Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg
    Ricky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4811 (resized).JPG
    16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg
    IFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpg
    Fargo Marge (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170122_104214 (resized).jpg
    LA_IFPA_SCS_trophy-24Jan2017 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #202 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what time do matches start?

No idea. Haha I just have my phone set to ping me when the stream starts.

#203 7 years ago

Good luck to all those playing at Nationals today.

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No idea. Haha I just have my phone set to ping me when the stream starts.

cool.

you should bump here once your phone pings you

I dont have a phone to do that, lol

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

cool.

10-4

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

cool.

+1

I'm SO not going to be productive today. I would wait to watch it on youtube but I don't know if they will post it or not.

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

+1
    I'm SO not going to be productive today. I would wait to watch it on youtube but I don't know if they will post it or not.

dont worry

everyone else at work is doing NCAA stuff

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

cool.

If you follow the channel on twitch (free, subscription costs) you can get an email when they go live. Regardless of phone.

#209 7 years ago

Apparently there is uncertainty on where it will be streamed from. Follow this too:

https://www.twitch.tv/ifpapinballtv

#210 7 years ago

Game time!!!

#211 7 years ago

bat city is streaming now. Josh is talking

#213 7 years ago

Impossible to see the LCD display on the stream. Bummer.

Edit: Nice. They fixed it.

#214 7 years ago

Go, Iceman! Represent!

#216 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

any updates?
    That bracket has not moved all day and no twitch at work.

The bracket on the ifpapinball.com home page is a little more active.

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

The bracket on the ifpapinball.com home page is a little more active.

thanks

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

any updates?
    That bracket has not moved all day and no twitch at work.

I was thinking the same thing and hard to tell what is going on by just popping in on the twitch feed every so often.

Hoping for Brian Shepard and Tommy Skinner to go far, but looks like they would have to meet early if that were the case.

Also rooting for that CrazyLevi SOB too. haha.

Also, I do not know Zoe V, but like her on the podcast she does with Jack Danger, so shes my pick for the Women's bracket.

EDIT: well shit. there went all my horses but Levi in one check in of the bracket. haha.

#219 7 years ago

Looks like the "IceMan" from Utah melted in match two (Love ya, Mike)... but interesting competition still going on.

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hoping for Brian Shepard...

Couldn't get passed Michigan

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's only because he ain't a true KY hillbilly

#222 7 years ago

Helena is now a proud Coloradoan moving on to the semis of the Womens and Donavan won his first match so far. go CO!

#223 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Brian seems to be taking it well

Ricky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpgRicky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpg

#224 7 years ago

Dave Daluga in round 3, Maya in the semifinals of the womens tourney - On Wisconsin!

#225 7 years ago

Great setup and quality!
    But...

My favorite commentary highlights from this hour are...
    Nom Nom Nom What-A-Burger Nom Nom Extra Ball,
    Nom Nom Nom Surp Nom Nom Player 2,
    Nom Nom Nom Nom Surp.

#226 7 years ago

Peacock making Round 4...way to represent Michigan man; well played.

#227 7 years ago

Final 4: Zach Sharpe Vs Cryss Stephens
    and
    Eric Stone Vs Kevin Birrell

#228 7 years ago

Finals: Eric Stone Vs Zach Sharpe

#229 7 years ago

I went out in the first round, losing to a guy with a flashlight strapped to his head. My humiliation knows no bounds.

#231 7 years ago

Eric Stone 20-1.

#232 7 years ago

The games looked rough. Kind of disappointed how obvious it was that they were leaning or had weak flippers. I talked to a few people who competed and they said that the games felt like low attention route games. Kind of a bummer.

Still, everybody played on the same games. Congrats to all who got there and to all who played to their full potential.

#233 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Final 4: Zach Sharpe Vs Cryss Stephens
    and
    Eric Stone Vs Kevin Birrell

Final 4:
    #1 seed Zach Sharpe (IL) Vs #4 seed Cryss Stephens (PA)
    and
    #22 seed Eric Stone (FL) Vs #2 seed Kevin Birrell (OR)

Quoted from HighProtein:

Finals: Eric Stone Vs Zach Sharpe

Quoted from HighProtein:

Eric Stone Wins!

#234 7 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Eric Stone 20-1.

This is insane. I didn't know much about Eric, but if you sort by Rating of Eff %, he's 14th in the world.

#235 7 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I went out in the first round, losing to a guy with a flashlight strapped to his head. My humiliation knows no bounds.

The guy uses a head lamp to help him see/ play better.

Do you make fun of the guys wearing headphones to help them play better. What about the guys wearing gloves.

He beat you 4-1, maybe you should ask Sean for a few pointers next time rather than making fun of him online.
    I only point this out as on the stream I also heard the female commentator also refer to him as "the guy with a headlamp" in a condescending way. Pretty sad to see in a sport where we are all a bunch of nerds in a niche hobby with odd quirks, that even those lucky enough to compete on the national stage, make fun of their fellow competitors behind there backs on a live stream and then online.

Sean is a really fun and nice guy, if you can look beyond the headlamp (seriously, ask him to turn it off when he talks to you, it is blinding )

#236 7 years ago

I ain't making fun of him. I was the one who was humiliated. And yeah, I talked with Sean. he was otherwise a nice guy and beat me fair and square. I just thought the headlamp was ridiculous and I stand by it.

#237 7 years ago

Unfortunate there isn't a video saved yet. I couldn't watch it all live, so I had to come here to get spoiled.

Hopefully they'll get a video posted so we can see how it played out.

#238 7 years ago

A fantastic pinball clinic was put on display last night. A real nail biter as I was routing for Eric Stone all the way. Stayed up until the very end and then the phone rang. It was Eric: "Can you believe it man!?" I said "Yup. Knew you could do it." (Talked with him earlier in the day giving him a pep talk about the games he was about to war on with some pinball greats. Kind of like Rocky and his manager.)
    He and I have been buds ever since we played in a Funspot NH Classic pinball tournament many years ago. He was only known to the locals of that arcade as an ace pinball player. So much so that over the years, they have kicked him out numerous times for winning too many free games and putting up his initials EVERYWHERE! Even the arcades a few miles away down at Weirs beach boardwalk arcades. They even reset the high scores just to take his name off of the games. Which of course next time he was at the machine he would just put up another big whopper of a score and there goes his name back in at the #1 spot. =)

For the past several years I told him he has the talent to compete Nationally as his play is in the same league as KME, The Sharps, Bowen and the rest of the top 10. He finally acquiesced and started playing in leagues and tourneys about a year ago. Now look what he has accomplished! =)

CONGRATULATIONS ERIC!

He'll be at this years Pintastic in Sturbridge MA in early July. I think he'll be playing in that tourney too.

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from aobrien5:

Unfortunate there isn't a video saved yet. I couldn't watch it all live, so I had to come here to get spoiled.
    Hopefully they'll get a video posted so we can see how it played out.

#239 7 years ago

Eric is an amazing talent. He kicked our butts down here in Florida. Glad to see him crush it in the Nationals. Congrats Eric!

#240 7 years ago

Sean has eliminated me from a tournament too. He's a great player!

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpgIMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Great setup and quality!
    But...
    My favorite commentary highlights from this hour are...
    Nom Nom Nom What-A-Burger Nom Nom Extra Ball,
    Nom Nom Nom Surp Nom Nom Player 2,
    Nom Nom Nom Nom Surp.

Yeah sorry man but 3 hour shift in the booth makes a man hungry.

You all better hope I can up my game a little or I'm gonna retire full time to the studio. And I'm gonna get bob to admit to a peyote adventure of self-discovery in the desert.

#242 7 years ago

Is the pin-masters tournament going to be streamed today?

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

Is the pin-masters tournament going to be streamed today?

Yep.

#244 7 years ago

I saw that Eric got to put his name as one of the top 3 highs on CSI during the tourney yesterday.

Reminding me that the arcades he frequented as a youth (and even today when he goes back to NH for the summer) made it regular practice to reset the high scores just to take his name off of the games. Which of course next time he was at the machine he would just put up another big whopper of a score and there goes his name back in at the #1 spot(s). =)

-Dave (Doc)

#246 7 years ago

Should run all day from 1pm-? Today and tomorrow with finals Sunday morning.

#247 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

. I talked to a few people who competed and they said that the games felt like low attention route games.

Par for the course for games that FUN sells... caveat emptor.

Quoted from Whysnow:The guy uses a head lamp to help him see/ play better.

Do you make fun of the guys wearing headphones to help them play better. What about the guys wearing gloves.

No, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to play NEXT to someone doing that... talk about distracting as hell! Imagine also the guy forgets to turn the stupid thing off, turns around and you're right behind him and get blindsided, literally, just as you're having to play? Things like coaching aren't allowed in most tournaments, why should that be? Can I start demanding that I need the glass removed in order to be able to see the playfield better, or that other competitors need to be wearing glasses because I do? Where does it stop?

Seems totally ludicrous. Unless the guy REQUIRES that getup to be able to see, I wouldn't allow that in any tournament I run.

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The guy uses a head lamp to help him see/ play better.

First off, I think this should catch on for the mopst of Pinside so people don;t have to put stupid strips of LEDs all over their games because they are blind

Quoted from Frax:

No, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to play NEXT to someone doing that... talk about distracting as hell! Imagine also the guy forgets to turn the stupid thing off, turns around and you're right behind him and get blindsided, literally, just as you're having to play?

too true.

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

No, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to play NEXT to someone doing that... talk about distracting as hell! Imagine also the guy forgets to turn the stupid thing off, turns around and you're right behind him and get blindsided, literally, just as you're having to play? Things like coaching aren't allowed in most tournaments, why should that be? Can I start demanding that I need the glass removed in order to be able to see the playfield better, or that other competitors need to be wearing glasses because I do? Where does it stop?
    Seems totally ludicrous. Unless the guy REQUIRES that getup to be able to see, I wouldn't allow that in any tournament I run.

I don't think you should be able to wear glasses. That is down right cheating.

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-ifpa-scs-thread/page/5?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.