Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Hmmm, I wonder if we lost a feature on The Hobbit.
At one time the flyer mentioned a "Player Controllable Orbit subway leads to 3 distinct ball paths" and now the flyer posted on pinside states "Orbit shots can be redirected into pop bumpers or dropped into an under-playfield subway, to suddenly reappear at either the Balin or Radagast verticle up-kicker".
I thought it was cool that the subway was going to be player controllable (an a unique feature).
I don't know which version of the flyer is newer (hopefully the one with the player controllable subway is the newer one), but this is the first time I looked at a flyer that didn't have the player controllable wording. If it is no longer a feature, that is a bummer.
Here are the two flyers for comparison...

No one seems to care that Smaug went from "interacting with the Ball in three different ways" to "Smaug, who can talk to you and steal your pinballs" to "Smaug sculpture taunts you", or that the moving outlane ballguide meant for aiming the windlance was quietly removed somewhere along the way (or maybe it was broken on the game I played? But it didn't look like it could move.).

It doesn't seem to matter that not much is left of the original concept.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It was a big ruckus when it changed. But we've all known that change for what, a year now? Things always change along the way when designing and building pinball machines. Ideas that sound good may not work right when the whitewood is built. License holders may not approve of some interactions. We only even know it existed in the first place because JJP tells us things about games years in advance. Don't worry, plenty of people have smashed on JJP because Smaug doesn't eat pinballs.

Thanks for the update!

Didn't really follow up on TH for a while, last thing i briefly saw was the changed pf-artwork which was a huge improvement.

Since i got to play one a few days ago i was just a bit surprised about how TH has developed. It is a stunningly beautiful machine, though.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

TZ shooter spring is much stronger than the one in TH.

Does JJP have their own shooter springs? Or do they use the standard B/W color code?

TZ uses a brown one, that's the lowest possible tension.

As far as I remember it's: Brown (lowest tension) -> White (medium low) -> Green (medium) -> Silver (medium high) -> Blue (high) -> Red (very high)
Just use the next stronger one...

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

There are magnets behind the ramps that drop the balls into the subways but I don't know of any others that would drop them SDTM...

I'm guessing it's the rollovers and troll flaps deflecting the ball that causes the weird ball movement he's referring to. They do tend to interfere heavily with balls traveling slowly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside