image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dougpiranha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Wow, distributors taking orders with guaranteed ship date of March 1 "at the latest". It sounds like you may be able to jump the lines...

No connection, just a curious specatator...

Distributers could of bought games on day 1.

My Woz came from Nic Parks at Pinball company and he bought 50 Woz's on day 1.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

So which is it, you say in the first sentence that you had to pay on the same schedule as us. but your last sentences say its good that you get batches so that you can get the money to pay off your invoice.
If you wree like us, then your invoice would already be paid for.

I am number 3 in the q and I still owe some.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Pre paying and then being okay with someone who did NOT pre pay getting their game before them - no problem
Pre paying and then bitching when someone who did NOT pre pay gets their game before them - problem

So should dealers hold onto their extra games till all single buyers get their game?

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

no one is stupid for prepaying. It saved you thousands of dollars off the current msrp. It's the best investment you could have made over the past few years. Maybe one day you'll get to play your investment.

I am really excited to get mine when it comes and never considered it an investment...More of a no interest loan to JJP with the hope of a payout. If I lost all the money, I would not of lost sleep. Its a lot better odds than the lottery and since I don't play the lottery, it was my pinball gamble.

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Just curious with the latest code on the Hobbit, does the third flipper serve more of a purpose now?

Does the upper flipper on WOZ have any function? I just bash the balls with the lower flippers and defend the hole.

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

YOU are running out of patience and YOU didn't even order a game. You are admittedly jealous of those who can afford to buy one, so you try to undermine them with fear in the disguise of speculation and pity for those of us waiting.
This is the problem pre-order people have, including myself. We are tired of hearing negative things about JJP, Jack, the time frame, etc from those who don't have skin in the game. I am not in on Alien or TBL. I do check out the thread on them on occasion, but I don't comment. And if I did, it would not be to kill the enthusiasm of those who are in on it, or bash the manufacturer.

Nailed it!

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

March/April
Which will slip to May/June
Which will slip to.....you get it.

I am concerned...should I back out now?

Any help is appreciated.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

No way! Soon the msrp will go up another $500 and your investment will be worth even more!

Pinball machines are not investments in my world. Just games I play.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'll be playing Ghostbusters in my basement before one Hobbit ships.

Awesome Gary. I am surprised you don't have even more of your games at home.

Doubling your collection is awesome.

1 month later
#997 8 years ago

It's here.

Can't open without friends tho.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1002 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's the width of TH (or even WOZ). Curious if it would even fit through the front door.

30 X 31 inches. I measured it for my stairs.

1 week later
#1110 8 years ago

I opened mine on Friday and played it all weekend.

As others have said the build, art, LCD and sound are A+. I mean really awesome and I have owned and played quite a few pins.

The playfield layout and current code combination is B-

I believe that given the right code, the whole package will be very good. Woz layout is only fair and the code makes it great. I played the original WOZ at Expo and it felt similar in code development and gameplay in the early days. I believe Keith will do his magic and takes this game to a high level.

Go Keefer go!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dougpiranha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=dougpiranha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.