purchases until the show and support the vendors that come out. It seems we should all do this and try to attract more vendors: it seems the larger eastern, midwestern, and southern shows have way more vendor support.
    Anyway, should I expect a pretty good range of parts to be available? Flipper rebuild parts, general maintenance parts, etc. Or would I be wasting my time holding off on online orders to buy here? What kind of stuff have people bought at the show?

Marcos always has a great booth at the show & usually offer free shipping on show purchases if they don't have it there.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm thinking about "donating" a machine for the show, but I don't have access to transport. Who has used the show's pick-up and return transport service? What are the details? How was your experience? Also, how close do you have to be to use this? I'm in North Seattle.

The official policy (from the transport department) is that a minimum of FOUR machines is required for pick up. If you have less than four machines you can self transport to a staging area to be picked up in bulk. If you're interested in staging area locations I can provide you with a contact to obtain that information.

Please don't let this be a discouragement to volunteering your machines. There are ways to make things work.

#29 3 years ago

Any vendors bringing Invisiglass or PDI glass to sell?

#30 3 years ago

Pin bulbs usually has a show special plus they do up your kit right there. Marco free shipping is a great deal esp for heavy items (legs).. There were no legs last year on hand but lots of random parts, cliffys, good selection of repo ramps and the led displays. Lots of smaller items like selenoids, pop yokes, flipper bats and parts for reasonable to good prices. I'd hold out and see what you can pick up

#31 3 years ago

Oh -- and Welby had a great deal on pf glass, I assume he will be there, not sure if he is bringing glass this year

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

The official policy (from the transport department) is that a minimum of FOUR machines is required for pick up. If you have less than four machines you can self transport to a staging area to be picked up in bulk. If you're interested in staging area locations I can provide you with a contact to obtain that information.
    Please don't let this be a discouragement to volunteering your machines. There are ways to make things work.

It makes sense the transport service requires several machines. It might save some confusion to put that on the site too. I'm going to see if I can borrow a truck and just take it to the show myself, since I don't have transport to a staging area anyways.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Oh -- and Welby had a great deal on pf glass, I assume he will be there, not sure if he is bringing glass this year

Oh yeah, thanks for that reminder, I could use a new pf glass or two. Will add that to my list. I also need some rubber sets. I imagine Marco will have those too?

#34 3 years ago

Rob who has the lockwhenlit booth has a ton of great parts as well. He also does certain board repairs on site and can install the nvram for you. Easily a booth to stop by several times.

We will have bulbs, kits, speaker light kits, our mini pins and more

I can bring several sets of brand new bw legs I just have from idk where.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Rob who has the lockwhenlit booth has a ton of great parts as well. He also does certain board repairs on site and can install the nvram for you. Easily a booth to stop by several times.

I seriously hope Rob's coming but I thought he was still not confirmed, has that changed?
    He's definitely a big plus to have at the show, I always buy parts from him

#36 3 years ago

The vendor list is still coming together, while we definitely have committed vendors like Pinball Bulbs and Marco, many of the vendors are still charting out their Spring/Summer show plans. I'll definitely announce all the vendors and ones you can pre-order parts from. It's always nice to not have to pay shipping costs on things like replacement ramps, legs, glass and new balls, as well as get to see products first hand like the various types of LED bulbs and lighting options

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

The vendor list is still coming together, while we definitely have committed vendors like Pinball Bulbs and Marco, many of the vendors are still charting out their Spring/Summer show plans. I'll definitely announce all the vendors and ones you can pre-order parts from. It's always nice to not have to pay shipping costs on things like replacement ramps, legs, glass and new balls, as well as get to see products first hand like the various types of LED bulbs and lighting options

That's great -- I for one would like to pick up a PDI glass at the show & also maybe another friend who is going.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

That's great -- I for one would like to pick up a PDI glass at the show & also maybe another friend who is going.

Humph, do you ever work?

#39 3 years ago

You should be on a Republican debate...

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I seriously hope Rob's coming but I thought he was still not confirmed, has that changed?
    He's definitely a big plus to have at the show, I always buy parts from him

Well, I hope he's coming at least! Always enjoy his booth and buy lots of stuff and he seems to always fix a board for us on the fly lol

#41 3 years ago

My wife and I can't wait!

We've attended the last two years and I think once 5 years ago in Seattle.

The Tacoma venue is so much nicer. We plan to attend Friday and Saturday this year, just didn't get enough the last time with only one day.

#42 3 years ago

Guest Speaker Announcement: David Thiel!
    What do Iron Man, Tron, Spider Man, Avatar, X-Men, Family Guy, Pirates Of The Caribbean and the new Hobbit pins all have in common? Sound packages designed by David Thiel. He's been the master behind the music on so many great pins and we are happy to have him speaking at this June's Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show!

David_Thiel_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #43 3 years ago

Was there a for sale / wtb bulletin board last year?

If there was, I missed it. Would like to see that again. It helped me sell a pin 2 years ago.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Was there a for sale / wtb bulletin board last year?
    If there was, I missed it. Would like to see that again. It helped me sell a pin 2 years ago.

There was! It was in the lobby area and there will be one there again. I'm sure someone will start a buy and sell thread too when the show draws closer

#46 3 years ago

Just came back from TPF and played Ghostbusters there, hopefully there'll be a few to play at NWPAS too. It was pretty awesome!

#47 3 years ago

I hope the premiums are ready by June

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Just came back from TPF and played Ghostbusters there, hopefully there'll be a few to play at NWPAS too. It was pretty awesome!

There will for sure be Ghostbusters at the show. Jerry Thompson who books our speakers, works on our program and is on our non-profit board did the sound design package for it! I'm pulling for it to be our $20 raffle pin too if we can swing it, I'd love to give one away at the close of the show on Sunday!

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

There will for sure be Ghostbusters at the show. Jerry Thompson who books our speakers, works on our program and is on our non-profit board did the sound design package for it! I'm pulling for it to be our $20 raffle pin too if we can swing it, I'd love to give one away at the close of the show on Sunday!

Count me in!.. My wife said she'd buy a raffle ticket too if it was Ghostbusters. We were disappointed that it was Whoa Nellie last year, so we didn't buy a raffle ticket. I bet there were less entries last year, better odds, just not our type of game.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

There was! It was in the lobby area and there will be one there again. I'm sure someone will start a buy and sell thread too when the show draws closer

Awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 64.00
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside