2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg
    Ricky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4811 (resized).JPG
    16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg
    IFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpg
    Fargo Marge (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170122_104214 (resized).jpg
    LA_IFPA_SCS_trophy-24Jan2017 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

I'm happy to say that we got Idaho on the map this year. We're working on the details now. The format is specified in the rules: single elimination for each round, based on best 4 out of 7 games, each game on different pin if possible.

#7 2 years ago

It's pretty clear to me how to determine placement for 1st through 4th. Anyone know how you're supposed to pair up players and determine 9th through 16? Those are all the people who lose their first (7-game) match. Same for the players who lose their second match, and will be ranked 5th through 8th.

Finally, does anyone how to handle a no-show? I assume someone gets a by round, but who?

#13 2 years ago

Marcus, thank you for taking the time to write all of that. It is a big help and I'll probably print it out as a reference. (An app would be ideal for this)
    How many pins do you have available, and do you have any advice for using them efficiently to keep things moving? I know the higher seeded player gets to choose pin or position. We are hoping to have 8 pins available.

My understanding is that everyone plays on Saturday Feb 11. My tournament co-director has Nat'l Guard duties that day, so we're not starting until 5pm.

1 month later
    #90 2 years ago

My daughter, 15 year old Aviana Smith won Idaho.

image (resized).jpeg

#117 2 years ago

Are there any write-ups on previous national championships, specifically which games were selected? There is a lot of first-timer excitement happening at my house. We're wondering if EM games might be used, if ball-saves are turned on or off, tilt settings, etc..

btw there was an article about the Idaho finals on the Idaho Statesman newspaper webpage - http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article132303289.html.

#119 2 years ago

Awesome - thank you for that link

#158 2 years ago

We are flying in on Wednesday, and staying at one of the Marriotts near the freeway close to the Fun Billiards place. Does anyone know where we can squeeze in some pinball near there before or after? Pinball Map shows nothing in Mesquite. The expo thing at the convention center doesn't look that tempting either really. So, what is there to do nearby? Anyone local want to show us their private collection? I'll return the favor if you come to Boise.

#164 2 years ago

The games - are extra balls allowed to be played, or are they typically turned off or not allowed?
    The venue - is there a spectator area with monitors? Can people come in and watch for free?

TV news story for Idaho & Aviana last night. http://www.kivitv.com/news/idahos-pinball-wizard-is-heading-to-a-national-competition

1 week later
    #172 2 years ago

We are planning to go to Nickelrama on Wednesday afternoon (March 15). Would love to meet up with other players.

Dwayne & Aviana

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 11.95
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boise_D.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside