image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Didn't JJP say as much a while ago? They wanted to test them before doing the general release. I am assuming/hoping they are building games and setting them aside and will finalise them at some point when they are happy with the testing results and can make whatever changes they need to make. Easier to fix the first 60-80 in the factory if something comes up instead of having them go out to a storm of 'my 8k NIB isn't perfect out of the box it is the end of the world' Let's face it there will be some things that emerge and need adjusting but that's pinball and the more they can minimise it the better.

Spoke with Jen again today about extras on the pin. I opted for the red Smaug and that I was too late for any playfield mods. This is exactly what is happening. There are 80+ (one is mine) that are already assembled and when they get the go ahead from their testers, they'll be boxed up and shipped right out. Like you said, easier to deal with any issues while there still at the factory. She mentioned that the testing has been so positive thus far, that they may be shipping them as early as next week!

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

How many weeks have passed since you got the initial call/email from Jen (before it was too late to add any playfield mods)?

She just informed me of this after I ordered the extra head assuming I was going to inquire about it. Knowing my machine was made already and was told before that the head was going to ship separately, I knew I had time. Besides, I didn't like how dirty the playfield protector looked after so many plays on it. Same goes for the RadCals...they make the pin look like a cheap hooker. Not that I know what a cheap hooker looks like

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yay for extra head, tata & hookers

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I have not been able to get confirmation from Jen or the distributor that XX pin is on the line and confirming "shipping order". How are you getting this confirmation that yours is on the line and in first batch to be shipped? Every time I ask I just get a stock answer and that no set delivery schedules for the distributor have been confirmed yet?

You answered your own question. Mine's coming directly from JJP as I was a PIF day one buyer. That she reached out to me to let me know that it was done and waiting for final testing. Later when I called about the extra head, she mentioned that it's too late to add anything to it. JJP is my distributor and is doing what all distributors do when they're about to ship...inform the buyer! You purchased through a distributor. I would assume, considering your distributor did not contact you, that yours is not near completion yet. Thus not having your questions answered makes sense to me. I don't know how Jen would be able to comment on what your distributors actions may be. She only has to answer to your distributor and then your distributor has to answer to you. I would also assume it's not in Jen's best interest to answer for your distributor. Especially not knowing where you fall into his buying list. And if your distributor doesn't have any answers yet for you...well...Here's hoping that that you get one this year!

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Were you going to switch heads, put the LE head onto the SE (or vice versa)? And apologies if you advised of this but what was your order date?

I have an Se coming. I bought it just have it. Maybe make a topper out of it or do something else with it. Order date was 11/26/12 invoice # 3042.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Quick update, Jen did get back to me again and had more exact information to provide(actually saw these posts on Pinside and contacted me, so kudos to her), didn't have the distributor lists at the time I talked to her but now did and got a more accurate estimate for my place in production. Thanks JJP, hoping those start rolling off the line soon and everyone is getting games soon.

I'm really glad she got back to you. She's a very special person and cares very much for her customers. It does get frustrating not knowing what's going on. Hopefully, her calling you put your mind to rest.

2 weeks later
#765 8 years ago

OMG!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

No SEs to be seen, isn't everything we've seen just LEs so far, are they doing them in different batches?

I was told mine is one of the pins shipping out and It's an SE. Hope this helps

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Did Jersey Joe move jack to the assembly line?

You're such a JO!!!

Jealous...

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

No need to troll in a positive-toned hobbit thread.

Get lost then!!!!

#872 8 years ago

It's starting to look like those who are affiliated with and /or those who are distributors are the only ones who've been contacted. I called today assuming that one of the pins that shipped was mine. I come to find out that it's not shipping out til later next week into early the following week. She stated that she'll be calling all owners when their pin are ready to ship.

Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm just saying a truck went out on Tuesday with Hobbits on it. Someone should have theirs today! Also, no one can say they got the call???? What's going on here.

I'm assuming that nobody who's not affiliated has gotten a call. Who knows...

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

The Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA got their Hobbitt yesterday. It is set up for $1 per play. From what I gather, the owner Bill was a day 1 preorder but is otherwise just an ordinary JJP customer.

He's more than an ordinary customer. Has had a long standing relationship with Jack and has worked with him on several charitable venues. I'm happy to see it's there as we're heading there today to confirm my purchase before it shows up in the next week or two.

1 week later
#1000 8 years ago

Got the call today. My SE #114 should be here in the next couple days!!!!

#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

60 x 31x 31 on pallet in box

Thanks, nice to know. . Mine is showing up today.

#1064 8 years ago

It's here!!!!!!!!!

Unboxing it Friday night @ 7. Keeping it small though...then hosting a venue in a week or two afterwards for the rest of the pinheads to come play it!

14587640245601047380612_(resized).jpg14587640245601047380612_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1365 8 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

If anyone can give me some help that would be great! I think my SE was Biult on a Monday

There is a born on date written in gold marker on the back of the backbox

2 months later
#1437 7 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BUMP for the great offer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=tata and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.