Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

That GB vs TH thread has me feeling really bummed out over my TH preorder. Nice to read some more optimistic thoughts...

I wouldn't worry about it to much. I think it has more to do with how Jack promotes his games. It's a long drawn out process to try and rake in preorders over a long period of time. The problem is, you don't get that nice big shocking reveal. If he would have kept it a secret and did a surprise reveal like stern does with their titles. There would be a lot of more excitement over games actually going out the door.

JJP is like GNR's Chinese Democracy. People were waiting years for it to come out. Was pushed back so much, that by the time it came out. nobody gave a shit anymore. When it finally was released. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't great either. Seems similar to what happened with hobbit.

If people would have watched the slow progression of Ghostbusters over the past 2 1/2 years, nobody would be really going ape shit at this point.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Well this is probably as far as I will get today. But it does look pretty nice even with the protective film on the cabinet. I will wait to pull the protective film off the Rad-Cals until after I get it upstairs.

image_(resized).jpeg

isn't the legs going on the first thing you do? easier to do all this when it's up on it's legs anyway, and you don't have to fold it all back up to get them on.

#1233 4 years ago

i ment before putting the backbox up, and taking the glass off, and before the playfield comes out.

#1300 4 years ago

except those of us that played it many many times actually know already.

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hate feeding trolls, but yea - I've played it and the call outs in its current state are exceptionally great!

they are ok, but not as great as the call outs on LOTR. They don't give you that rush, like when you get the "you shall not pass" quote after completing fellowship multiball, or the intense volume increase for two towers start. I'm not saying hobbits sound bits are awful. just saying compared to LOTR, they are not as good.

#1322 4 years ago

yea, but will they have as good of material to work off of from hobbit as they did for LOTR? I think LOTR has better material from the movies to work with than Hobbit does. If the callouts just are not there, you can't create them out of thin air. Well you can, if you have actors do voice overs.

#1324 4 years ago

that is true. were those actual actors or sound alikes?

#1326 4 years ago

never really thought about it, most of the powerful call outs are actual movie quotes.

but super jackpots are very entertaining.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Annapolis, MD
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside