Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I have playfield protectors on my ACDC and LOTR. Installed them myself about 2 years ago. Did it just because they were new and I wanted to see what they were like on my HUO NIB machines. Not a pain to install or remove - just have to be able to strip and reassemble a playfield (thank goodness for digital cameras). They don't affect the playing of the games, make the playfield look very shiny, haven't shown up any scratches in all this time. I do agree it's probably overkill for HUO games, but does stop dimpling from ball strikes on the playfield.
My only concern on TH is the pop- up characters. These protectors all have an edge which is unavoidable. I don't know how much of a gap will be left between the tops of the "traps" and the protectors. May just cause a little ball deviation, but purely speculation until I see one in action. If you are unsure, I wouldn't bother, but for routed games it nice of JJP to go to the trouble of offering them, and installing them!

Hi there, I thought I should explain why I thumb downed your post. I have a pf protector installed on my LOTR and it does impact ball physics, it has to as it has different physical qualitites to a surfaced playfield. I would say it's the degree to which it affects play that it is up for debate...

IMO the plastic protector seems to offer less friction. This characteristic irritates me at times but not enough to remove the protector.

p.s. I'm in for a TH and have opted 'no' for installation of a pf protector, logic being that JJPs pf are of a better quality than Stern's were at that time

1 month later
#711 2 years ago

Brilliant story, congrats goldant!!

Did you name him Jack?

2 weeks later
#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So to sum things up. Beautiful looking game but so complicated nobody knows how to play it.
Remember when pinball was intuitive and you could just walk up and play a game?
woman-doing-complicated-math_(resized).jpg

not-sure-if-overly-complicated-or-if-i-am-stupid-thumb.jpg_(resized).png

I would stick to PacMan PACMAN.

#1104 2 years ago

That GB vs TH thread has me feeling really bummed out over my TH preorder. Nice to read some more optimistic thoughts...

1 week later
#1309 2 years ago

I have a screen printed WOZ ECLE which is shiny but not as shiny as the RADs, which are maybe too shiny for my tastes, or rather they would make my other machines look more beat up than they already are

I also asked my distributor in the UK if he thought they were worth the extra loot, as we get stung again with both a poor exchange rate and then 20% tax. He said the stock decals look great, that is enough for me

3 weeks later
#1402 2 years ago

I'm having the goblin king side on display, I want everyone to marvel at his testicle chin and man tits.

#1411 2 years ago

Excellent!! I love me some 2-ball multiball, more so than 3+ balls

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,000.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Decals
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 11.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 11.95
$ 21.00
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,500.00
$ 59.99
Machine - For Sale
Ridgeland, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside