image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#601 8 years ago

I can't wait to play this at TPF. Right now I am back and forth between this and WOZ for my next game.

I wonder if anyone will have some for sale @ TPF?

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I will have both my personal Wizard of Oz Limited Edition and my personal The Hobbit Limited Edition (pretty sure i will have it by then) so that you can play both. There are a couple of local Texas distributors to talk to (even though i am a JJP distributor, i will not step on another's toes that is not in my local area). i will answer any questions you have, but i will then direct you over to the local distributor (unless you are from the upper midwest, then we can discuss other options)
Can't wait to play it and watch others play it.

That sounds great! I really appreciate that you are bringing your own personal games, thanks! Will you have a booth?

2 weeks later
#899 8 years ago

Who has the best shipped price on the Hobbit?

#973 8 years ago

I played this a few times at TPF and I'm blown away at how high red the playfield is. It's a stunning game in person.

#1041 8 years ago

I sat in the line at TPF to play this game maybe 9 times. I really liked it

1 week later
#1195 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

A few tech notes:
First - know that pinball is mostly solid state, low failure LED bulbs. Not much is likely to go wrong out of the box. If something doesn't work, its usually a connector or a wire came off.
Connectors:
Without the diagrams of wiring for the cabinet or backbox, which will be coming to the manual after pages D - 80, I had to call support for a bit of help with connectors. These may be helpful notes.
From talking with LTG and Frank:
I opened the metal box and made sure connectors were tight, from both outside and inside the back of the box.
Make sure the miniUSB connector at the B.A.G. board is tight - it controls all the GI and LED lights, and was the last place I looked to get my GI and RGB lighting to work.
If you take out the PF, the reconnections are easy if you take a lot of pics as you disconnect. Note there are two black/red power combos, and plugs don't matter which goes into which - as long as colors match. THere are 3 yellow/black power connectors, and those 3 are interchangable also.
The connector with 2 solid purple wires coming from the transformer isn't used. The light blue 2 wire connector the runs along the left cabinet and terminates near the left back corner of the metal box isn't used. A connector near the coin door isn't used.
Wires:
After removing and putting the PF back in the cabinet to move things - I also had a few loose wires I had to resolder. Those were easily found and reachable. If something doesn't work, its usually a connector or a wire came off
Everything from the factory seemed pretty well done.
One issue was the ring button didn't work - its was not set into the lockdown bar, so the post under the ring didn't reach the switch when pressed. I loosed the hex nut, turned the button which has a little nub that fits into a small notch in the cutout in the lockdown bar, and replaced the hex nut. Then re-seated the button, the post then reached the switch - fixed.
My other issue was the spider pop wouldn't stay up. Part of it was the routing of the wires that go up to the spider point switch were threaded through a bundle which may its travel with the mech too tight. I re-routed the wire (thankfully it has a connector) being sure it didn't get near the pop mech, to get some slack so it travels freely.

Thanks for the info about removing the playfield! I will need to do that to my game to get it upstairs.

#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Cmon guys, you spend $1000's on pinball machines and have Gamerooms in basements or upstairs and you own a cheap POS cart !?!? Get an escalera or a decent cart to do the job. Taking pf's out is just nuts.

An escalara won't work with the stair configuration in my house so having one really wouldn't serve any purpose except to waste a lot of money.

#1269 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

While i agree the plunger weakness is noticeable, i dont think its a big deal. If I were an owner or potential owner, I'd just replace the plunger spring - its an eas fix. I had to do this for some of my sterns in the past.

I put an orange spring on my Hobbit, made a big difference.

I wonder if the reason why a weaker spring was used way to protect the targets? With the orange spring installed it is very strong, I will probably try a less tense spring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=metahugh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.