Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8288 (resized).JPG
    625x465_16969796_9929199_1482008297 (resized).png
    screen-capture-2 (resized).png
    please (resized).jpg
    db_file_img_2128_600x600 (resized).jpg
    PS Logo (resized).jpg
    Kahr.us T (resized).jpg
    screen-capture-1 (resized).png
    screen-capture-1 (resized).png
    giveme (resized).png
    Logo 2 (resized).png
    50951181 (resized).jpg
    LeesParts Ad (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 11.00.56 AM (resized).png
    GIDball (resized).jpg
    tootsie roll (resized).jpg

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

I'll add those to the wish-list list again

Just asking: is it hard to create a new post instead of forcing us all to get back to the first post of the thread and check what changed? It would also be nice because it would create a historic....

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Just asking: is it hard to create a new post instead of forcing us all to get back to the first post of the thread and check what changed? It would also be nice because it would create a historic....

My way of looking at it is anyone that's already marked this topic as a favorite is part of an active list of deals for the entire Holiday Season. You only have to skim the first page as anything that's expired is fully removed & as such you aren't weeding through old expired listings that are no longer relevant. If I start keeping old sales listed for historical purposes it starts muddying up the list with expired sales for people that want to skim and kind of defeats the purpose.

As far as history, some of the list is created off what people post in this thread.. so there's still a history for any sale notices posted here. The rest of the list came from individual sales threads posted by vendors, so there's history there as well. So I think we're in pretty good shape Just my thoughts on it, open to suggestions of course if the majority of people would like to see it work differently somehow.

#153 7 years ago

Just made one more donation to Pinside myself. My first donation of $50 got hosed with some javascript error & didn't link me to Pinside+ somehow even though the transaction showed up in PP, but a 2nd donation corrects that! Glad to have this thread this year & happy to help make Pinside even better!

#154 7 years ago

thanks to the op for this thread and those that supported me in buying various items, much appreciated and I have donated 5% of sales back to Pinside.

#155 7 years ago

Thanks for Doing this!!

JJ

#156 7 years ago

Order from Titan and took advantage of the discount Sunday night. Package came today, very fast! Product looks great. Went with purple for an Addams Family.

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Order from Titan and took advantage of the discount Sunday night. Package came today, very fast! Product looks great. Went with purple for an Addams Family.

Did you buy the purple TAF kit that's in the data base?

#158 7 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

It's really nice to see Titan makes a monthly donation to Pinside. Go Titan!!

On that note -- where's the beef? Thought for sure we'd see some more vendors joining in the donation pool from the Black Friday Sales being promoted! It looks like people bought a ton of things, I know I'm still digging out of sales myself that otherwise wouldn't have happened. Looking just at the hearts, some of the vendors haven't donated for 6mo, 1yr+, 5yrs.. or ever! Even some of the larger vendors. That's a bit surprising considering all this odd-ball niche stuff we sell wouldn't have much of a market without Pinside. Honestly, what rational person is going to buy *any* of this crap if they aren't into pinball?

A donation is giving back to the community supporting your business & what you love to do. It may also help with flexibility going forward with threads like this with direct links to websites & promo codes. Let's give to get & also show we appreciate being able to have threads like this around the holidays. So again, if you saw heavier traffic/sales attributed to Pinside sales threads.. consider giving a little. Oh and did I mention.. you get the cool Pinside+ heart by your name and some extra features too if you donate enough. It's not too shabby of a deal!

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Did you buy the purple TAF kit that's in the data base?

I compared the ones on Titans site (see hyper link below) with the manual. Only dependency I saw was some kits posted had (2) 2" and (2) 2 1/2", in the manual it only called for (4) 2". I went with what was in the manual.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/4977

#160 7 years ago

Also order decals from PinGraffix for the Addams Family. They had a very good discount for the Black Friday.

#161 7 years ago

Donation sent to pinside. Best selling weekend in the books for us.

#163 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Donation sent to pinside. Best selling weekend in the books for us.

Great to see! Same for me, I rarely am *that* busy and felt giving back was in order.

I had a bit of feedback from my suggestion to donate in this thread, mostly good.. but some not-so-good. It's just a suggestion if you feel your sales would have been far less (or non-existent) and want to give back, possibly to help the odds of threads like this continuing to be allowed in the future. I don't have any idea if it'll help the case there, but it can't hurt. And if you already donated this year, or feel you've donated enough other times, or don't want to donate.. that's cool too. If I've offended anyone in those suggestions, I apologize. I get in the "giving mood" around Christmas

#164 7 years ago

To make sure sales listings for December/New Years are relative, I'd like to request the following:

• Only vendors with websites or Pinside Shops (ie. linking to a for-sale thread where someone has to PM is more of a one-off listing).
    • There needs to be an actual sale on something to be part of the main list of December Sales. Freebies or FREE SHIPPING only offers are cool, but will make a secondary list (below the main) for offers without any sale items or discount codes.
    • Items need to be purchasable by shopping cart. Again, either via Pinside Shop or a website.
    • Need a Business name, sale start/end dates, summary, etc as per request in the first post.
    • For December I'm asking that if you're part of the sale, you consider donating to Pinside after the sale if you feel it worked out well. Donations could be anything that you feel is adequate based on how well the sale went. Even $1-2 donation is *something* if you sold anything, I'm not saying donate 5% -- I'm just suggesting giving back some to support the community/website if you saw a huge spike in sales. If you're completely against donating, that's cool too -- there are other ways you can list your sales or offers & if you'd like me to remove you from the list because you're completely against donating just let me know.

I think the above will work out well for everyone involved & encourage more sales to happen. And probably 95% or more of the what was listed for Black Friday met the criteria, so really not much different -- aside from the suggestion of donating *something* at the end of the sale to Pinside. Just to say thanks for a thread like this being able to exist & maybe improve the chances of it happening again in the future.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

To make sure sales listings for December/New Years are relative, I'd like to request the following:

Only vendors with websites or Pinside Shops (ie. linking to a for-sale thread where someone has to PM is more of a one-off listing).
    There needs to be an actual sale on something. Freebies or FREE SHIPPING is cool, but not really a sale.
    Items need to be purchasable by shopping cart. Again, either via Pinside Shop or a website.
    Need a Business name, sale start/end dates, summary, etc as per request in the first post.
    For December I'm asking that if you're part of the sale, you actually plan on donating to Pinside after the sale if you feel it worked out well. Donations could be anything that you feel is adequate based on how well the sale went. Even $1-2 donation is *something* if you sold anything, I'm not saying donate 5% -- I'm just suggesting giving back some to support the community/website if you saw a huge spike in sales. If you're completely against donating, that's cool too -- there are other ways you can list your sales or offers. As much as possible, I'll check with the vendors to make sure they're okay with the *idea* of donating something at the end of the sale -- if I've listed anyone that isn't interested in donating then please ask me to remove you.

If the above doesn't work for some, I again apologize. I've already caught some flak for suggesting donations to Pinside for the Black Friday sales.. but I've also received good feedback there too. You don't have to donate, you don't have to offer big sales, and there are other opportunities to list one-off items or *JUST* free shipping/free item offers here on Pinside. I'm just finding over time I have to change criteria a bit to increase quality in what's being listed (ie. last year I had people selling used games wanting to list their for-sale post with a special Christmas price, etc and this year had to add to the criteria that listings not to be for one-off used items).
    What I'm asking should increase the number of more substantial discounts/sales by vendors & give better exposure to those that are offering better sales as well. All good things for both the vendors and the community I think. Just like how I believe the wish-list concept has helped bring a few more vendors on-board with sales that might otherwise not have happened.

Actually, free shipping for me makes a HUGE difference!

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Actually, free shipping for me makes a HUGE difference!

Have any vendors offered free international shipping? It's killer here in the U.S. I know some were doing a discount on international shipping (along with other sales).

I'm not trying to diminish the free shipping thing or a freebie, but just to help encourage businesses/vendors to offer more substantial sales & not have the ones that are putting a bigger sale on getting lost in the mix -- it's just personally what I'd rather see in this thread. People can still list the other stuff here or in their own threads, but to make the main list there needs to be something a bit more substantial.

I'm just trying to avoid being the bad guy in having to decide what can and can't be listed as people post things that don't really conform to the idea I had in mind for a sale list by setting some criteria up front. Last year I had many more people wanting to be added for used games, used parts listings, etc that they were running a "Holiday Sale!" on.. and had to limit that from happening. This way I can point to what gets you on the main list and you can decide if you're willing to participate or not.

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Have any vendors offered free international shipping? It's killer here in the U.S. I know some were doing a discount on international shipping (along with other sales).
    I'm not trying to diminish the free shipping thing or a freebie, but just to help encourage businesses/vendors to offer more substantial sales & not have the ones that are putting a bigger sale on getting lost in the mix -- it's just personally what I'd rather see in this thread. People can still list the other stuff here or in their own threads, but to make the main list there needs to be something a bit more substantial.
    I'm just trying to avoid being the bad guy in having to decide what can and can't be listed as people post things that don't really conform to the idea I had in mind for a sale list by setting some criteria up front. Last year I had many more people wanting to be added for used games, used parts listings, etc that they were running a "Holiday Sale!" on.. and had to limit that from happening. This way I can point to what gets you on the main list and you can decide if you're willing to participate or not.

One vendor offered free shipping. That's the only one I bought from... Anyways, I guess others can benefit from shipping discounts as well!

#168 7 years ago

A compromise is adding a short-format listing of free shipping, freebies, contest *only* offers after the main list. I'm okay with that & have started that list under the main list.

What I'll ask for in those is similar to what I posted above (ie. need a shopping cart / website / Pinside Shop, donation suggestion applies). But it'll be for the freebie-only or free shipping only or contest offers. The listing will be kept very short and may be chopped down if it's lengthy (but people can click the link and see the details. Think that should suffice

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

International shipping is impossible for me, it is extremely expensive therefore I decided to offer an important price discount of 10% instead of 5% which is a big discount compared to the already low prices I'm offering.
    Less than this it's like working for free or loosing money because the budget items policy is to have low margins and attractive prices.

Donating is a very good thing, I have already done it in the past considering that the forum helped me selling items.

Regarding website, it's ok, why not, but actions and discount are often difficult to apply if you don't have an advance shopping site, which is not always the case when seller are small ones. My website is under construction, will be ready soon but don't have a date yet.

cheers

#170 7 years ago

Offer valid from 30/11/2016 till 07/12/2016 and only for orders made by PINSIDE users via PM or email

#171 7 years ago

Playfield Protectors - Holiday Season Promotion | Early Solid States
    14 Early Solid States for only 89 € each (approx $79 | tax free)
    This promotion is valid through 12/10/2016.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-holiday-season-promotion-early-solid-states
    https://www.playfield-protectors.com/28/Sales-Promotion

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from protectors:

Playfield Protectors - Holiday Season Promotion | Early Solid States
    14 Early Solid States for only 89 € each (approx $79 | tax free)
    This promotion is valid through 12/10/2016.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-holiday-season-promotion-early-solid-states
    https://www.playfield-protectors.com/28/Sales-Promotion

Dang it! I need (at least two) Williams 90's era protectors... I guess I shouldn't have snoozed over thanksgiving!

#173 7 years ago

There will be a promo for WPC next week....

#174 7 years ago

Here we are:

Company name: Pinball Solutions.eu
    http://www.pinballsolutions.eu

Pinside coupon: pinside
    10% discount on Bally led displays

offer valid until Saturday 10/dec/2016

Now you can publish it on the first page

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-interest-check-led-display-for-ballystern#post-3475475

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from gianfri:

Here we are:
    Company name: Pinball Solutions.eu
    http://www.pinballsolutions.eu
    Pinside coupon: pinside
    10% discount on Bally led displays
    offer valid until Saturday 10/dec/2016
    Now you can publish it on the first page
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-interest-check-led-display-for-ballystern#post-3475475

Got it sir! Thanks and best of luck!

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Got it sir! Thanks and best of luck!

Thanks because it's you who motivated me to complete the website, there is still lot of work to do but it works!

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from gianfri:

Thanks because it's you who motivated me to complete the website, there is still lot of work to do but it works!

It's like a house.. always something you can do

#178 7 years ago

PinballSTAR has extended our sales pricing until the 12/31 ! : )

Please EMAIL us at [email protected] for pricing on NIB games as we can't post most publically.

These are some of the lowest prices we have ever offered as we clear space in our showroom for new titles coming out in 2017. Due to great response we have extended our Black Friday sale to an End of the Year Sale ! Orders must be placed by 12/31/16 to be eligible for discounts. First come first served on 'in stock' models.

*** Jersey Jack Pinball / HOBBIT

Hobbit LE / Limited Edition #228 - Showroom OPEN BOX - retail $ 8,500 now just $ 7,900

Hobbit Smaug #299 with RAD CALS - Showroom OPEN BOX - retail $9,400 now just $ 8,800

Hobbit LE / Limited Edition #41 with RAD CALS - NIB - retail $8,900 now just $ ?

Hobbit Smaug Gold #42 and #36 - NIB - retail $ 9,000 now just $ ?

Hobbit Smaug Gold #450 and #500 with RAD CALS - NIB - retail $9,400 now just $ ?

Hobbit Black Arrow - NIB - retail $8,500 now just $ ? - Factory order, available very soon.

***Jersey Jack Pinball / WIZARD OF OZ

WOZ Standard with shaker - retail $8,750 now just $ ? - LAST ONE

WOZ 75th Anniversary - retail $9,500 now just $ ? Factory order, available very soon.

***Jersey Jack Pinball / DIALED IN (No discounts on this game)

Standard Edition $8,000
    LE / Limited Edition $9,000
    Collector's Edition $12,500
    $250 down payment on Standard and LE / $1,000 on Collector's Edition - No additional money until shipping. Production to begin in 2017.

***Planetary Pinball / MEDIEVAL MADNESS REMAKE

MMR Standard Edition - retail $8,000 now just $ ? Factory order - will be available soon.

Remake #2 - Coming soon!

***VPCabs / Virtual PInball

Vertigo - Upright with 60 Pinball Tables / 60 Classic Video Games - retail $ 3,500 now just $ 3,000

Wizard - Full Size Virtual Pinball - retail $ 8,000 now just $ 7,250

Mini - Smaller sized Virtual Pinball - retail $ 4,000 now just $ 3,500

***Chicago Gaming

Arcade Legends 3 - 130 Classic Video Games in one cabinet - retail $ 3,000 now just $ ?

Ms Pac Man / Galaga - retail $ 3,000 now just $ ?

Coffee Table Foosball - retail $ 550 now just $ ?

You can pick games up in stock games at our location OR we have a delivery service available where we can personally deliver the game to you within 4/5 hours of PA for nominal cost OR we can ship to you nationwide.

Full payment required on all models to get discounted pricing. PA residents pay sales tax. Gift certificates not allowed to be combined with these pricing discounts.

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    50 Fawn Drive
    Dallas, PA 18612
    www.PinballSTAR.com
    [email protected]
    570-357-0042

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
    db_file_img_2128_600x600 (resized).jpgdb_file_img_2128_600x600 (resized).jpg

#179 7 years ago

Has anyone heard from back alley creations? Got payment confirmation on black Friday and no word since. All of my other orders have already come.

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Has anyone heard from back alley creations? Got payment confirmation on black Friday and no word since. All of my other orders have already come.

Did you try emailing them?

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Did you try emailing them?

Yeah, Matt got ahold of me. Looks like someone else probably got my package. Waiting on what happens next from the post office.

#182 7 years ago

Removed the couple of expired sales.

Any sales I've missed? Last year I think a few more were going on for December, but probably closer to New Years. Will probably be the case again this year.

#183 7 years ago

http://www.freeshippingday.com is this Friday.
    If I offered to participate... Would anyone buy?

#184 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

http://www.freeshippingday.com is this Friday.

Huh.. didn't realize there was a Free Shipping Day. They think of everything

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Funny you should ask that. I was just looking at the possibility of getting some DE cables but hadn't yet investigated what the shipping would be. Let us know when the sale is active!

#186 7 years ago

I decided not to participate. There seems to be no interest.

#187 7 years ago

At this point, I'd welcome free shipping if you buy 3 ColorDMDs.

#188 7 years ago

please (resized).jpgplease (resized).jpg

#189 7 years ago

Not much going on, heh?

#190 7 years ago

on frosted plastic and flexible plastics from now until end of this year

swinks
    https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinks&sort=newest

latest designs and mini scaled pinball cabinets 1:10 & 1:20

625x465_16969796_9929199_1482008297 (resized).png625x465_16969796_9929199_1482008297 (resized).png

pinball
    https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=pinball&sort=newest

or anything for that matter, not just limited to my gear.

screen-capture-2 (resized).pngscreen-capture-2 (resized).png

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

on frosted plastic and flexible plastics from now until end of this year
    swinks
    https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinks&sort=newest
    latest designs and mini scaled pinball cabinets 1:10 & 1:20

nice!

#192 7 years ago

wanted - pinball shirt that is a free ship or better price that isn't black or red

#193 7 years ago

Holiday sales till New Years in effect on all powered sub adapters and headphone kits

IMG_8288 (resized).JPGIMG_8288 (resized).JPG

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-holiday-sales-announcements-pinball-related/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.