image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'll be at the factory to get ours Friday. Happy to post pics and info ! Stay tuned... Should be a fun day.
PinbsllSTAR Amusements
Authorized JJP Distributor
[email protected]
570-357-0042

How many are you picking up?

#852 8 years ago

844 posts later and TH is making it to people's doorsteps!

These are awesome machines folks. IMO these JJP machines will go down as some of the best designed and built ever. I know JJP has had its issues, but they are producing great products.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well since a tractor trailer load left yesterday, some people are going to get them.

I meant I wish mine was coming Thursday or Friday!

#854 8 years ago

I will have one for sale NIB if anyone is interested.Pm me.
I was told that mine is due to be shipped to me within a couple of weeks.

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I will have one for sale NIB if anyone is interested.Pm me.

10k by Easter?

#856 8 years ago

So the truck left on Tuesday and no one is expected to get theirs today??

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So the truck left on Tuesday and no one is expected to get theirs today??

They are too busy taking delivery and dancing around the cardboard box in the middle of their living room.

#858 8 years ago

Who got a call from JJP or your distributor saying your hobbit is on the way to you??

#859 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Who got a call from JJP or your distributor saying your hobbit is on the way to you??

maybe this is like the Moon Landing...

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

maybe this is like the Moon Landing...

I'm just saying a truck went out on Tuesday with Hobbits on it. Someone should have theirs today! Also, no one can say they got the call???? What's going on here.

#861 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What's going on here.

The people they went to aren't on Pinside? or they haven't posted anything yet? They are going to open the box this weekend with some friends?

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I got the call from JJP.

Tracking is kind of generic. Scheduled for tomorrow ( Friday the 11th )

LTG : )

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I got the call from JJP.
Tracking is kind of generic. Scheduled for tomorrow ( Friday the 11th )

You work for JJP right? I mean customers like me who have nothing to do with JJP.

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You work for JJP right? I mean customers like me who have nothing to do with JJP.

When did you order yours?

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes. And I would have liked one a lot sooner to familiarize myself with the game before tech calls come in.

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. And I would have liked one a lot sooner to familiarize myself with the game before tech calls come in.

That would have been nice for you

#867 8 years ago

Delivered. Headed to Waunakee, wi for the next couple of days for a tournament, then to texas for tpf, back to wisconsin for mgc, then who knows.

20160310_153351_(resized).jpg20160310_153351_(resized).jpg

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Delivered. Headed to Waunakee, wi for the next couple of days for a tournament, then to texas for tpf, back to wisconsin for mgc, then who knows.

20160310_153351_(resized).jpg

Woo hoo! Is the machine traveling with you to all those places?

#869 8 years ago

Yes. Texas as a spectator and mgc as a vendor.

#870 8 years ago

Congrats Christopher! Tell us all about it once you get some games on her!

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Congrats Christopher! Tell us all about it once you get some games on her!

it is probably going to be played non stop for the next three days (during business hours) since there is already a 64 person tournament being held at the same time and place. i am sure there will be a couple of guys/gals coming on here and talking about it.

#872 8 years ago

It's starting to look like those who are affiliated with and /or those who are distributors are the only ones who've been contacted. I called today assuming that one of the pins that shipped was mine. I come to find out that it's not shipping out til later next week into early the following week. She stated that she'll be calling all owners when their pin are ready to ship.

Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm just saying a truck went out on Tuesday with Hobbits on it. Someone should have theirs today! Also, no one can say they got the call???? What's going on here.

I'm assuming that nobody who's not affiliated has gotten a call. Who knows...

#873 8 years ago

Frankly, I never want a pin this early in the run. I'm in on TH, but I'll gladly wait a couple months if it means they resolve whatever crops up as these hit the streets.

In a similar situation, I know I'll get one of the first P3 machines that hit the streets and it makes me really nervous for the same reasons.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I got the call a couple of days ago but am waiting for a couple of friend's machines to be completed to save money with a group ship.

Like seeing your food sitting under the heat lamp at the restaurant waiting to be picked up.....arghh.

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It's starting to look like those who are affiliated with and /or those who are distributors are the only ones who've been contacted. I called today assuming that one of the pins that shipped was mine. I come to find out that it's not shipping out til later next week into early the following week. She stated that she'll be calling all owners when their pin are ready to ship.

Exactly my point. None of these that were shipped were for REGULAR CUSTOMERS. So really, shipping has not begun. Just my thoughts.

#876 8 years ago

This just popped up on CL:

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Apparently the seller is not waiting for Christmas!!!

#877 8 years ago

^ $11k by Christmas ^

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

This just popped up on CL:
" target="_blank">pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
Apparently the seller is not waiting for Christmas!!!

Talked to friend in pittsburgh he said the pic is from his hobbit so someone took his pic used it for the add. Flagged

#880 8 years ago

I know your pal well, flagged and gone the ad is. Some people.

#881 8 years ago

Here is my Smuag

Drinking scotch waiting to play pinball...

But it isn't my Smaug LE

#882 8 years ago

Wow. Stunning

#883 8 years ago

So I must be going crazy or really wanting my hobbit. I stepped outside of work today and walked to my truck. Saw a red truck going down the road by the GR airport with a pinball shaped box that I swear was jjp. Maybe it was a woz maybe a hobbit...maybe a washing machine? Anybody in GR get one yet?? Very excited for this game!

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There are already two in Raleigh and one of them is being delivered to Boxcar today.

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

There are already two in Raleigh and one of them is being delivered to Boxcar today.

Sweet! Expect them to have it plugged-in and running by tomorrow?

the ONE thing i don't like about boxcar is their hours... I'd love to stop in there over lunch...
ok, the OTHER thing is they had WoZ setup pretty hard last time i was there

#886 8 years ago

If they have it ready I will be there tomorrow.

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If they have it ready I will be there tomorrow.

Same.... they open earlier on Saturdays right, like noon or 1?

Since I gave JJP so much shit for getting this out so late, first games (and a beer to go with it) on me for any pinsiders at boxcars tomorrow!

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Same.... they open earlier on Saturdays right, like noon or 1?
Since I gave JJP so much shit for getting this out so late, first games (and a beer to go with it) on me for any pinsiders at boxcars tomorrow!

Not sure. I have only been there once (on a weekday) and it opened at 4 or 5 PM I think. I emailed Boxcar to ask if The Hobbit is there and will be ready for public play tomorrow. No reply yet. I will give them a call tonight and see if I can get an answer over the phone.

I will be there with my son (14) if I can get away from my weekend plans for a few hours.

EDIT: There is a good chocolate factory right across the street - so after pinball I will be sure to grab some over priced chocolate

#889 8 years ago

Now I am wondering if I should just go over there tonight.

EDIT: I called them, and yes they have The Hobbit - and people are playing it right now. Also they have GOT and TWD (two that I have been wanting to play as well). So I will be there tomorrow at noon (if not later tonight)

#890 8 years ago

Still not consumers.

#891 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Now I am wondering if I should just go over there tonight.
EDIT: I called them, and yes they have The Hobbit - and people are playing it right now. Also they have GOT and TWD (two that I have been wanting to play as well). So I will be there tomorrow at noon (if not later tonight)

Yes, I noticed the same thing when i just went to their website (open at noon tomorrow, btw).

I still havent play GoT, so its a no-brainer trip for me!

(I was thinking Id have to haul ass out to Flippers to see both games anytime soon).

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here is my Smuag
Drinking scotch waiting to play pinball...
» YouTube video
But it isn't my Smaug LE

That is awesome....now I'm gonna have to blow some money on that since there is no topper on TH.....

#893 8 years ago

Watch the hobbit streamed live in just a few mins!

https://www.twitch.tv/thisflippinpodcast

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I was told mine is one of the pins shipping out and It's an SE. Hope this helps

Same here

#896 8 years ago

That Hobbit stream is very cool. The game play on Hobbit looks super fun from watching this. Certainly no issues with speed or weak flippers. LCD looks great. Pin overall looks fantastic. I can't wait to play one of these bad boys. Glad to see that they are shipping!

#897 8 years ago

Hobbit is there at boxcar. I was wrong. Only one of the two arrived. The other is soon. It will end up at Pantana's. I was talking with two of the guys from Capital Games.

Here is a picture of Hobbit at Boxcar

IMAG0652_(resized).jpgIMAG0652_(resized).jpg

#898 8 years ago

#899 8 years ago

Who has the best shipped price on the Hobbit?

#900 8 years ago

Glad to see these are shipping. Congrats to those who saw this through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.