Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Expletive
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

carbs_(resized).jpg
Animal-House0016_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Wondering what resolutions people are making for 2016? Pinball related or otherwise. I have bailed out on my MMRLE after waiting 2 years for it so my resolution is to grow my collection by one title. Something I will enjoy more than MMR... Perhaps new or old. Also going to attend at least one large pinball event or expo. Happy New Year Everyone!!!

#2 3 years ago

Not to get mad if I don't get my Hobbit.

#3 3 years ago

play more pinball, work less. continue to embrace my new grumpy old man status.

I turned 50 2 weeks ago and in the mail today. a welcome package from aarp. they can jam it btw.

happy new year pinheads.

#4 3 years ago

Make it to a pinball show or tournament not in my region.

#5 3 years ago

Play at least one game of pinball every day.

#6 3 years ago

I am NOT going to be buying 9 additional pins in 2016 as I did this year.

This escalated rather quickly.... The hobby can be construed as a sickness by some - albeit one that those around me seem to be willing to support (perhaps tolerate is a better word).

Oh..... And I resolve to finish that damn game room (pins have taken over my house). Drywall on the outside of game room wall just got mud today.

image_(resized).jpeg

#7 3 years ago

Doctor told me I wasn't getting enough metal in my diet. I'm gonna try eating one pinball a day.

#8 3 years ago

Emasculate Kaneda at least once by January 2nd.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Emasculate Kaneda at least once by January 2nd.

Setting obtainable goals is a good thing. Looking forward to watching.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Wondering what resolutions people are making for 2016? Pinball related or otherwise. I have bailed out on my MMRLE after waiting 2 years for it so my resolution is to grow my collection by one title. Something I will enjoy more than MMR... Perhaps new or old. Also going to attend at least one large pinball event or expo. Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Looking at your collection you have similar taste to me. Yes, AFM and MM are missing from the cookie cutter collection. And they are great games. White Water and Creech are way up on my list just above those. Make sure you give them a good go.

#11 3 years ago

I did pretty well with my 2015 resolutions. Hope to do the same with the 2016 pinball related ones as well.

Here are a couple of mine for the new year, will add a couple more in the next day or two.

1. Have enough pins in collection to actually host a local league night or event.
2. Attend 30 or less events/ leagues like in 2015. Since I cut back last year I found myself having way more fun at events attended.
3. Buy 2nd NIB game
4. This is a real stretch, Have a unboxing event for my Hobbit arrival.
5. Learn to fix / repair EM machines.

Additional points:
6. Improve play on Dirty Harry (WM's). %$#@&@$$@

#12 3 years ago

Only been into this for a year so my resolution would be to convert the basement into a game room (the wife is all for it) and then add a couple of games to restore. The restoration part provides a feeling of accomplishment.

#13 3 years ago

I have 2 dead project pins and a bowler right now. If I fix them before taking on any more projects, 2016 will be a success.

#14 3 years ago

Finish all the projects I started in 2015

#15 3 years ago

My biggest resolution is no freaking renovation projects in the last quarter of the year, ever again. Last year we were redoing the second bath in my house. This year I've barely been on here and not touched a pin in 3 months because I bought a 'rental' house and had to gut/renovate the whole thing and move my mother-in-law in by the end of the year. So hoping to also be able to play pins again soon and try to set a standing night to play. Oh, and pay off debt and lose weight, blah blah.

(vent rant on)
It was my grandmother's house that's been in the family since 1942, but my cousin has lived there since 2001 and is a nasty hoarder and destroyed it. We had to rip out and rebuild the bathroom tub area from the studs up because she covered missing tiles with a sheet/duct tape patch job for 6 years. All the original hardwood was destroyed, and the cheap linoleum she put on top was soaked in dog pee from her having 10 dogs/cats locked in the house at any given time. I mean, I've got 6 dogs and other critters, but I don't allow them to destroy things. Everything we did took 3 times longer than it should because she half-ass did it. When she had central heat put in they just cut holes in the tile ceiling and glued the vent on, so when I went to switch the rusted vent to a new one, we found we had to rebuild the ceiling first. When we installed new counters and sink in the kitchen, we found the drain was higher than the plumbing and had to redo everything plus fix the rotten floor from the plumbing leaking for years since it doesn't work uphill. It took me over a month to get her crap out, and I had to use a shovel to scoop up the piles of junk she left behind once we closed. I work full time, so just on nights/weekend we put in over 350 hours since mid Nov. I haven't had a full day off work or that house since before Halloween, which is why I haven't been here unless I had extra time at work, and still have to finish up a few things tomorrow that we were waiting on parts for. Hoping to be able to go nowhere and sleep in on Sat and Sun, and maybe play pinball.
(rant off)

#16 3 years ago

Also going to install at least half the mods I have sitting on the floor of my office...

#17 3 years ago

I vow to be just as perfect in 2016 as I was in 2015.

I'm off to a good start.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I vow to be just as perfect in 2016 as I was in 2015.
I'm off to a good start.

You are supposed to set you goals higher. This is not limbo.

#19 3 years ago

I plan on doing the same stuff I've been doing for years with no changes. If it works, it don't need fixing.

Happy New Year!!!

#20 3 years ago

Hey...I get the strange feeling that with Taxman, Odie, and me all being on here, the only people on Pinside right now are the losers who weren't invited to any parties tonight. We're kinda like these guys:

Animal-House0016_(resized).jpeg

#21 3 years ago

It's 5 pm on the west coast brother. The parties don't start for another few hours. But we're ready!

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's 5 pm on the west coast brother. The parties don't start for another few hours. But we're ready!

I've heard about you...I just figured you would have started in the AM.

#23 3 years ago

hey, Sidney, Omar, and Jugdish. my old frat brothers.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just figured you would have started in the AM.

I would have, but I do have a job so I was there all day. But not any more until Monday. So tomorrow AM is definitely a possibility. And the two AMs after that.

#25 3 years ago

Less carbs
Finish the house projects
Get rid of MAME
Less carbs
Fix Pins
Have spawn
Start rotating in new pins since I can never afford anything again
Less carbs

#26 3 years ago

Hmmmmm...

carbs_(resized).jpg

#27 3 years ago

I wish. None of them in the Subaru

EDIT: in house work I should have put "Finish gluing the 8000+ pennies to the wall. And people wonder why there's no time for pinball.

#28 3 years ago

#1.To stop have sellers remorse the day, week, month after a pin leaves and to look forward to the next purchase. Move on man!
#2. To finally find a tspp that's not overpriced by $1000.
#3. Finish renovations on the basement so I can have more then 2 or 3 games at a time.
#4. Stop complaining when I miss out on buying a game by 5 minutes. (More my wife's complaint)

Happy New Years everyone

#29 3 years ago

Doesn't standing, moving your fingers and reaching for a swig of beer count as exercise?

#31 3 years ago

Plays the games I have
Worry less about the games i don't have

#32 3 years ago

I've got to aquire a nice wood rail pin.

#33 3 years ago

Have a blast at the Texas Pinball Festival and get a Buck Rogers

#34 3 years ago

Me too. Just need to pull the trigger. Then there will be plenty of time for pinball and restorations. Restorations - My retirement "job".

#35 3 years ago

My resolution is to do a better job of convincing friends not to pre-order pinball machines. I know people who preordered Predator, TBL, Zombie Adventure and Hobbit. Money was paid years ago but none of them have their pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 9.10

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside