image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I love the Hobbit !

I got to play it back in Mar 2015. Amazing !
Love the 4 character pop-ups in the playfield. Look out MMRLE.

Can't wait for 2016 updates and news about it getting delivered to amigos.
Anyone have news??

#7 8 years ago

this game is beggin' for some cool mods !

#15 8 years ago

bet I get a Hobbit before my MMRLE

#31 8 years ago

That Hobbit playfield art is looking amazing. What a difference some time and feedback can make to the final product.
This beast is going to be a work of art.
It'll be like having a treasure chest in your home and you can also play!

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sweet Jesus. We might actually get news on Lawlor's game soon! That's by far the only reason I've kept track of TH's progress.

I'll bet it's going to be sweet !!

#93 8 years ago

#108 8 years ago

i wonder if anyone has plans to build mods/upgrades/etc... for the Smaug part ?

1 week later
#221 8 years ago

That playfield on top-right of pic looks massive...
Is that an optical delusion ?

#245 8 years ago

that playfield is absolutely amazing. it's so incredible to watch it evolve to what it is today.

stunning use of color and design.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

The first test machine left the factory today. Going somewhere in NYC early next week apparently.
Hobbit_(resized).jpg

Sweet !!!

#495 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any chance there's a hobbit pin in the wild near Chicago? I'm heading there next week...

Yep, lots a places

1 week later
#522 8 years ago

Saw that. They look crazy excited

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I hope someone takes some good video of the machine in action in the tournament!

+ 1

#551 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

She just informed me of this after I ordered the extra head assuming I was going to inquire about it. Knowing my machine was made already and was told before that the head was going to ship separately, I knew I had time. Besides, I didn't like how dirty the playfield protector looked after so many plays on it. Same goes for the RasCals...they make the pin look like a cheap hooker. Not that I know what a cheap hooker looks like

Yay for extra head, tata & hookers

1 week later
#615 8 years ago

Any news ?

#619 8 years ago

Ohhhh

#642 8 years ago

#674 8 years ago

Totally awesome they are putting these out on locations and letting them get played & watching for needed improvements.

#683 8 years ago

1 week later
#816 8 years ago

1 week later
#1009 8 years ago

Played hobbit at TPF.

Wow I suck at it

It's a feaking work of art.
Out of this world cabinet & playfiled art.

For a while I sat about 5 feet away in a low chair & just watched the backbox display.
The display art, clips, animations, clip to art transitions, mapping/guides, yadda yadda were incredible. It really looks like teams of people were dedicated to the composition, design & art production of these.

This is by far one DEEP designed package.

I swear, if you're a fan & on the fence about this... You need to go for it. People are going to be collecting this pin for decades to come. It's just stunning. You walk into any room/place and this thing is sitting there... And you are just drawn to it.

And dang... Did I mention the playfield light show yet. Holy moly !!!!

Wish I was a better player

Hope this helps...

#1042 8 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

I have been waiting for a couple of days to post my impressions from TPF, wanted to read a bit what people are saying and catch up on some older posts since I haven't been around pinside for a while.
First off..I am a preorder customer I have an SE and ordered May 2013. That said I am blown away by this game. Everyone knows the history of the game being redesigned after expo, and wow did they hit it out of the park. Pictures online or video do not do this game justice, just like WoZ.
Code is early and you can tell, I would not be surprised to see another multiball mode added to the game. Even with the early code there is still a TON to do. The rules sheet just covers the basic overview but it does not cover going down into the rules. I attended the seminar and that helped, as well as talking with Butch Peel who was around really helped me to get a good handle on the basics by the end of the weekend. Just looking at the playfield and the rules sheets does NOTHING to explain the game and how it plays.
A couple of examples of the rules so far as I have figured them out, the pop ups that everyone has been complaining about? Well that starts beast multiball. You have to hit all 4 beasts then that starts multiball. The beasts pop up when you roll over the corresponding inlane. If you miss it you can hit the inlane again, or a specific ramp/orbit to light the inlane again to get another chance to hit the beast. The other multiball, you roll over the 4 lock targets then the right ramp lights up green with lock, hit that 3 times you start smaug multiball. Now the modes..You have to hit the drop targets to make the mode available for example dwarf, that qualifies dwarf modes which I think there are 4 of those. The one mode I played was the radagast mode. I'm not sure how I qualified it but I selected that mode by hitting the left ramp, then hit the right ramp to start the mode.(If lock is lit you can hit the ring button to bypass the lock and proceed to the mode start) Mode start the ball goes down to the windlance and you shoot the ball with the ring button to start the mode. Radagast mode then is multiple shots around the playfield, the shot will light up red, it will show on the book, and on the LCD screen what shot you have to hit. There were at least 3 shots that you had to hit then I drained. That is just 1 of 30+ modes.
This game is DEEP, and again you would not know of those rules just looking at the rules sheet, you have to really play it and spend some time with it to understand it. It is tough to get that when you have to stand in line for 20 min to play a game. This game will do very well in the home market where you have time, and free play, to get used to the rules.
The lights, I got what I was looking for with the light shows and I know its only going to get better. I love the sweeps of the lights in this game as well as WoZ. The light show in this game is a little more understated then the in your face bright light show of WoZ but it still is very good. I know there will be more added to it as time goes on.
The toys. Amazing quality toys. The big one Smaug. A lot of people compared it to the GoT dragon, well I played Hobbit, then the next game I played was GoT LE. the dragon in hobbit is so much better intergrated. The detail on the GoT dragon may be a little bit better, not much, but the gameplay integration is so much better in hobbit and that will only be improved. It is my understanding that currently smaug has about 20 lines, when all is said and done there will be about 120 lines for smaug.
The LCD. The LCD in my opinion is better than WoZ. The layout of the information is better, the artistic touches are much better, and the resolution seems better.
As you can tell I am very much impressed with the game and very glad to be getting one. If you have not played one, you can't honestly talk about this game. This is a game you have to play multiple times and see in person to be able to appreciate it.

I completely agree with everything he says here. And he makes a great few more points:

1. You've just got to see this in person. Pictures & videos don't come close.
2. Put this in a home environment, and you can spend years learning & enjoying the rules.

#1047 8 years ago

#1050 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

So I take it no unboxing photos tonight?

Just set GOT up tonight
image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Sorry for the cross-post, but here you go. My Smaug with RAD-cals arrived today.

IMG_0393_(resized).JPGIMG_0394_(resized).JPGIMG_0395_(resized).JPGIMG_0396_(resized).JPGIMG_0397_(resized).JPG

You are so darned lucky !!!!
Such a sweet pin

3 months later
#1438 7 years ago

Hobbit bump

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hardware
Pinball Haven

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.