image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Jack announced a (presumably free) Hobbit fix/upgrade kit at Pintastic that would be made available soon in order to fix known problems. Left ramp was mentioned.

Very happy to hear that, especially with regard to the left ramp. That left ramp has several issues, it's not just the ball getting stuck (that is actually pretty easy to remedy). The ball also will often fly out near the bottom and bounce right over the plastic diverter and to the out hole, sometimes to an inlane. The ball can just come down that ramp too fast at times.

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

People getting the game now have the new left wire form. I wonder if they are having that issue still. I hope not.

I hope not too. And yes, to be more accurate it is the left wire form, not the "left ramp."

#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My left wireform is 100% reliable.

How did you get it to 100%?

Mine is nowhere close to this. I have got to the point where stuck balls occur very rarely, but I still have the ball jump off the wireform far too often.

#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

I've had my machine for a couple weeks now, I'm assuming this is the new wire form, works like a champ.

That looks like that is exactly what is needed.

I assume that current owners will need to contact their distributor in order to get the new wireform?

1 week later
#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Some are very difficult. The Bait is damn near impossible as is the Defeat of Azog. Mirkwood is another tough one. I have beat a lot of them, but doing it in one game would be monumental.

Indeed. I wonder if that will be the requirement to get to the ultimate wizard mode? If so, it would be harder than getting to Valinor.

#1492 7 years ago

Wow, I suck!

#1500 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Definitely needs more code. No incentives for completing modes except collecting the arrowhead for the Arkenstone mode...hope more incentive comes soon.
Super X currently is a double pf multiplier awarded after a certain number of captive ball hits (it's the 3rd or 4th award). Time this right with modes/multiballs and it can be pretty lucrative. Not sure if there is any other way to get it or if you can move it past 2x. I'm sure more code to come.
Not sure on the Thorin rules during Beast Frezy, though I think it just acts like a 5th beast? I'm hazy on the Beast Frenzy rules as its a pretty crazy quick moving multiball without much thinking time.

Yes, Super X is the one thing that I answered SKB correctly about when he asked...that's double scoring, started by hitting the captive ball. Many other questions that he had on the rules (SKB is great when it comes to trying to understand and explain rules) I couldn't answer. I'm glad to see that at least I'm not alone in that.

I'm not super motivated to learn all the rules and nuances of them at this point, because there is so much more code that is needed and things can and will change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.