image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 31.
#1401 7 years ago

I love everything about the SE over the LE except maybe Smaug. Red dragon stands out more. Easy fix if I want too.

#1402 7 years ago

I'm having the goblin king side on display, I want everyone to marvel at his testicle chin and man tits.

#1403 7 years ago

I've seen the Smaug cabinet with the high gloss decals and it looked amazing. For the price, it would be great if JJP just let people select their art, armor, dragon head. None of these limited editions are truly limited and it's a shame people have to compromise on anything, at all.

#1404 7 years ago

Key fobs!! Yeah!

#1405 7 years ago
Quoted from DerekParsons:

I've seen the Smaug cabinet with the high gloss decals and it looked amazing. For the price, it would be great if JJP just let people select their art, armor, dragon head. None of these limited editions are truly limited and it's a shame people have to compromise on anything, at all.

That would be cool Chris, but alas it is too problematic for production.

#1406 7 years ago

Really love my le ! Have a question ...... How many multi balls are currently in the code? I have only seen 2. Thank u !!!!!!

#1407 7 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Really love my le ! Have a question ...... How many multi balls are currently in the code? I have only seen 2. Thank u !!!!!!

Just 2 currently.
Unless there is a mode with 2 balls? But I don't think there is. Just Smaug MB, and beast frenzy

#1408 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Just 2 currently.
Unless there is a mode with 2 balls? But I don't think there is. Just Smaug MB, and beast frenzy

Isn't one of the modes a two ball?

#1409 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't one of the modes a two ball?

Yes

#1410 7 years ago

LE #715 arrived Monday night. On setup an intermittent noise that reminds me of a high speed ratchet got my attention. A quick call to a JVSPIN set me straight. This is the sound of the drop target banks resetting. Convinced the machine was operating properly I put in several games and found that for me the sound quickly faded into the background. Amazing machine, amazing achievement. Here's to the great support from the pin community and to JJP, 2 for 2.

#1411 7 years ago

Excellent!! I love me some 2-ball multiball, more so than 3+ balls

#1412 7 years ago

Don't forget 4 ball

Beast Frenzy + Smaug Multiball

#1413 7 years ago

Yeah I knew that .. was hoping for additional modes with multi balls

#1414 7 years ago

Ok, so how do we get Back Alley Creations to do gold covered flippers?

#1415 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Haha. That guy who is in the movie for 10 minutes and his huge tits is on my pinball forever!
I'll make sure the side that is showing is the right side!

Did you fly one over?

#1416 7 years ago

Anyone interested in Hobbit art?

***Grace (Wandering Muse) is a ReplayFX vendor***

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GraceMcCrackenArt

Screen caps:

Set to Burn - Original Charcoal DrawingSet to Burn - Original Charcoal Drawing

Incensed - PrintIncensed - Print

Custom Made for Me - Walking Dead themeCustom Made for Me - Walking Dead theme
The original had no zombies

Medieval exampleMedieval example

Just passing along info . I am not in any way affiliated with the artist , except i do love her art.

I imagine it's possible to ask her to do something custom just like i did.

Tell her Ed Z sent ya.

Ed Z

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Did you fly one over?

No. That's Mr. Pinballs

#1418 7 years ago

What order dates are currently shipping?

#1419 7 years ago

I have an LE order date of Dec. 13, 2012, I believe from JJP direct and I have NOT been notified that my game is nearing completion.

#1420 7 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I have an LE order date of Dec. 13, 2012, I believe from JJP direct and I have NOT been notified that my game is nearing completion.

You are close...I'm an early December order direct from JJP and mine is arriving next week.

#1421 7 years ago

I have order date 12/5/2012, Jen told me late May.

#1422 7 years ago

My order date is 12/3/2012, Jen told me late May back on April 15th.

#1423 7 years ago
Quoted from DerekParsons:

I know I went through a distributor and was asked what options I wanted. I got the SE but could have changed LE if I wanted. Additionally, I could have changed cabinet arwork, trim color, smaug playfield head color and I was also offered the option of RAD decals. Forgot, I could have bought an additional smaug head for $200 and the playfield protector for $150. Maybe going through a distributor like mine is the best way to get it customized as you want.

#1424 7 years ago

My game was ordered direct from JJP and paid in full in October 2014. I was told my game should be shipping by July sometime.

#1425 7 years ago

Just got my machine after 3 years, Smaug edition and I noticed the front ans die art does no go to the end of the cabinet.
Theirs black dead space where the applied art didn't fill, is this normal? I'll try and post pictures once I'm done unboxing.

#1426 7 years ago

Its a decal.

Its not direct printed like the WOZ was.

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from ssturtle:

Just got my machine after 3 years, Smaug edition and I noticed the front ans die art does no go to the end of the cabinet.
Theirs black dead space where the applied art didn't fill, is this normal? I'll try and post pictures once I'm done unboxing.

Let's see a picture of it

#1428 7 years ago

I just played The Hobbit for the first time at a tournament,had a blast.
I got Beast Frenzy multiball going,lots of fun for sure.Good for high score #3 of the tournament. 173,956 score.
Looking forward to getting mine.
Well done JJP.

#1429 7 years ago

I had a group of people at the house over the weekend. Of all my pins they liked The Hobbit™ the most.
Second was the WOZ.

None of them play pinball, or know anything about it, and some of the players were in their mid 70's.

Everyone had a blast and loved the plasma screen, they watched it intently while other were playing.

Had a ball trap during a game under the goblin trap door, this was the only problem during the 12 hours straight it was played.

Still, I want to find a solution for this, I can see it will be a problem on location games.

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Had a ball trap during a game under the goblin trap door, this was the only problem during the 12 hours straight it was played.

Curious if yours is an early build or a more recent build? Jjp told me the current builds have fixed that problem. Any idea?

#1431 7 years ago

If anyone is looking to buy a hobbit from Joe Newhart at Pinball Star Amusements, I have a $100 off transferable coupon that I cannot use. PM me for details.

#1432 7 years ago

What can I do to fix this?

#1433 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What can I do to fix this?

Call your distributor and ask if it's the new mech design. According to jjp they changed the mechs in more recent builds to prevent it getting stuck. I'm hoping you have the original build and that it can just be replaced with a new design one.

#1434 7 years ago

my serial ends in 073 so maybe its an earlier build?
I got it mid march 2016, had 0.81 code on it, ordered directly from JJP.

#1435 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

No that was fairly obvious to me, my point was that some pinball players expect a full plunge to go rocketing to the top of the playfield and this one does anything but. It threw me off at first for sure, but once I realized why it was set up that way... Today I spent a lot of time practicing those shots. Gonna need more practice.

I just found out today that the skill shot for the roaming dwarf target is worth most for the "D" and least for the "F".

1 month later
#1436 7 years ago

Hey guys. I have a 5/9/2014 order (paid in full) for Hobbit SE. Looks like I will probably cancel this order. I paid $8k flat. Just thought I'd see if anyone was interested in moving up in line, and getting the SE version that is no longer available. Not looking for a profit. If no takers, then I'll just get the refund.

Cheers!

#1437 7 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BUMP for the great offer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#1438 7 years ago

Hobbit bump

1 week later
#1439 7 years ago

Any extras in that? Radcals or shipping included?

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

If anyone is looking to buy a hobbit from Joe Newhart at Pinball Star Amusements, I have a $100 off transferable coupon that I cannot use. PM me for details.

If another 79 people like you stepped forward, Christmas would be here by August. Thanks for the kind offer.

Quoted from paynemic:

Any extras in that? Radcals or shipping included?

While we wait for Op's answers ... I don't think radcals are included or they would have been mentioned. In all likelihood shipping is included since he paid in full in 2014. So $8k with shipping might be what he has. Probably best to take it off line and PM the guy directly. Heck his post was two weeks ago, a lot can happpen.

#1441 7 years ago

Jack announced a (presumably free) Hobbit fix/upgrade kit at Pintastic that would be made available soon in order to fix known problems. Left ramp was mentioned.

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Jack announced a (presumably free) Hobbit fix/upgrade kit at Pintastic that would be made available soon in order to fix known problems. Left ramp was mentioned.

Very happy to hear that, especially with regard to the left ramp. That left ramp has several issues, it's not just the ball getting stuck (that is actually pretty easy to remedy). The ball also will often fly out near the bottom and bounce right over the plastic diverter and to the out hole, sometimes to an inlane. The ball can just come down that ramp too fast at times.

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Very happy to hear that, especially with regard to the left ramp. That left ramp has several issues, it's not just the ball getting stuck (that is actually pretty easy to remedy). The ball also will often fly out near the bottom and bounce right over the plastic diverter and to the out hole, sometimes to an inlane. The ball can just come down that ramp too fast at times.

Yeah, I just had a good game cut short when balls 2 and 3 diverted to the far left with no kickback lit. Very frustrating

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The ball also will often fly out near the bottom and bounce right over the plastic diverter and to the out hole, sometimes to an inlane. The ball can just come down that ramp too fast at times.

People getting the game now have the new left wire form. I wonder if they are having that issue still. I hope not.

#1445 7 years ago

Electronic surveillance was (perhaps jokingly) forbidden but the upgrade kit seemed to be 4 large strips and some fiddly bits.

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

People getting the game now have the new left wire form. I wonder if they are having that issue still. I hope not.

I hope not too. And yes, to be more accurate it is the left wire form, not the "left ramp."

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My left wireform is 100% reliable. Now, if I could get a fix for the darn curling ramp flaps I'd be happy though.

#1448 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My left wireform is 100% reliable. Now, if I could get a fix for the darn curling ramp flaps I'd be happy though.

Do you have the PF protector installed?

I am wondering if this has an effect on it.

#1449 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Do you have the PF protector installed?
I am wondering if this has an effect on it.

Yep

#1450 7 years ago

My ramp flaps have stayed straight ever since I loosened them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.