Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

100 x $7500 = $750,000 less a bulk discount ? I don't suppose Joe will tell us but any of you businessmen care to guess how much CASH is in JJP's account NOW.

Probably not much if they're continuing to fit out the factory and hire more people, whilst developing more games. I'm sure that cash helped keep the lights on and pay people's wages, but it will have been gone long ago and their sunk costs will have been massive, and I assume the investments in the company announced last summer will have dwarfed any pre-order money.

Start up manufacturing operations tend to be hugely greedy on cash. One of the things they have to be very wary of is taking on too much debt or selling too many shares in the company too quickly for investment, as cash flies out of the till so quickly. Further lending or VC rounds can then be very painful.

I invested in a startup manufacturer a couple of years ago (different sector) who are doing very well ... but the cash has typically lasted them a quarter of the time they anticipated for each of the latter funding rounds, as they ramp up production, buy more machinery and hire more staff. By my understanding, this is pretty typical.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Let me add that LOWEPG is one of the few individuals that even though I think he has a problem with JJP and his posts are usually critical in nature, he strikes me as being mostly objective and able to contribute honestly to a discussion.

Add me to that list since we are publicly calling out others, I don't appreciate JJP business ethics and downright lies. I am not jealous of anyone that preordered a JJP pin. Trust me if I had 8k to blow on a pinball, it wouldn't be spent on a company that lies to it's customers in order to string them along long enough to come up with the cash to order game critical parts. The same company that blocks people from it's google group for sharing a post that Jack made, the same company that sent out cease and desist letters to people just for questioning decisions the company was making. I would rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere. Sure I am jealous that some people have 8k to throw away and not care about. I am man enough to admit that. Not jealous with where the money was spent however. To everyone that ordered a hobbit, hope you get what you paid for soon. I am done here, don't expect to see any "trolling" from me in the future. Never could understand why anyone that has a different opinion about things regarding JJP is automatically a troll but thats the way it goes in the JJP forums. Oh and by the way "skin in the game" count is now at 105.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

...Never could understand why anyone that has a different opinion about things regarding JJP is automatically a troll but thats the way it goes in the JJP forums. ...

A negative opinion stated is one thing.

Hobbit Update 2016 - 12 posts
Hobbit Update 2015 - 15 posts
Hobbit Update - 32 posts
Hobbit Update 2016 Basement - 9 posts (last post complaining about being called a troll in this thread)
JJP Talking Point - 21
We want our games - 32
Other Hobbit and JJP threads, xxxx

An negative opinion stated over 120 times is another

Quoted from fatality83:

... I am done here, don't expect to see any "trolling" from me in the future. ...

Yaaaa

I don't have skin in the game. I played Hobbit at a Christmas party 2014 and at Pintastic. I was blown away. I would love to own one but that is a big price tag on one game. I come to this thread for actual updates but 9 out of 10 posts are from the same people with something negative to say. It gets freakin tired. Sorry, I'm not meaning to single you out, I just checked in "again" and you were the last one posting here and in the basement version. Don't take this personally there are others who actually do it more but they seem a bit, well, unstable.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

A negative opinion stated is one thing.
Hobbit Update 2016 - 12 posts
Hobbit Update 2015 - 15 posts
Hobbit Update - 32 posts
Hobbit Update 2016 Basement - 9 posts (last post complaining about being called a troll in this thread)
JJP Talking Point - 21
We want our games - 32
Other Hobbit and JJP threads, xxxx
An negative opinion stated over 120 times is another

Yaaaa
I don't have skin in the game. I played Hobbit at a Christmas party 2014 and at Pintastic. I was blown away. I would love to own one but that is a big price tag on one game. I come to this thread for actual updates but 9 out of 10 posts are from the same people with something negative to say. It gets freakin tired. Sorry, I'm not meaning to single you out, I just checked in "again" and you were the last one posting here and in the basement version. Don't take this personally there are others who actually do it more but they seem a bit, well, unstable.

Prepare for him to call you a stalker... Because that is what trolls do when you point out how much they are trolling.

#405 4 years ago

Just click on Activity. Some patterns are clear.

Except beelzeboob, he's just nuts.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Unfortunately it seems that is where JJP is at right now. Low on the money needed to finish the game. I guess the investor either backed out or the money is spent already. No I don't have any inside knowledge and this is all speculation,

Glad it is just speculation. Since it is so inaccurate.

LTG : )

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Probably not much if they're continuing to fit out the factory and hire more people, whilst developing more games. I'm sure that cash helped keep the lights on and pay people's wages, but it will have been gone long ago and their sunk costs will have been massive, and I assume the investments in the company announced last summer will have dwarfed any pre-order money.
Start up manufacturing operations tend to be hugely greedy on cash. One of the things they have to be very wary of is taking on too much debt or selling too many shares in the company too quickly for investment, as cash flies out of the till so quickly. Further lending or VC rounds can then be very painful.
I invested in a startup manufacturer a couple of years ago (different sector) who are doing very well ... but the cash has typically lasted them a quarter of the time they anticipated for each of the latter funding rounds, as they ramp up production, buy more machinery and hire more staff. By my understanding, this is pretty typical.

Good to hear your view on the overall picture but I was just talking about the cash from one distributor to JJP. How much they really have to pay up front. As I understand it people now waiting for their game have paid the full cost of their games ? Correct ?

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I don't suppose Joe will tell us but any of you businessmen care to guess how much CASH is in JJP's account NOW.

Oh, about a lot of none of your fukkin business...

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Glad it is just speculation. Since it is so inaccurate.

Hopefully, a JJP representative will release a ship date and put to rest the silly speculation.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, a JJP representative will release a ship date and put to rest the silly speculation.

March/April

Which will slip to May/June

Which will slip to.....you get it.

#411 4 years ago

Get ready for pre-orders for Lawlor's game!

Gotta get those Hobbits built!

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

March/April
Which will slip to May/June
Which will slip to.....you get it.

I am concerned...should I back out now?

Any help is appreciated.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Any help is appreciated.

Nah! Lawlor's pre-orders start soon! Why bail now?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Any help is appreciated.

Hobbits will ship. We don't know when - exactly.. But they will.

If you have concerns and are thinking about backing out, I seriously advise you to go have a frank conversation with your distributor / retailer and / or JJP directly and talk to feel out the situation for yourself. Just be honest and voice your concerns.

Just don't talk too long - those folks have Hobbits to build

#415 4 years ago

you are the worst.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

you are the worst.

Truth hurts, old boy.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Good to hear your view on the overall picture but I was just talking about the cash from one distributor to JJP. How much they really have to pay up front. As I understand it people now waiting for their game have paid the full cost of their games ? Correct ?

I didn't read context fully, sorry. Still applies though.

No idea.

#418 4 years ago

The first test machine left the factory today. Going somewhere in NYC early next week apparently.

Hobbit_(resized).jpg

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

The first test machine left the factory today. Going somewhere in NYC early next week apparently.
Hobbit_(resized).jpg

Biggest news yet from jjp and its not even on their fb page

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Hobbit_(resized).jpg

Sweet !!!

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Going somewhere in NYC early next week apparently.

Modern Pinball?

#422 4 years ago

No clue. It's with Al Cihak (Pinaholic)

#423 4 years ago

And March delivery notification in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-se114-i-just-got-the-call#post-2940635

All happening at JJP.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Any help is appreciated.

No way! Soon the msrp will go up another $500 and your investment will be worth even more!

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

No way! Soon the msrp will go up another $500 and your investment will be worth even more!

Pinball machines are not investments in my world. Just games I play.

#426 4 years ago

I also got the call that my 11/26/2012 order is on the line.

On one hand, I'm anxious to get it. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind waiting until production is a little further along.

In the end, I guess I'm an optimist and will roll the dice.

#427 4 years ago

My understanding is the first batch are sent to put in the distributors so people can have a look and play of what a $12k (AU) pinball machine is. Mr Pinball have ordered 60, and they aren't going to come in dribs and drabs- they will have to fill a container. Hope they do a Stern and send the export ones early.

#428 4 years ago

Fyi...

Screenshot_2016-01-29-17-52-21_(resized).png

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Hobbit_(resized).jpg

Thanks for bringing some sanity back to this thread Karl. I kept coming here checking for updates only to see 20 new posts about people making the same complaints over and over.

Very exciting to see a Hobbit going onto test! I'm so pumped to see what Keefer has in store for this game's software design. What I've seen based on quick plays at shows is super intriguing, so it'll be nice to get to see the full package getting extensive play.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Hobbit_(resized).jpg

So....does "production" now come to a halt while these machines are actually being tested?

JJP stated that production began in late 2015. But now it seems like they were just assembling test machines before actual production can finally begin. Not trolling - just a bit confused.

This was actually pretty funny.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So....does "production" now come to a halt while these machines are actually being tested?

I would think that the point of testing is to see if any changes need to be made to the production games themselves or to the assembly procedures. Hopefully all will go well and the games will be rolling soon. My email from Jen today says my day one order will be near completion early/mid march.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Hobbit_(resized).jpg

This can't be right. The testing was already underway about 30 days ago. Now you are saying they have not even left the damn building until today.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This can't be right. The testing was already underway about 30 days ago. Now you are saying they have not even left the damn building until today.

I think that prototypes were out for testing. I believe that this marks the release of the first actual production machines for test play. That would be the final step before giving the nod to release games for customer delivery.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think that prototypes were out for testing. I believe that this marks the release of the first actual production machines for test play. That would be the final step before giving the nod to release games for customer delivery.

Ok that helps but I was told (100%) games were being released and shipped in February. Just don't see how this will happen if test games are just going out.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

This is the problem pre-order people have, including myself. We are tired of hearing negative things about JJP, Jack, the time frame, etc from those who don't have skin in the game

I felt totally the opposite when I was in on WOZ. I loved hearing all points of view. I struggled the whole way on whether to stay in or bail but I never felt the need to shut other views down. We all need to vent sometimes even if we don't have money on the game...YET.

I will probably buy a Hobbit one day but never will I preorder a game from JJP again. Too many missed self imposed deadlines and too many lies.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok that helps but I was told (100%) games were being released and shipped in February. Just don't see how this will happen if test games are just going out.

Barring any issues from outside tests in the next couple weeks, I don't see how they won't start shipping.

#437 4 years ago

Seems like there is confusion around different testing processes. In the software world we have unit, system, integration, usability, user acceptance testing (to name a few). All of this occurs on the same software but with somewhat different goals. Seems like a similar situation with pinball (different types of testing). Prototypes are built in order to validate (test) and improve the efficacy of the design. Production testing is done to validate (test) and improve the efficacy of the production process. This requires the machines be 'put through its paces' in order to validate the production process results in a solid product. How long they will undergo this testing is probably more a function of what is discovered than anything else (although I assume it is initially time-boxed)

#438 4 years ago

OMG... This is taking FOREVER!!!!!!

They started posting assembly pictures back in December and one little test machine just got squeezed out???

It's like Jack and one other person are huddled in the warehouse building these things.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They're final hardware. Barring calamity there won't be any immediate hardware revisions as a result of feedback from them. It will just inform setup and assembly of the games soon to be released, and possibly any necessary code fixes at the 11th hour.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

OMG... This is taking FOREVER!!!!!!

OMG, actually they have started arriving.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-is-at-classic-pinball-nj-today-only-come-see-it

#441 4 years ago

Very cool.... Especially that he invited folks to come by for a game or 2!

*crossing fingers that Flippers in Grandy, NC is on the short list for early games. He had a proto Woz, so perhaps he will likewise get an early TH...

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Very cool.... Especially that he invited folks to come by for a game or 2!
*crossing fingers that Flippers in Grandy, NC is on the short list for early games. He had a proto Woz, so perhaps he will likewise get an early TH...

If they do I will see you there

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If they do I will see you there

Roadtrip!

Flippers has GOT LE and AMH now as well (I've not player either yet).

When they get their TH- I am immediately planning a trip to play them all. Ive got space set aside for ONE machine.... all three of those are contenders...mostly a battle between TH and GoT for me. GoT wins the theme battle (by a hair), TH crushes GoT on art/sound, so it will really come down to gameplay for me....

#445 4 years ago

Nah! Lawlor's pre-orders start soon! Why bail now?

Gary, is that you?

#446 4 years ago

I'll be stopping by Flippers Feb. 11th. They got WOZ very early somehow and hope they do the same with Hobbit

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Hobbits will ship. We don't know when - exactly.. But they will.

Thanks for clearing the whole thing up.

Quoted from visi0n:Just be honest and voice your concerns.

But not unless you have a pre-order.Otherwise you're just bashing, and trolling and hating.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

They started posting assembly pictures back in December and one little test machine just got squeezed out???

That doesn't include the ones in the factory and at least one in Chicago, that were getting a lot of playing and checking. Then one was ready to go into the wild, and more soon.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Roadtrip!
Flippers has GOT LE and AMH now as well (I've not player either yet).
When they get their TH- I am immediately planning a trip to play them all. Ive got space set aside for ONE machine.... all three of those are contenders...mostly a battle between TH and GoT for me. GoT wins the theme battle (by a hair), TH crushes GoT on art/sound, so it will really come down to gameplay for me....

For sure! If they get theirs before I get mine I will definitely try to get there the first weekend they have it.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Thanks for clearing the whole thing up.

But not unless you have a pre-order.Otherwise you're just bashing, and trolling and hating.

Especially if you've been on Pinside for 6yrs or more and haven't donated recently

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 88.00
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside