• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

carbs_(resized).jpg
Animal-House0016_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

My biggest resolution is no freaking renovation projects in the last quarter of the year, ever again. Last year we were redoing the second bath in my house. This year I've barely been on here and not touched a pin in 3 months because I bought a 'rental' house and had to gut/renovate the whole thing and move my mother-in-law in by the end of the year. So hoping to also be able to play pins again soon and try to set a standing night to play. Oh, and pay off debt and lose weight, blah blah.

(vent rant on)
It was my grandmother's house that's been in the family since 1942, but my cousin has lived there since 2001 and is a nasty hoarder and destroyed it. We had to rip out and rebuild the bathroom tub area from the studs up because she covered missing tiles with a sheet/duct tape patch job for 6 years. All the original hardwood was destroyed, and the cheap linoleum she put on top was soaked in dog pee from her having 10 dogs/cats locked in the house at any given time. I mean, I've got 6 dogs and other critters, but I don't allow them to destroy things. Everything we did took 3 times longer than it should because she half-ass did it. When she had central heat put in they just cut holes in the tile ceiling and glued the vent on, so when I went to switch the rusted vent to a new one, we found we had to rebuild the ceiling first. When we installed new counters and sink in the kitchen, we found the drain was higher than the plumbing and had to redo everything plus fix the rotten floor from the plumbing leaking for years since it doesn't work uphill. It took me over a month to get her crap out, and I had to use a shovel to scoop up the piles of junk she left behind once we closed. I work full time, so just on nights/weekend we put in over 350 hours since mid Nov. I haven't had a full day off work or that house since before Halloween, which is why I haven't been here unless I had extra time at work, and still have to finish up a few things tomorrow that we were waiting on parts for. Hoping to be able to go nowhere and sleep in on Sat and Sun, and maybe play pinball.
(rant off)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-new-years-resolutions?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.