Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 308 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SunKing
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8931 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8932 (resized).JPG
    WP_20161112_18_01_30_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20161112_16_35_17_Pro (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    WP_20161111_18_39_28_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20161111_18_38_54_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20161111_18_33_26_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20161111_18_38_35_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20161111_18_38_28_Pro (resized).jpg
    WP_20161111_17_54_01_Pro (resized).jpg
    IMG_2311 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2316 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2315 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2314 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 7 years ago

Tie fighter pilots!

WP_20161112_16_35_17_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20161112_16_35_17_Pro (resized).jpg

#302 7 years ago

Imho, best original costume. I love that game.

WP_20161112_18_01_30_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20161112_18_01_30_Pro (resized).jpg

#303 7 years ago

Agreed...love some Burger Time

#304 7 years ago

Whew! What a fun weekend. Time for breakfast, breakdown and the short(compared to TPF) drive home. See y'all next year! Thanks to everyone involved for a great show.

#305 7 years ago

Kids 12 and under tournament winners. Players were seen cradling, drop catching and post passing. They put up a round of 4 on whirlwind beating the scores of many adult players earlier in the day.

IMG_8932 (resized).JPGIMG_8932 (resized).JPG

IMG_8931 (resized).JPGIMG_8931 (resized).JPG

#306 7 years ago

Now that I'm home safe and sound with my Star Trek LE... I gotta say; I'm disappointed. Seriously.
    My voice and throat are killing me.
    The music and DJ got to go at this show. It's too loud. We can't enjoy ourselves because of the yelling in each other's ears. Too obnoxious.

Seriously; Remove the music or turn it WAY DOWN. Everyone I yelled at in the show was tired of the yelling... tired of the music... tired of crappy PA speakers.

Keith; I know this is your party... and you like to party. But please take this very seriously. The best thing TPF did was to remove the music... Please consider removing it from your event; or at least limiting to a very specific time - clearly posted when those times will be.

#307 7 years ago

It's funny that I read this because I felt the same way. I was a professional club and dance event DJ for 20 years (humbly stating) and I can mention that there is a thing called listener fatigue. If the music is blaring then people will get tired and annoyed then leave. That music was pretty loud but so was it the year before. Music needs to be background music and let the arcades be the sounds in the forefront.
    I really enjoyed the layout this time around. You fit more games in the main area and moved the tournament across the hall.
    I had a great time.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of Robotron and there was 4 of them. Lol

-Rev

#308 7 years ago

I had a great time, and really enjoyed partying with friends. NEXT time, I'm going to be more prepared. I took my MET Prem, but was in such a rush to get there I left my phone at home.....and even more importantly, I forgot my big Yeti tumbler! I also wanted to bring my Paragon apron for Paul Feris to sign. Oh, and I should have looked at the audits before turning on my game so I could see how many plays it got over the weekend (it stayed up non-stop and seemed to get lots of action). Oh well, even with all that, I really had a good time and look forward to next year.

Now, the tournaments are another story. If you are prepared to spend the entire time dedicated to tournament play...that's great. I was hopeful I could enjoy the tourney AND the show. On Friday, the main tourney started at 3:00. We played two rounds, and then had over an hour wait 'till the next two rounds. Rinse and repeat, but add in a few down machines and other misc issues to slow things down even more. There was a LOT of down time, sitting around waiting to play. At 9:30PM - that's over 6 hours - we broke for dinner and were to resume the finals round sometime after. Well, I gave up at that point. I also decided I'd rather enjoy the show on Saturday than try the tournament again. Sure, I take part of the blame because I started drinking at 2:00 Friday....but.... I have to believe someone could do a better job running the tournaments. With that said, I do want to say THANK YOU to Marcus for all his efforts. He worked hard to keep things going, and I know some of the help he was promised didn't pan out. So while I hope it is run more efficiently in the future, I still want to thank Marcus for his time and effort.

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-houston-arcade-expo-nov-11-12th/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.