image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VegasAlleycat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1148 8 years ago

Smaug #60 has arrived! Or in my case, I got the rare Smuag version!
Delivery guy said it was the second one he has delivered in Vegas already.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1155 8 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Now get that thing unboxed and play the snot out of it!

Unboxed but still downstairs. I am going to remove the play field so my son and I can get it upstairs on our own. Too heavy! Hopefully I can do this tonight so I can finally play it.

#1159 8 years ago

Well this is probably as far as I will get today. But it does look pretty nice even with the protective film on the cabinet. I will wait to pull the protective film off the Rad-Cals until after I get it upstairs.

#1160 8 years ago

A few interesting observations--the flipper rubber is definitely not standard rubber. Looks to be silicone like superbands or Saturn rings. I have superbands on many of my pins and like them. Also, there are 4 pre drilled holes (3 small mounting holes and a larger one for a power cord?)on top of the backbox--maybe a topper is in the works? And no rubber strip on the top edge of the backbox which was a nice feature on WOZ.

#1165 8 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal Lorenzo!

#1166 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Did you get the playfield protector as well?

No, I passed on the playfield protector. The playfield looks beautiful though. Hope you get yours soon!

#1205 8 years ago

Thanks for the overview dgarret. I finally got the cabinet up the stairs tonight and am getting closer to getting the playfield back in!

#1210 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

So is this officially the longest unboxing ever?

Well, unfortunately it will have to last a little longer. I finally got it upstairs and reinstalled the playfield but when I powered it up, I have a Coin Door Open message on the screen even though the coin door is closed and I can't start a game. I assume it is something simple and will poke around now, but if anyone has any pointers on a simple fix it would be much appreciated! The game is absolutely stunning when powered on though!

IMG_1782_(resized).JPGIMG_1782_(resized).JPG

#1211 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I finally got it upstairs and reinstalled the playfield but when I powered it up, I have a Coin Door Open message on the screen even though the coin door is closed and I can't start a game. I assume it is something simple and will poke around now,

Well, a little poking around was all I needed to figure it out--I must not have seated one of the connectors fully when I reinstalled the playfield. I reseated it and now it boots up perfectly.

Played my first game--what a rush to finally play it! Multi-ball with all the pop-up figures is quite intense! The sound of the drop targets zipping up and down startled me at first but it is normal as they move up and down in unison very fast. With only one game under my belt, I know nothing of the rules, but it is definitely a shooter's game with the pop-ups and the drop targets. The gameplay was plenty fast too. The graphics are amazing and the sound quality was fantastic as well.

Hopefully those still waiting for their game won't have to wait much longer--I think you will be happy you stuck it out. Gotta go play it some more...!

#1214 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

do you have RA-DECALS or the standard ones ?

I have the Rad-Cals. I haven't seen the standard ones, but these are extremely nice--very glossy.

#1230 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

could you post some pics?

Quoted from cooked71:

What's the verdict on the rad-calls for those that have them vs those that don't? They're a pricey upgrade in Australia (+$500).

Yes, the Rad-cals are quite pricey, but I like them. Very thick and glossy and high quality. Not sure if it shows up well in the pic, but they are so shiny you can see the reflection of my stools in the decals.

IMG_1789_(resized).jpgIMG_1789_(resized).jpg

#1232 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

isn't the legs going on the first thing you do? easier to do all this when it's up on it's legs anyway, and you don't have to fold it all back up to get them on.

Not sure what you mean--I pulled the playfield downstairs to reduce the weight before hauling it upstairs. Bought some cargo straps the next day and then brought it up the stairs with the legs off and protective film on the cab to prevent any damage from dings. Could never have gotten it upstairs with the legs on. Anyway, got it upstairs, put the legs on, and am now enjoying my Hobbit!

#1234 8 years ago

Nah, it was just as easy removing the playfield without the legs on, plus then I didn't have to remove the legs again to get it upstairs. Either way the hard part is over and I can now play my Hobbit! Just playing with a somewhat sore back after the whole ordeal...but worth it!

#1236 8 years ago

IMG_1787_(resized).jpgIMG_1787_(resized).jpg

IMG_1788_(resized).jpgIMG_1788_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VegasAlleycat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=VegasAlleycat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.