Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.
#801 4 years ago

Looks like there is a deed of title stuck to the glass?
their version of the certificate of authenticity?

Smaugs mouth isn't working?

Also i didn't know there was a divertor in the middle of the Fishtail ramps. Is that currently used in the code?

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hell has froze over!

Really? No more tired red dots from Stern? Will GB actually resemble a pin from the modern era? No? I didn't think so.

#803 4 years ago

Hey, that one in the picture is going to SS Billiards!

#804 4 years ago

This game looks better and better every time I see some more footage.

I also didn't realize there was a diverter at the top of the ramps to force a u turn. And u can hit the beasts from the back also - "back stab". I wonder if a u turn from the ramps could make a deliberate back stab to one of the trolls? How cool would that be?

So many people criticize the game for being wide open and nothing to do. There is so much going on in this game, it's just not in your face. It's subtle but clever. With the coding wizardry of KJ, this game will be a true classic.

I also don't buy the " movies are so old now and they were so bad that the theme is not relevant" argument. The Hobbit for me is timeless - it's about the world created by the book which was created decades before the movie. The book always was and still is a classic. The movies may have failed, but the book and theme are no worse as a result.

I haven't even seen the movies and I love this theme.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I also don't buy the "the movie is so old now the theme is not relevant" argument. The Hobbit for me is timeless -

Ghostbusters is older than the Hobbit films and Stern will sell a pile of them (if it ever gets announced).

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Ghostbusters is older than the Hobbit films and Stern will sell a pile of them (if it ever gets announced).

Hobbit is now shipping, so should be in the next 24 hours

#807 4 years ago

Exactly - and the new movie also looks really bad. Hasn't stopped everyone getting a h**d on for Stern's GB.

#808 4 years ago

Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly - and the new movie also looks really bad. Hasn't stopped everyone getting a h**d on for Stern's GB.

I won't buy one!!!

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This game looks better and better every time I see some more footage.

Looks great, hope it plays great too and doesn't have any out of the box issues.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like there is a deed of title stuck to the glass?
their version of the certificate of authenticity?

Smaugs mouth isn't working?

Didn't seem to, let's hope this isn't typical.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Really? No more tired red dots from Stern? Will GB actually resemble a pin from the modern era? No? I didn't think so.

No need to troll in a positive-toned hobbit thread.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Then I suggest you exit.

#813 4 years ago

Here we go...

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

worst cartwheel ever

You should see mine then - Jack's will look amazing in comparison.

Glad to see after all that's happened over the last few years Jack is still smiling and having fun delivering games to people to PLAY

#815 4 years ago

Nah. Not happening Jim . It's a great day.

#816 4 years ago

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nah. Not happening Jim . It's a great day.

It is indeed! Jen told me my Smaug will ship next week!

#818 4 years ago

So March 8th, 2016 - Hobbit's being 'officially' shipping to customers.

NICE! Looking forward to playing this game with family and friends and wondering what machine will be next

#819 4 years ago

Ramp issue fixed and back out the door in a few weeks time?

Congrats JJP!

**crossing fingers Flippers in Grandy, NC is high on the list**

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Congrats JJP!

As soon as you find out let me know - and I'll make a B line for the coast.

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Get lost then!!!!

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

worst cartwheel ever

Better than mine. Hell, I broke my foot going down a single stair, if I tried to do a cartwheel I'd probably end up in traction for 6 months!

#823 4 years ago

Youtube version of IGN's video

#824 4 years ago

It is indeed! Jen told me my Smaug will ship next week!

Congrats on the awesome news!

Here's a question concerning code: Jack has mentioned a few times before that the game will ship with code ~75% complete, maybe more. But the reports/reviews that are coming in from pinheads who played TH in the wild mention games are still running on rudimentary code. Does anyone know if this will be addressed when the pins ship? It seems to me the code should be far along at this point and rather refined given the production delays. Any insights?

#825 4 years ago

So now that the games have started to ship, how long are we looking at until the first ones arrive at the buyers doorsteps? Do you think we will see some unboxing and impressions by the weekend?

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Congrats on the awesome news!
Here's a question concerning code: Jack has mentioned a few times before that the game will ship with code ~75% complete, maybe more. But the reports/reviews that are coming in from pinheads who played TH in the wild mention games are still running on rudimentary code. Does anyone know if this will be addressed when the pins ship? It seems to me the code should be far along at this point and rather refined given the production delays. Any insights?

No insights really.
But Keith has worked on Pindemption which dragged him off the Hobbit. He also has done a lot of work on WoZ recently.
I think Jack said at the comic book event that the code should be dropped about 2~3 weeks from now? Not sure how true that is. He mentioned it was about 75% or so complete about a year ago...so Keith probably just wants to release it in one big go instead of in dribs and drabs?

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

So now that the games have started to ship, how long are we looking at until the first ones arrive at the buyers doorsteps? Do you think we will see some unboxing and impressions by the weekend?

most likely. shipping usually only takes a couple of days. Mine will be here thursday by 5pm.

#828 4 years ago

Remember:

List date u rec'd
Who you got it from
When you ordered it

Pics, videos and reviews of course.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Remember:
List date u rec'd
Who you got it from
When you ordered it

well, i am a distributor...

ordered 11/28/2012
received 03/10/2016
ordered from KingPin Games

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think Jack said at the comic book event that the code should be dropped about 2~3 weeks from now? Not sure how true that is. He mentioned it was about 75% or so complete about a year ago...so Keith probably just wants to release it in one big go instead of in dribs and drabs?

Im a bit surprised the code isn't further along.... no just because Jack used to make a big deal about shipping code 100% (as a dig towards Stern) but more because of the massive delays?

Assuming the delays for the last 15 months have been (as they have said) to improved the artwork (which they have), one would think that extra time would have allowed them to get WAY ahead on code?

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Congrats JJP!

One will end up at Boxcar in Raleigh. Craig has two that are shipping to him soon.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

From Facebook:

image_(resized).jpeg

I like how this one shows an actual pin inside the box. Anyone recall the empty WOZ box photos?

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Im a bit surprised the code isn't further along.... no just because Jack used to make a big deal about shipping code 100% (as a dig towards Stern) but more because of the massive delays?
Assuming the delays for the last 15 months have been (as they have said) to improved the artwork (which they have), one would think that extra time would have allowed them to get WAY ahead on code?

Or give an opening to perfect the WoZ code even more

I am stunned the level of tweaking that is taking place on the WoZ code. I am sure TH will get a good update once a lot more people get their paws on the machine. I probably wouldn't want to do too much at this point if the release was imminent. Once the masses get it, feedback will be flying through the door.

Very exciting times for all of you!

Have fun!

#834 4 years ago

Who is expected to get their Hobbits Thursday or Friday?

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Who is expected to get their Hobbits Thursday or Friday?

I wish!

#836 4 years ago

Well since a tractor trailer load left yesterday, some people are going to get them.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

ordered 11/28/2012
received 03/10/2016

1198 days!

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

ordered 11/28/2012
received 03/10/2016

Are those games spoken for?

#839 4 years ago

Makes sense....

btw:
The Empire State Building was constructed in 410 days....so, about 1/3 the time to build the Hobbit. But then again, it doesn't have an LCD display....

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Makes sense....
btw:
The Empire State Building was constructed in 410 days....so, about 1/3 the time to build the Hobbit. But then again, it doesn't have an LCD display....

List of things the TH has that the Empire state Building doesn't:

11 unprecedented full control drop targets
4 pop-up beast targets
4 ball diverters
2 magnets for catching/diverting balls
Player controlled kickback ball launch
31 totally different modes giving unprecedented breath
4 player selectable drop targets
Ring button with constantly changing game context sensitive uses
3 mini wizard modes
3 major wizard modes
1 super wizard mode
Industry leading graphics on 1080p monitor
Over 60 full rgb inserts
Bunch of white gi
Epic Soundtrack from 2 Steps to hell.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Remember:
List date u rec'd
Who you got it from
When you ordered it

I ordered mine Monday - getting it tomorrow (Golem edition)

#842 4 years ago

Anyone actually know how far along the code is considered to be at this point? Don't expect it to be finished, but curious where it stands as of shipping.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ok, good points....

As far as weight, they're probably about even?

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

4 pop-up beast targets
4 ball diverters
2 magnets for catching/diverting balls
Player controlled kickback ball launch
31 totally different modes giving unprecedented breath
4 player selectable drop targets
Ring button with constantly changing game context sensitive uses
3 mini wizard modes
3 major wizard modes
1 super wizard mode
Industry leading graphics on 1080p monitor
Over 60 full rgb inserts
Bunch of white gi
Epic Soundtrack from 2 Steps to hell.

What exactly are the wizard modes? I'm looking at this rule chart, but it feels like its not very complete. Just how to get to multiballs and score multipiers.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I ordered mine Monday - getting it tomorrow (Golem edition)

Good for you but would suck for ALOT of people..

#846 4 years ago

Congrats to all

#847 4 years ago

Wow, What a long ride. It's going to feel weird when my Hobbit lands on my door step. A little sureal. 3 years. A lot has happened to my family in 3 years. I can't imagine how long this 3 years has been for those that have been trying to get this pin out the door. If anyone asked me 3 years ago, if I could wait this long, I think I would tell them, nope. There has been a lot of posts here on pinside, both positive and negative. It is great it is coming to an end. Now the fun part starts. Getting games, getting updates on code, which makes the game better and better (assuming it's similar to the experience with Woz). I hope everyone enjoys the game when it gets to them. Bring on #3, but without the wait.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Wow, What a long ride. It's going to feel weird when my Hobbit lands on my door step. A little sureal. 3 years. A lot has happened to my family in 3 years. I can't imagine how long this 3 years has been for those that have been trying to get this pin out the door. If anyone asked me 3 years ago, if I could wait this long, I think I would tell them, nope. There has been a lot of posts here on pinside, both positive and negative. It is great it is coming to an end. Now the fun part starts. Getting games, getting updates on code, which makes the game better and better (assuming it's similar to the experience with Woz). I hope everyone enjoys the game when it gets to them. Bring on #3, but without the wait.

Yep, congrats on the wait, feels like Woz for me but hopefully, this time, it will mark turning the corner for JJP.

They need to ship these, get rolling, start Lawlor's pin, and never look back.

#849 4 years ago

I'll be at the factory to get ours Friday. Happy to post pics and info ! Stay tuned... Should be a fun day.

PinbsllSTAR Amusements
Authorized JJP Distributor
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What exactly are the wizard modes? I'm looking at this rule chart, but it feels like its not very complete. Just how to get to multiballs and score multipiers.

No idea. Just copy and paste what Keith said a month ago.
There are 3 inserts close to the flippers which I am guessing are the mini wizards modes? Arkenstone modes?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minnetrista, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside