By SHOOTTHEPYRAMID

4 months ago

Stats

• Started 4 months ago
  • 261 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by Frax

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg
Ricky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpg
IMG_4811 (resized).JPG
16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg
IFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpg
Fargo Marge (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170122_104214 (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 261 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 71 days ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

It is a retail Billiards & Game store in Mesquite Texas.
    The website for the place is http://pinballandmore.com/
    It is not a public arcade where players can visit and play for hours unsupervised.
    It's primary focus is selling Pinball, Arcade and Billiards to the public.
    They do have a massive collection of games.
    Marcus

Thanks alot! Now i can start actually planning my trip.

#152 71 days ago

What day and time is the tourney?
    Is it a day or two before TPF? A week before?
    Nice to have it in my home state but still need to plan a bit.

#153 71 days ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

What day and time is the tourney?
    Is it a day or two before TPF? A week before?
    Nice to have it in my home state but still need to plan a bit.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/nationals/

#154 71 days ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/nationals/

Thanks for the link.
    I see now it is a week before.
    Easy for us to drive back to Dallas the next week for TPF, but I can see where others would need a lot of air and hotel time to do both.

#155 71 days ago

HAHA Congrats Peacock for winning Michigan; great job dude!

#156 71 days ago

Wait the IFPA tourney page said the event was at the Dallas convention center?!

#157 71 days ago

Well rereading the page in question looks like I was wrong and booked a hotel in downtown Dallas

https://www.ifpapinball.com/2017-ifpa-nationalswomenspin-masters-championships-head-to-dallas/

A little confusing since the main nationals page didn't talk about location and the article above mentions convention center first

#158 70 days ago

We are flying in on Wednesday, and staying at one of the Marriotts near the freeway close to the Fun Billiards place. Does anyone know where we can squeeze in some pinball near there before or after? Pinball Map shows nothing in Mesquite. The expo thing at the convention center doesn't look that tempting either really. So, what is there to do nearby? Anyone local want to show us their private collection? I'll return the favor if you come to Boise.

#159 70 days ago

This looks promising:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/679-nickelrama-garland-dallas-tx-united-states

A bit north of Billiards and game store, but sound like they got some well maintained machines.

I even saw something on the website that said "free pinball wed night till 10??.."

http://www.nickelrama.com/

Might be a place for the state champs to meetup and practice??

#160 70 days ago

There's gonna be plenty of pinball at the competition - I plan on hunting down quality BBQ (of which there is none in NYC) in my free time.

#161 70 days ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

Anyone local want to show us their private collection?

I'd love to meet some out of state people. We live in Richardson at 635/75. I have Metallica, Crescendo, Farfalla, Xenon, or there's Nickelrama in Garland which has every major stern release from the last few years minus avengers.

#162 69 days ago

Edit - was thinking of a different game.

#163 69 days ago

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/pinball-wizards/Content?oid=3611517

Story on the Utah 2016 IFPA championship (alert: J. Sharpe)

#164 69 days ago

The games - are extra balls allowed to be played, or are they typically turned off or not allowed?
    The venue - is there a spectator area with monitors? Can people come in and watch for free?

TV news story for Idaho & Aviana last night. http://www.kivitv.com/news/idahos-pinball-wizard-is-heading-to-a-national-competition

#165 69 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's gonna be plenty of pinball at the competition - I plan on hunting down quality BBQ (of which there is none in NYC) in my free time.

Not BBQ but if you want a Texas atmosphere and a great burger I like Rodeo Goat.

#166 69 days ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Not BBQ but if you want a Texas atmosphere and a great burger I like Rodeo Goat.

I'm searching for brisket and ribs my friend!

#167 69 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm searching for brisket and ribs my friend!

Had some badass brisket in Fort Worth when I was there for work. It's like 30-40 mins from Dallas though.

#168 68 days ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

is there a spectator area with monitors

Assume no. I don't know how much rearranging FUN is going to do or where the games will be, but they've had one or two Stern launch parties at their place, and with 30-40 people it gets crowded. It's a retail showroom, not an arcade. Will probably be more manageable than what I remember because when they did those, they had all their games in front turned on and playable so there was a LOT of people moving from game to game complicating things.

I really wouldn't expect any kind of recording rigs or monitors. Nobody in D/FW has that stuff and unless they've got someone from Austin coming up with all of it, or IFPA is bringing something... FUN has security cameras?

*edit* I can compare to PHOF, since I was there this year... It won't feel as "cramped" as Vegas, but overall it's a smaller space from my perception, and things like pool tables take up a lot of floor room. I think it will feel more open than PHOF for the players, for anyone that's been there, just not obviously all the tons of games for spectators to play and wander around in.....I wanted to drop in Thurs/Fri night just to check it out since I'm local, but might not depending on what the setup is. I don't want to get in the way. :\

#169 68 days ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I really wouldn't expect any kind of recording rigs or monitors. Nobody in D/FW has that stuff and unless they've got someone from Austin coming up with all of it, or IFPA is bringing something...

https://www.gofundme.com/ifpa-scspinmasters-streaming-gear

#170 68 days ago

I recorded the Ohio State Championship finals and will be getting commentary done for it, and then will have it edited and uploaded in the coming weeks.

For anyone craving some on-camera pinball action in this downtime before Nationals and PAPA you can check out Ohio's finals from LAST YEAR (which took me an entire year to get edited :p ). Anyways here's the link for that - » YouTube video

1 week later
    #172 53 days ago

We are planning to go to Nickelrama on Wednesday afternoon (March 15). Would love to meet up with other players.

Dwayne & Aviana

#173 53 days ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

We are planning to go to Nickelrama on Wednesday afternoon (March 15). Would love to meet up with other players.
    Dwayne & Aviana

I'm off work on Wednesdays, and we typically have league night on wednesdays....dunno if we can efficiently handle a lot of extra players, or if finals will fall on that wednesday yet... @xerico ?

They just got Aerosmith.

#174 51 days ago

What is the deal with 2017 IFPA SCS standings not being updated and results not posted for state championships for NH, RI, & UT?
    Just curious.

Will be interesting to see how Natls plays out later this month.

#175 51 days ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What is the deal with 2017 IFPA SCS standings not being updated and results not posted for state championships for NH, RI, & UT?
    Just curious.
    Will be interesting to see how Natls plays out later this month.

NH and RI are both part of the NEw England Pinball League, so those standings have to be updated manually (versus the other states that automatically update based in the State ID code). Once I receive a list of events to add for those states from the State Rep I'll get it updated.

As for Utah ... No clue, let me investigate this one. (Looks like the results from the state championship haven't been submitted yet, so there aren't any results for Utah which is why it's blank)

#177 50 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There you go.
    http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/pinball-wizards/Content?oid=3611517
    Super white backgrounds in Utah eh?

Turns out there may have been a submission glitch. Apparently it was corrected now.

#178 50 days ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm off work on Wednesdays, and we typically have league night on wednesdays....dunno if we can efficiently handle a lot of extra players, or if finals will fall on that wednesday yet... xerico ?
    They just got Aerosmith.

IFPA 3 Strike Tournament this Wednesday March 8, 2017.
    League finals on Wednesday March 15, 2017.

But I will check to see if I can move the March 8th event to March 15th to accommodate players for Nationals.

Marcus

#179 50 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Super white backgrounds in Utah eh?

I guessed that the backgrounds were removed to prevent hints of what the host's house looks like (or maybe a view out a window). The article mentioned that the host didn't want his last name printed to reduce the threat of theft.

1 week later
    #180 43 days ago

Anyone know if this is going to be streamed? We will be showing it at the cafe Thursday if it is.

#181 43 days ago

anyone know how/where to see the final standings for 2016 SCS.

my link on my PC auto updated to the 2017 standings, but I wanted to go back and look at some stats from previous WI SCS years (# of players, # of events, # of points to qualify, etc...). Yes I am a nerd.

#182 43 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone know how/where to see the final standings for 2016 SCS.

my link on my PC auto updated to the 2017 standings, but I wanted to go back and look at some stats from previous WI SCS years (# of players, # of events, # of points to qualify, etc...). Yes I am a nerd.

Just created a temp custom rankings for you Hilton:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/custom_view.php?id=20

Remember that any changes made post lock of the 2016 season would now be included in these totals. For example any player merges, or results corrections, etc.

#183 43 days ago

Thanks

For posterity:
    WI 2016
    121 events
    #1 seed was 226 points
    #16 seed was 84 points
    473 unique players

most events played by a single qualifier = 58
    least events played by a single qualifier = 8 (but did not attend; 25 for an attendee)

curious how 2015 and 2014 and 2013 size up

#184 43 days ago

Same URL updated for 2015 . . . go nerd out!

#185 43 days ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Same URL updated for 2015 . . . go nerd out!

#186 43 days ago

sweet (thanks fellow data nerd)

WI 2015
    112 events
    #1 seed was 201 points
    #16 seed was 62 points (37 points actually got you in at 16th)
    447 unique players

most events played by a single qualifier = 51
    least events played by a single qualifier = 2 (but did not attend; 15 for an attendee)

#187 43 days ago

Updated for 2014 . . .

#188 43 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

most events played by a single qualifier = 58

More than one a week. Whoa baby. I'd have weekly tournaments here if I had any confidence more than 5 people would show up. Haha

#189 43 days ago

WI 2014
    73 events
    #1 seed was 147 points
    #16 seed was 36 points (20 points actually got you in at 16th)
    325 unique players

most events played by a single qualifier = 47
    least events played by a single qualifier = 2 (but did not attend; 12 for an attendee)

#190 43 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

More than one a week. Whoa baby. I'd have weekly tournaments here if I had any confidence more than 5 people would show up. Haha

gotta start somewhere. I have found that if you do it (and make it fun) then they will come.

#191 43 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta start somewhere. I have found that if you do it (and make it fun) then they will come.

And get a location to do it. Haha. I would have weeklies at my house but I'm afraid my wife would murder me. She already is amazingly supportive of this sickness, but that would do me in I think. Haha

Expecting a location in NKY to open up this summer/fall then we will be off to the races.

#192 43 days ago

2013 is up . . .

#193 43 days ago

WI 2013
    19 events
    #1 seed was 88 points
    #16 seed was 15 points (12? points actually got you in at 16th)
    193 unique players

most events played by a single qualifier = 15
    least events played by a single qualifier = 1 (but did not attend; 2 for an attendee)

#194 43 days ago

well that was fun!

thx Josh

pretty amazing.
    In 2013: you could hypothetically play 1 event and qualify. 88 points would give you the #1 seed. Only 19 events in total.
    In 2017: you would likely need at minimum 10 events to qualify. 100 points will be near the final top 16 cutoff. I predict ~140 events in WI this year.

#195 43 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

In 2013: you could hypothetically play 1 event and qualify.

This is still the case in KY. Louisville has a regular scene now (weeklies and a monthly). Hoping to add NKY to the mix. at least 2 per month to start, then maybe weeklies eventually.

hoping to have around 100 events per year for KY when we get NKY to catch up to what Louisville is doing.

#196 43 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is still the case in KY. Louisville has a regular scene now (weeklies and a monthly). Hoping to add NKY to the mix. at least 2 per month to start, then maybe weeklies eventually.
    hoping to have around 100 events per year for KY when we get NKY to catch up to what Louisville is doing.

just gotta do it my friend!

Seriously! Let me know if you need tips and help. Find one location with room for 4 games. That is all you need. Effort and inertia will take it from there!

Serious, pm me your # and I will call and lets chat.

#197 41 days ago

I'm not there yet but a friend sent a pic.

I guess iceman has arrived at FUN!

IMG_4811 (resized).JPG

#198 41 days ago

Anyone know where the brackets would be loaded to? Waiting for the stream to start but would also like to watch the standings. Best of luck to those playing.

#199 41 days ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Anyone know where the brackets would be loaded to? Waiting for the stream to start but would also like to watch the standings. Best of luck to those playing.

Do you have a link for the stream?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Apparel - Men
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 55.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 71.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 224.99
    $ 89.00
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.00
    $ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinbology
    There are 261 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.