image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

1. Where is the ball getting stuck?
2. Yes. this annoyed me too, but after about 5 games I didn't seem to care as much. Note sure if this can be improved? The TH troll mech is better than the MM one i think, so maybe the size is needed? even if they make it flush you still have the roll overs there too.
3. Personally I didn't notice this. If you compare to LOTR.... lotr has Balrog as a bash toy. A flying ring shot, a tower that moves a little when hit...thats about it isnt it? LOTR is great because of the software. Hobbit has that potential.
4. I don't think any of Keiths pins are ultimately for casual gamers. I think Smaug is easy enough to start for them, but there is so much going on so im not sure if that makes casual players feel stupid or not.
5. The one i played today was fine.
6. code is pretty much BETA.
7.The machine gun sound is awesome, its 5+ Coils going off 1 millisecond apart. If you trap the ball and read the small LCD it will tell you what to do. I am pretty sure you are talking about 'THE CONTRACT'. If so, hit the targets behind the drops.
8. personally i find it easier to hit the LOCK from the right flipper. So to be its feeding the other flipper always.
9. didnt notice
10. Code will add something, it is easy to hit those drops with it. But yes code cannot add a ramp!
Chin up, 7~8 outta 10 can be fixed with software and perception!

Sorry I moved my post to the Owners thread - but thanks for the feedback. I'm not overly disappointed, and one of the reasons I bought the pin was because I knew there would be frequent and big code updates coming, hopefully greatly improving things each step of the way.

#1111 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You can't tell when a mode starts very easily on HOBBIT and can't tell when it ends.

That's odd - that's one thing I would say the complete opposite about. Mode starts always go to the windlance/kickback, and pause for you to see what you need to do. That's one of the things I complimented the machine on - that it was nice to have a mode start and have a brief pause to recognize this and see what to do rather than trying to keep track of the ball. When a mode ends, you have a screen that comes up and totals your points for the mode - now for this you are still playing, but it was pretty easy for me to recognize as it is after making the necessary shot. For me it's probably the easiest machine ever made to tell when a mode starts because the ball is always held at the kickback.

#1175 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Got to play Hobbit again at The Boxcar in Raleigh, NC last week while on vacation and passing through. Man, this is an awesome looking game. And, it feels so solid and elegant. I need a lot more time to really make a judgement, but it is impressive. Only negative for me was that it felt a little floaty, but much better than when I've played it at shows previously. Unfortunately, while we were playing the ball got wedged in a popup. It was jammed so tight the ball search couldn't free it. Guys onsite didn't have a key so we were done playing a bit sooner than I would have liked. Very jealous as I'm watching the unboxings here. Would seriously consider this machine if I felt like I could spend that kind of cash right now.

20160325_210513_(resized).jpg

This is happening quite a bit with the ball getting wedged into a pop-up - I wonder if it's possible to fix this in any way?

#1197 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good point. However, that was only one of the ball hangups I saw on this particular TH. Another was hung up in the wire-frame and no amount of banging/tipping could dislodge it. Perhaps better ball search logic would have allowed the game to continue to run without one ball, but I think A physical change or mod would need to occur if this is a reoccurring issue of a ball getting stuck.

Actually it will continue to run without one ball - if you wait long enough after the ball search, there is some sort of a message (I only heard it once, can't remember exactly what it said) and it will give you another ball to play. So that is one good thing - but of course if the ball is lodged in a pop-up, it's not going to be able to be shot out.

#1342 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In regards to the left ramp ball stuck, i thought i read somewhere that JJP was working on a fix for it. Can anyone confirm?

Someone said they called JJP and they confirmed it's a known issue and they are working on a fix - it was somewhere in a thread. I have the same issue, but was able to resolve it by slightly pushing the ramp down a bit. Now when the ball gets stuck there, I can "slap" the cabinet and it will launch the ball to the right. It's kind of strange because I can't tilt or shake the ball loose at all - it just had to be a hard slap on the machine where the ball is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.