Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The polite response would be "that is incorrect" followed by the actual reason games have been set up low and slow.

I'm just asking, do u have a Hobbit on order?

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm just asking, do u have a Hobbit on order?

No. After my experience as an early owner of WOZ, I have decided to wait until the product is fininshed. Same reason I waited on TWD premium until I picked one up from the latest batch a few months ago.

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No. After my experience as an early owner of WOZ, I have decided to wait until the product is fininshed. Same reason I waited on TWD premium until I picked one up from the latest batch a few months ago.

Based on what I have seen and heard, it's not slow at all. Any pin including Sterns if set up incorrectly and if the pitch is not right will play slow. JJP will get things right. I can't wait to get mine in 2 week .

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The polite response would be "that is incorrect" followed by the actual reason games have been set up low and slow.

Well pardon me all to hell.

"That is incorrect". The last couple years at the shows, Hobbits appeared high and fast and low and slow. Often the games were brought there and set up by JJP distributors. And they appeared in many different variations of playfield pitch and flipper strength.

And no matter how they were set up, a few of the issues didn't appear until the first production test games went out. And are being dealt with.

LTG : )

#1355 3 years ago

O.K. i played the one Jack set up. It was low and slow. I mentioned the setup to him and he agreed he prefers a high pitch fast setup, but I did not push for an answer to why it wasnt set up the way he likes it. I don't have firsthand knowledge of how the others were set up at other events. Just the numerous firsthand accounts of those who have stated so. I'm just curious what reasons there might have been to set TH slow. To make it easier for beginners? More reliable? Forgive me, if this has been answered before.

#1356 3 years ago

Vintage Lloyd right there

"Well pardon me all to hell."

pardonme_(resized).png

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The polite response would be

If you think Lloyd is impolite, you must faint at the typical pinside responses...

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If you think Lloyd is impolite, you must faint at the typical pinside responses...

No, I just think Lloyd was less polite than his usual self.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Hey Guys, last chance to assume my order before I cancel on Monday. Details are the following:
Ordered directly through JJP with an estimated shipping time frame of June. Already cleared the swap through Jen, we just need to send her your info after the payment is made. Due now is what I have paid which is $6500. Total price is $8000 plus applicable shipping with the balance due right before it's ready to ship. It's for the Smaug version but I'm sure you could probably change to the LE if you really wanted to.
Let me know if you are interested and ready to move forward via PM and we can work out the details. If nothing gets finalized by Monday then I'm just going to ask Jen to cancel the order and send me over the refund but I thought this might help someone who may be interested in a Hobbit save a few bucks.
Jesse

PM Sent Jesse. Thanks.

#1360 3 years ago

Hobbits at the Allentown Pinfest - May 6 and 7 !

PinballSTAR Amusements will have probably 4 Hobbits at Allentown Pinfest in a few weeks. I will have a nice variety for everyone to evaluate the different models and options. I'm thinking 2 LEs, 2 Smaugs, one with Rad Cal decals, and one with the PF protector.

We always have a great variety in our booth and we're going for broke this year ! We'll have 10 booth spaces with about 30 different games we sell on display to play. Still working out logistics on a few marked as 'maybe' below.

We'll be doing the popular Spooky's Americas Most Haunted (AMH) CHARITY RAFFLE again. We will start that online next week, look for announcement. Proceeds go to the PinballSTAR children's hospital charity where we donate Wizard of Oz machines to children's hospitals. We have one going to UNC Children's Hospital in Chapel Hill NC this Tuesday 4/12 - via one we donated to Project Pinball. And another going in the next month or so to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Two donations made possible by these raffles and your support... THANK YOU.

JJP :
4 Hobbits - 2 LEs / 2 Smaugs
2 Wizard of Oz - Standard and Ruby Red 75th Anniversary

Planetary Pinball :
Medieval Madness Remake Standard (maybe !)

Chicago Gaming :
2 Arcade Legends (130 classic video games)
2 Ms Pac Man / Galaga

Spooky Pinball :
America's Most Haunted - Charity Raffle !
Rob Zombie (maybe !)

VP Cabs - Our newest manufacturer we represent ! Virtual Pinball !
SEE VP Cabs ON ABC's SHARK TANK on May 13th !!!
3 VP Cabs LE full size models
2 VP Cabs Mini models
9 VP Cabs NEW Vertigo vertical models with pinball AND video games !

Multimorphic - P3 - Lexy Lightspeed
We have offered space in our booth to our friends from Texas at Multimorphic to bring their revolutionary interchangeable multi-game pinball platform to Allentown for everyone to enjoy. (Maybe - still working out logistics)...

...nearly 30 games up and running for everyone to enjoy. Come see us. If you have any interest in preordering anything for delivery to the show please contact Joe Newhart at Sales@PinballSTAR.com or call 570-357-0042. I will offer show discounts we'll be offering at the show to anyone who is not local or not attending the show - just email us for your best pricing on any of the above games.

As one of the largest JJP distributors we are still selling from our Day 1 allotment of both Hobbit LE's and Hobbit Smaug SE's (a few still left). We also have WOZ Standards and 75th's IN STOCK.

With most games we represent we will be selling both NIB games and some of the show floor games (at a discount) - contact us prior if you'd like to reserve one. We can ship anywhere in the US...

Hope to see everyone at the show !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

#1361 3 years ago

If anyone can give me some help that would be great! I think my SE was Biult on a Monday first I set it up and the main screen was black I check all the connections they seem to be fine. Second the small screen is upside down. Third I played a couple games the way it was and the right flipper started working intermittently then got worse. The upper one is fine.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1362 3 years ago

Take a picture of the video connectors going into the motherboard?

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

If anyone can give me some help that would be great!

First thing is check power cable from back of monitor to where it goes into the lower rear of the cabinet. I'd follow the cable from the monitor down to be sure you got the right one. A connector came loose or wire in a connector. Then check the data cable from the monitor to the motherboard.

The flipper - check the leaf blade switches on the flipper button - might need adjusting.

Open a ticket for the upside down picture if you haven't done so yet since we talked.

#1364 3 years ago

Check the power to the monitor. There should be a power cable running to it. The reason the screen on the right is showing the main display and upside down is because the primary display isn't detected either because the video cable isn't connected or the monitor has no power.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

If anyone can give me some help that would be great! I think my SE was Biult on a Monday

There is a born on date written in gold marker on the back of the backbox

#1366 3 years ago

This guy gets almost 1MM on the Hobbit.

#1367 3 years ago

I hope these pics help and yep it was born on Monday lol

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1368 3 years ago

From what I can see from the pictures is that there is a shitload of technology in these games and my brain is way too puny to help. Lloyd is da man with the big brain, he'll be able to help.

QSS

#1369 3 years ago

I plugged in the little blue and white wire and bingo the screen works! Also the screen flipped the correct way thanks for the help!! After I play a couple balls the right lower flipper becomes weak I adjusted the button and it seemed to help a bit.

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

I plugged in the little blue and white wire and bingo the screen works! Also the screen flipped the correct way thanks for the help!! After I play a couple balls the right lower flipper becomes weak I adjusted the button and it seemed to help a bit.

Good catch! (and great forum troubleshooting from LTG and Pinchroma- as usual).

Gotta love the connectors that are completely unplugged! Its the damn ones that LOOK connected but have loosened a bit that are more hellish to find! Or when 1 lead has wriggled out of the connector.... ugh.

You are likely now logging 8 straight hours of gameplay and not reading this, but enjoy anyways!

#1371 3 years ago

Thanks again for all the help. I turned the right lower flipper to 32 and it is way better but still a little week

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Thanks again for all the help. I turned the right lower flipper to 32 and it is way better but still a little week

Its probably not but check to see if its binding in any way. Actuate it by hand and see if there is any sticking. I'm not sure if you have a multimeter but if you could check the voltage to both flippers that would help as well. I doubt there is an issue there but its worth a look.

#1373 3 years ago

I had some similar issues but I live in Seattle. I figure after shaking all the way across the country something will come loose. I had two connectors loose, the start button bulb fall out and power to the back box light actually pull out of the connector all together. I've bought a half dozen NIB. Stern and JJP (WOZ) and each one has had some issue. I just go through all the connectors now before hand to save me a lot of grief. I would probably fall apart as well if I had to sit in a back of a semi for 3k miles. Have fun with your new game!

#1374 3 years ago

Found the flipper problem the plastic sleeve inside the coil was about 3/16" shorter than the other. Also fonund a broken wire on a slingshot and on two LEDs! Thanks again for the ideas!!

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Found the flipper problem the plastic sleeve inside the coil was about 3/16" shorter than the other. Also fonund a broken wire on a slingshot and on two LEDs! Thanks again for the ideas!!

Your machine took a beating on the way there. We will get you squared away. Call frank Monday if you need a coil sleeve.

#1376 3 years ago

I only have one thing to say about the SE is WOW! Now I just have to learn how to keep my wife off it!

#1377 3 years ago

Not a bad problem to have. Have fun!

#1378 3 years ago

anyone have access to a waterjet or a cnc plasma cutter? i would like a surround made in brass for the sticker around the ring button.

#1379 3 years ago

Look at what I will have Friday night to play. My hobbit will be landing tomorrow.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1380 3 years ago

Hi!

Who has already the RADICALS?

we have to choose now if we want it or not.

but i could find no good pics if it is worth the 400$

could someone poste some pics, also how it look like at the front corners?

thx
tom

1 week later
#1381 3 years ago

Best score I can do so far.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Hi!
Who has already the RADICALS?
we have to choose now if we want it or not.
but i could find no good pics if it is worth the 400$
could someone poste some pics, also how it look like at the front corners?
thx
tom

You spend 8k on a machine and you question spending $400 on upgraded decals?
Plus it supports pinball so have to do it.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You spend 8k on a machine and you question spending $400 on upgraded decals?
Plus it supports pinball so have to do it.

I kind of felt the same way. The game is stunning as it is already though. Figure 1/2 of the cost should be recouped when or if I ever sell. My SE will have them and the playfield protector but I ordered in February 2013 so it'll be a couple months before I see it.

#1384 3 years ago

I played 6-8 games this weekend and really enjoyed it. Everything about the presentation is extraordinary.

Not enough games to fully judge the gameplay, but it shot extremely well. Flippers were strong, the ramps were easy to hit, and for the most part I felt in control when I was supposed to. My max score was about 400,000…I’m not a great player, but it was a satisfying experience.

I couldn’t really figure out how the modes worked. I could see when I was “qualifying” them, but I didn’t know what, if anything, I was supposed to do next. Something that will come with time, but it was a little frustrating to feel like a newbie again. I just don’t have the visual literacy yet to parse all of the information they present on both the huge screen and the book. Collecting dwarves was easy though.

The four trolls on the playfield will be crazy entertaining for casual players. I can see a lot of people dropping in a few bucks just to play whack-a-mole for a few minutes…very easy to understand what you’re supposed to do and quickly gets you to a multiball. Extremely clever.

So the game was fun overall, but there was at least one technical issue during every single game:
- Every fifth or so time I locked a ball for Smaug, the VUK couldn’t get the ball up. Extremely annoying.
- The worg “troll” popped down right when I hit it, causing the ball to wedge between the playfield and top of the mech. When it went into ball search the top piece was stuck up, impeding gameplay and causing at least two cheap drains. Luckily the operator was there and fixed it after I finished.
- The ball got stuck behind the orbit twice, but I was able to shake it free (1 warning, 1 tilt).
- It seems like the ball search takes a LONG time to initiate. So long that it felt like the game was broken. That was an issue, since I triggered it at leas three times in just a few games.
- The ball fell off the left habitrail return multiple times. Sometimes it got stuck to the left against the cabinet, sometimes it rolled off to the right and went a little wild.
- On a few occasions the ball bounced out of the right habitrail straight into the outline. Not sure if this is intended and I’m supposed to nudge when the ball drops.

It feels like these things can be easily remedied in the home environment, but made a poor impression on location.

Outside of those issues it really does feel luxurious and in a class by itself.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I played 6-8 games this weekend and really enjoyed it. Everything about the presentation is extraordinary.
Not enough games to fully judge the gameplay, but it shot extremely well. Flippers were strong, the ramps were easy to hit, and for the most part I felt in control when I was supposed to. My max score was about 400,000…I’m not a great player, but it was a satisfying experience.
I couldn’t really figure out how the modes worked. I could see when I was “qualifying” them, but I didn’t know what, if anything, I was supposed to do next. Something that will come with time, but it was a little frustrating to feel like a newbie again. I just don’t have the visual literacy yet to parse all of the information they present on both the huge screen and the book. Collecting dwarves was easy though.
The four trolls on the playfield will be crazy entertaining for casual players. I can see a lot of people dropping in a few bucks just to play whack-a-mole for a few minutes…very easy to understand what you’re supposed to do and quickly gets you to a multiball. Extremely clever.
So the game was fun overall, but there was at least one technical issue during every single game:
- Every fifth or so time I locked a ball for Smaug, the VUK couldn’t get the ball up. Extremely annoying.
- The worg “troll” popped down right when I hit it, causing the ball to wedge between the playfield and top of the mech. When it went into ball search the top piece was stuck up, impeding gameplay and causing at least two cheap drains. Luckily the operator was there and fixed it after I finished.
- The ball got stuck behind the orbit twice, but I was able to shake it free (1 warning, 1 tilt).
- It seems like the ball search takes a LONG time to initiate. So long that it felt like the game was broken. That was an issue, since I triggered it at leas three times in just a few games.
- The ball fell off the left habitrail return multiple times. Sometimes it got stuck to the left against the cabinet, sometimes it rolled off to the right and went a little wild.
- On a few occasions the ball bounced out of the right habitrail straight into the outline. Not sure if this is intended and I’m supposed to nudge when the ball drops.
It feels like these things can be easily remedied in the home environment, but made a poor impression on location.
Outside of those issues it really does feel luxurious and in a class by itself.

It was not set up correctly. I set my hobbit up perfectly and have had no issues you speak of. The rules are alot to learn. But I tell you the truth, once u figure it out, damn it's fun.

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I couldn’t really figure out how the modes worked. I could see when I was “qualifying” them, but I didn’t know what, if anything, I was supposed to do next. Something that will come with time, but it was a little frustrating to feel like a newbie again. I just don’t have the visual literacy yet to parse all of the information

For mode instructions just look at the book.
Or if you want to figure out what to shoot from with just the PF lights when check out to inserts that are inside the Scroll looking inserts. Book is better as it's usually more complicated then just hitting a ramp or lane

#1387 3 years ago

Talked to my Canadian distributor last week...He said he was told that a shipment of Hobbits was supposed to be inbound this week or next...

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Talked to my Canadian distributor last week...He said he was told that a shipment of Hobbits was supposed to be inbound this week or next...

The wait has to be killing you Canadians .....especially with no Canadian teams in the playoffs!!!

#1389 3 years ago

At least we got the raptors for a game or two more...

#1390 3 years ago

People still getting their machines? Seems a bit quite in here!

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

People still getting their machines? Seems a bit quite in here!

Got mine on April 15th. I agree, it is quite..

#1392 3 years ago

Would love to hear more reviews / see pictures of unboxings!

#1393 3 years ago

Hoping the quiet is because they are working on ones that will be shipping overseas. I think a container should be heading to Australia soon.

#1394 3 years ago

Mine got to the destination terminal today. I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow to schedule delivery.

#1395 3 years ago

I've got some pictures i forgot to upload.

I tried to upload original size but kept on getting errors.
Be sure to click on the image to see it in better size, as the normal resize dulls the colour down

IMG_5538_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5541_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5542_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5549_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5550_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5551_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5554_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5555_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5556_(2)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5535_(2)_(resized).jpg

#1396 3 years ago

Damn that powder coating looks nice!

#1397 3 years ago

I think I am switching my SE to an LE when the time comes.. red Smaug is better, powder is a better color and side art looks nicer..really awesome pics.

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I think I am switching my SE to an LE when the time comes.. red Smaug is better, powder is a better color and side art looks nicer..really awesome pics.

Hmmm, to each their own. Red Smaug looks a little better I agree, but powder and side art on the SE kill the LE. My opinion. The LE art looks like a high schooler's collage (especially that left side). It's good we have options.

#1399 3 years ago

I gotta chuckle when I see the under PF pics. Between the troll cages, the massive drop banks, the subway and the magnets it looks like it has a full blown hemi under the hood. Va-room baby!

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The LE art looks like a high schooler's collage (especially that left side).

Haha. That guy who is in the movie for 10 minutes and his huge tits is on my pinball forever!
I'll make sure the side that is showing is the right side!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
$ 27.50
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside