Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170218_205732 (resized).jpg
    Ricky-Gervais-001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4811 (resized).JPG
    16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg
    IFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpg
    Fargo Marge (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170122_104214 (resized).jpg
    LA_IFPA_SCS_trophy-24Jan2017 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And you really should use Sean "The Storm" Grant's full name! I'm pretty sure that's on his driver's license.

Then he should register at IFPA like that. https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?player_id=18

Top of page re-list:

Alabama - Alex Huffman
    Arizona
    California - Tim Hansen
    Colorado - Donavan Stepp
    Connecticut - Jerry Bernard
    District of Columbia
    Florida - Eric Stone
    Georgia - Derek Miazga
    Iowa
    Idaho - Aviana Smith
    Illinois - Zach Sharpe
    Indiana - Tommy Skinner
    Kansas - David Ziegler
    Kentucky - Brian Shepard
    Louisiana - Preston Moncla
    Massachusetts - Mitch Curtis
    Maryland - Justin Day
    Maine - Michael Haycock
    Michigan - Adam Peacock
    Minnesota
    Missouri - Chris Basler
    Nebraska
    New Hampshire - Leslie Kozloski
    New Jersey - Jason Zahler
    Nevada - Sean Stewart
    New York - Sean Grant
    North Carolina - Levi Nayman
    North Dakota - Dan Stephney
    Ohio - Don Johnson
    Oklahoma
    Oregon - Kevin Birell
    Pennsylvania - Cryss Stephens
    Rhode Island - Domenic Nardini
    South Carolina - Trent Augenstein
    Texas - Colin MacAlpine
    Utah - Mike Lund
    Virginia - Austin Mackert
    Vermont - Steve Daniels
    Washington - Chris Chinn
    Wisconsin - David Daluga
    West Virginia

#102 7 years ago

Eric Stone Florida
    Don Johnson Ohio

#103 7 years ago

California Tim Hansen
    MA confirmed Mitch Curtis

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

California Tim Hansen
    MA confirmed Mitch Curtis

I thought I saw on Facebook last night Mitch had won. But I could not find the post this afternoon.

#106 7 years ago

Dan Stephney won North Dakota..........Marge sadly had to work and couldn't compete....

IFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpgIFPA ND state champion Dan Stephney (resized).jpg
    Fargo Marge (resized).jpgFargo Marge (resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillPinball:

Dan Stephney won North Dakota..........Marge sadly had to work and couldn't compete....

North Dakota is not registered on IFPA as having a state championship.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/champseries/?year=2017&s=ND

#108 7 years ago

Nevada was Sean Stewart

#109 7 years ago

I do know that if Marge would have been there, she would have beat me.

So do i get to play Zach then? Lol.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

North Dakota is not registered on IFPA as having a state championship.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/champseries/?year=2017&s=ND

There's a bug in our system because nobody in ND was actually "rated", the custom ranking wouldn't show up.

We had the list on our admin version of the page.

#111 7 years ago

Top four Rhode Island
    1. Dominic Nardini
    2. Ed Giardina (me)
    3. Justin Blair
    4. Jeffrey Bondorew

Dom and his wife are having a baby next month so he can't travel for nationals. I'm available and would travel to represent Rhode Island

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

There's a bug in our system because nobody in ND was actually "rated", the custom ranking wouldn't show up.
    We had the list on our admin version of the page.

Funny stuff. Also FYI. "North Carolina" is not in Alphabetical order.

#113 7 years ago

Donavan Stepp won Colorado after surviving game 7 in both the quarterfinals and the semifinals.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Damnit!!!! Lol

#115 7 years ago

Also, the Providence Journal had a great writeup of our state finals
    http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20170211/ri-pinball-championships-draw-wizards-to-west-greenwich

#116 7 years ago

question for anyone who knows the answer:

after our first round of play there was consolation rounds, will those effect our ranking or no? for example, will the rankings show that josh henderson was ninth and i was tenth and so forth, or is everyone who lost in the first round tied for 9-16th? may sound like a silly question, but there are some errors in the way our scores were entered and just wanted to clear things up. Thanks in advance!!

#117 7 years ago

Are there any write-ups on previous national championships, specifically which games were selected? There is a lot of first-timer excitement happening at my house. We're wondering if EM games might be used, if ball-saves are turned on or off, tilt settings, etc..

btw there was an article about the Idaho finals on the Idaho Statesman newspaper webpage - http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article132303289.html.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

Are there any write-ups on previous national championships, specifically which games were selected? There is a lot of first-timer excitement happening at my house. We're wondering if EM games might be used, if ball-saves are turned on or off, tilt settings, etc..
    btw there was an article about the Idaho finals on the Idaho Statesman newspaper webpage - http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article132303289.html.

Here's the tentative game list:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/pinmasters/games/

While only 9 will be used for IFPA Pin-Masters, all 12 will be available for Nationals.

Congrats to Aviana!

#119 7 years ago

Awesome - thank you for that link

#120 7 years ago

Congrats to Tommy for winning IN.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

after our first round of play there was consolation rounds, will those effect our ranking or no? for example, will the rankings show that josh henderson was ninth and i was tenth and so forth, or is everyone who lost in the first round tied for 9-16th? may sound like a silly question, but there are some errors in the way our scores were entered and just wanted to clear things up. Thanks in advance!!

If you played it out, then the rankings submitted should reflect that.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

I will be submitting scores for Texas with the consolation rounds determining the finals standings.

So there will not be ties for the TX SCS.

Everyone will be ranked 9th-16th based on the consolation round results. (First round losers)

Everyone will be ranked 5th-8th (second round losers)

Everyone will be ranked 1st-4th. (Final four)

Marcus

#124 7 years ago

The Zach PR Agency has been KILLIN IT this year with press. Anyone interested in checking out the coverage, we put it all in one nice place here:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/scs/media2017/

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

The Zach PR Agency has been KILLIN IT this year with press. Anyone interested in checking out the coverage, we put it all in one nice place here:
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/scs/media2017/

nice

#126 7 years ago

OMG, Josh Sharpe swears??

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

This is rather funny. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, from looking at how the states are organized on the Registr Status pg, I see how they are organized.
    I believe they are in alphabetical order per the 2-letter state abbreviations, and not the fully spelled out state names listed.

#128 7 years ago

Just missing Arizona and Saskatchewan

ALABAMA Alex Huffman
    ARIZONA
    CALIFORNIA Tim Hansen
    COLORADO Donavan Stepp
    CONNECTICUT Jerry Bernard
    FLORIDA Eric Stone
    GEORGIA Derek Miazga
    IDAHO Aviana Smith
    ILLINOIS Zach Sharpe
    INDIANA Tommy Skinner
    IOWA Dan Cubit
    KANSAS David Ziegler
    KENTUCKY Brian Shepherd
    LOUISIANA Preston Moncla
    MAINE Michael Haycock
    MARYLAND Justin Day
    MASSACHUSETS Mitch Curtis
    MICHIGAN Adam Peacock
    MINNESOTA Fred Richardson
    MISSOURI Chris Basler
    NEBRASKA Garrison Garza
    NEVADA Sean Stewart
    NEW HAMPSHIRE Leslie Kozloski
    NEW JERSEY Jason Zahler
    NEW YORK Sean Grant
    NORTH CAROLINA Levi Nayman
    NORTH DAKOTA Dan Stephney
    OHIO Don Johnson
    OKLAHOMA Brett Emerson
    OREGON Kevin Birrell
    PENNSYLVANIA Cryss Stephens
    RHODE ISLAND Dominic Nardini
    SOUTH CAROLINA Trent Augenstein
    TEXAS Colin MacAlpine
    UTAH Mike Lund
    VERMONT Steve Daniels
    VIRGINIA Austin Mackert
    WASHINGTON Chris Chinn
    WEST VIRGINIA Aaron Metz
    WISCONSIN David Daluga

WASHINGTON DC Fil Baird

QUEBEC Adam Kiesler
    BRITISH COLUMBIA Chad Bruhaug
    NOVA SCOTIA Andrew Harper
    ONTARIO Adam Becker
    SASKATCHEWAN
    ALBERTA Derek Thomson

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Here's the tentative game list:
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournament_pages/pinmasters/games/
    While only 9 will be used for IFPA Pin-Masters, all 12 will be available for Nationals.
    Congrats to Aviana!

lol, 1 Stern and it is CSI.

Is nationals all about testing your knowledge of obscure or crappy games?

Is this list a joke and the real list gets published later?
    GTB Flip A Card
    Bally Monte Carlo
    WMS Big Deal
    WMS Gorgar
    Bally Lost World
    GTB Cleopatra
    WMS Whirlwind
    Bally Elvira
    WMS Road Kings
    Capcom Pinball Magic
    WMS Flintstones
    Stern CSI

edit: to add for those that dont know my taste in games/sarcasm. This is an awesome list from my perspective (could use some premiers, but that is another discussion), I am just amazed to see such a well rounded list which does not rely heavily on Sternament games. It will test the skill and strategy (lock stealing on some) of players, but also make for tough play to more junior players that done have experience or the ability to experience any of these games very often.

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

GTB Flip A Card
    Bally Monte Carlo
    WMS Big Deal
    WMS Gorgar
    Bally Lost World
    GTB Cleopatra
    WMS Whirlwind
    Bally Elvira
    WMS Road Kings
    Capcom Pinball Magic
    WMS Flintstones
    Stern CSI

I was really hoping for more premiers.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

All of dallas eliminated in round 1.....you guys sure know how to motivate me to take no prisoners this year and get back in..
    *Edit* I love that a guy who consistently claims he doesn't play well took out Josh Henderson. LOL...Texas: Where pro players come to die.

Guilty as charged. I normally choke under pressure but was playing fairly well this weekend. It was an absolute honor playing with someone of his caliber. Very nice guy and I learned a ton from watching him (ball control was amazing). I had a couple good breaks and he had a couple bad breaks. Colin then brought me back down to reality and beat me 4 games to 2. Overall, for my first SCS I was thrilled to wind up 5th

Congrats Colin for the win!

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

GTB Flip A Card
    Bally Monte Carlo
    WMS Big Deal
    WMS Gorgar
    Bally Lost World
    GTB Cleopatra
    WMS Whirlwind
    Bally Elvira
    WMS Road Kings
    Capcom Pinball Magic
    WMS Flintstones
    Stern CSI

edit: to add for those that dont know my taste in games/sarcasm. This is an awesome list from my perspective (could use some premiers, but that is another discussion), I am just amazed to see such a well rounded list which does not rely heavily on Sternament games. It will test the skill and strategy (lock stealing on some) of players, but also make for tough play to more junior players that done have experience or the ability to experience any of these games very often.

In the history of the Nationals, our initial TENTATIVE game list has been at most 30% accurate. It's far more likely this list represents what won't be used by the time we get out there to play test and prep for the tournament.

We always give our host the ability to pick whatever games they feel will run the best for us that weekend (Pin-Masters and Women's Championship as well). Our only stipulation is the 12 games span all eras, preferably 2 from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's if possible.

This year there's an added wrinkle of game selection! For those that are worried about any of the games, this is the first tournament where a player has the full authority to veto a game pick!!! All games listed are currently for sale at FUN! and since we are using their inventory for the tournament, that inventory can change at any time based on what gets sold. So don't like a game . . . BUY IT . . . it'll be off the tournament game list that way

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

. So don't like a game . . . BUY IT . . . it'll be off the tournament game list that way

haha thats some next level strategy right there. How bout, also, buy it and trade in the game from your collection youre the best at lol

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I offered up my personal Metallica months ago... I live like 5 miles from the place.

#135 7 years ago

Will McKinney won Arizona.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I thought I saw on Facebook last night Mitch had won. But I could not find the post this afternoon.

I won?! Hell yeah! See you punks in Texas!

16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg16602682_1507572205927901_4718444041947920290_n (resized).jpg

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I
    This year there's an added wrinkle of game selection! For those that are worried about any of the games, this is the first tournament where a player has the full authority to veto a game pick!!!

How is the "veto" power going to work? One veto per round? Veto power every game in a match?

Marcus

#138 7 years ago

I'll just throw this out there...if anyone is eligible for Nationals and wants to come but doesn't want to pay for a hotel, I could theoretically let someone couchsurf for a few days. Assuming my schedule doesn't change I will be off work on Thursday March 16th anyways.

Quoted from Xerico:

How is the "veto" power going to work? One veto per round? Veto power every game in a match?
    Marcus

You didn't read the rest of his post, did you?

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You didn't read the rest of his post, did you?

LOL that's the first thing I thought

Marcus - the games are currently FOR SALE. If I go in tomorrow and offer Craig $8995 for the CSI . . . that CSI isn't going to be in Nationals anymore because it'll be in my basement

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Marcus - the games are currently FOR SALE. If I go in tomorrow and offer Craig $8995 for the CSI . . . that CSI isn't going to be in Nationals anymore because it'll be in my basement

You should buy it. Last time I was there I played it basically the entire time....it was easily the best playing game in the whole place by about a million miles other than the WWE or whatever it was that they were having a launch party for. Found out I actually kind of like CSI...centrifuge is fun.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You should buy it. Last time I was there I played it basically the entire time....it was easily the best playing game in the whole place by about a million miles other than the WWE or whatever it was that they were having a launch party for. Found out I actually kind of like CSI...centrifuge is fun.

That explains a lot because I told Craig I far prefer game QUALITY over game title. We just want games to use that will be rock solid for us.

Do you know him well enough to reach out regarding Metallica? Not having any games from the 10's decade is probably something I would have brought up with him by the time we arrived. If we can bank on your Metallica that would be an easy one to 'check that box'

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Bring a wad of cash and negotiate a purchase when you are down after ball 2 on any game, lol.

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Doh! Didn't put two and two together. Still recouping from this weekend. (that's my excuse anyway)

Marcus

#144 7 years ago

Is that considered a major malfunction?

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Bring a wad of cash and negotiate a purchase when you are down after ball 2 on any game, lol.

LOL love it. Can your opponent then offer an extra $1000 to buy it first, and agree to "pick it up" after the tournament is over?

#146 7 years ago

This was all an ellaborate ruse to sell more games for higher prices... I knew it!

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Do you know him well enough to reach out regarding Metallica?

Um, honestly.. Craig and I don't get along, and I will not speak to him for any reason given the choice. I have him blocked both here and on facebook. If that means you can't use my Metallica, then so be it, but I have no desire to interact with him ever again. Frankly, I'm not sure when I first suggested it, that he had been hired on there yet. I'm glad the guy got a job doing something he likes, as he had lost his prior job that he had been doing for quite a while, but......yeah.

If there's just about any way around it other than me talking directly to Craig.... I've had more than enough of being berated by him in the past, thanks.

#148 7 years ago

Does anyone know the venue in Dallas this is going to be at?

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bakko:

http://pinballandmore.com/

If you've ever seen the games for sale on ebay, with the stair and black/white checkerboard floor, that's the guy. It's FUN!

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bakko:

It is a retail Billiards & Game store in Mesquite Texas.

The website for the place is http://pinballandmore.com/

It is not a public arcade where players can visit and play for hours unsupervised.
    It's primary focus is selling Pinball, Arcade and Billiards to the public.

They do have a massive collection of games.

Marcus

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-ifpa-scs-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.