Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg
    Ricky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4811 (resized).JPG
    16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg
    IFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpg
    Fargo Marge (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170122_104214 (resized).jpg
    LA_IFPA_SCS_trophy-24Jan2017 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

This will be Utah's first year for the SCS. Seems like we're going to see a few new states in the mix. Our event is going to be held at a private location, so we'll have full control over the machines. I'm pretty excited about the whole event. It's my first SCS event, and it looks like I should be in the 3-5th seed range depending on how points shake out from our final event for this year.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

These 40 State Championship trophies aren't going to build themselves ...

Maybe they will. Have you ever tried believing in them and given them the opportunity?

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

7th in Colorado, should get the 6th seed if Trent doesnt play here (He is qualified in a bunch of states)
    Looking forward to state in my first year of competitive pinball
    we are playing at the 1up Colfax location that has 40+ machines, no EM's tho (unless you count PBR Can Crusher)
    I was looking forward to playing it at Lyons Classic Pinball as I like the variety there and typically play EMs really well, but they switched it to 1up Colfax this year. Not a big deal, they have a ton of great, well maintained machines.

Good luck, man. You played really well at the Ghostbusters launch party. That was a lot of fun.

2 months later
    #213 7 years ago

Impossible to see the LCD display on the stream. Bummer.

Edit: Nice. They fixed it.

#232 7 years ago

The games looked rough. Kind of disappointed how obvious it was that they were leaning or had weak flippers. I talked to a few people who competed and they said that the games felt like low attention route games. Kind of a bummer.

Still, everybody played on the same games. Congrats to all who got there and to all who played to their full potential.

#240 7 years ago

Sean has eliminated me from a tournament too. He's a great player!

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpgIMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

Is the pin-masters tournament going to be streamed today?

Yep.

#258 7 years ago

I've played in tournaments with Sean. He's VERY mindful about the light. He doesn't turn it on until right before his plunge and turns it off before looking anywhere else. He plays a very head down style, so his light is contained. I've played right next to him and it didn't bother me at all. I'm more bugged by ULTRA SUPER BRIGHT EYE TORCHER FLASHER LEDs that often make their way into games these days than any light Sean has on his head.

Seriously though, play GoT once and you'll never worry about Sean's light again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-ifpa-scs-thread?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.