Topic Stats

• 1,529 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image2 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg

There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 31.
#601 4 years ago

I can't wait to play this at TPF. Right now I am back and forth between this and WOZ for my next game.

I wonder if anyone will have some for sale @ TPF?

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I can't wait to play this at TPF. Right now I am back and forth between this and WOZ for my next game.

At TPF, I think you should be able to order a WOZ from distributor's stock or right from Jack and have delivery within a few days. TH will be available for order too. The trick with ordering TH is to check around with distributors to see when they can deliver based on when they are receiving their allotment and how many of them are already sold.

You can't go wrong with either game!

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I will have both my personal Wizard of Oz Limited Edition and my personal The Hobbit Limited Edition (pretty sure i will have it by then) so that you can play both. There are a couple of local Texas distributors to talk to (even though i am a JJP distributor, i will not step on another's toes that is not in my local area). i will answer any questions you have, but i will then direct you over to the local distributor (unless you are from the upper midwest, then we can discuss other options)

Can't wait to play it and watch others play it.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I will have both my personal Wizard of Oz Limited Edition and my personal The Hobbit Limited Edition (pretty sure i will have it by then) so that you can play both. There are a couple of local Texas distributors to talk to (even though i am a JJP distributor, i will not step on another's toes that is not in my local area). i will answer any questions you have, but i will then direct you over to the local distributor (unless you are from the upper midwest, then we can discuss other options)
Can't wait to play it and watch others play it.

That sounds great! I really appreciate that you are bringing your own personal games, thanks! Will you have a booth?

#605 4 years ago

I saw the photos of the broken ramps on Hobbit and wondering what the thought is on them breaking? I'm restoring a TFTC and the left metal ramp had a broken weld just the the Hobbit, but TFTC is over 20 years old and this one has had thousands of plays on route. Should a ramp weld break so soon? Even if the idea is to get a few out in the wild and playtested, could a stronger ramp be manufactured at this point if it's determined to be an issue?

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I saw the photos of the broken ramps on Hobbit and wondering what the thought is on them breaking? I'm restoring a TFTC and the left metal ramp had a broken weld just the the Hobbit, but TFTC is over 20 years old and this one has had thousands of plays on route. Should a ramp weld break so soon? Even if the idea is to get a few out in the wild and playtested, could a stronger ramp be manufactured at this point if it's determined to be an issue?

You are speaking of that which should not be spoken of.

Prepare to be banned!

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Saw that too! I guess we really don't know the full story yet but it will definitely be something to keep an eye out for. I thought about calling up to that location and asking, to be honest - I just haven't gotten around to it today. My fingers are crossed this was just an isolated incident / fluke but whatever happens I have no doubt that JJP will make it right based on my own experiences with them and those of other WoZ owners I've talked to.

The ramps really look nice, if the play-testing did find a weakness(i'm not saying it did), additional tacks of weld won't be the end of the world.
Also, PS: a good thread on this was started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/th-ramp-issue-at-jackbar-in-nyc-photos

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

The ramps really look nice, if the play-testing did find a weakness(i'm not saying it did), additional tacks of weld won't be the end of the world.

How much more expensive would 1-piece ramps be?

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

How much more expensive would 1-piece ramps be?

Dunno? My uneducated guess is that it was a style decision not a cost decision. But.. I'm uneducated.. (Will take this to the other thread.)

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

additional tacks of weld won't be the end of the world.

Oh, yeah, a few additional welds could do the trick too if this was an issue.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

Saw that too! I guess we really don't know the full story yet but it will definitely be something to keep an eye out for. I thought about calling up to that location and asking, to be honest - I just haven't gotten around to it today. My fingers are crossed this was just an isolated incident / fluke but whatever happens I have no doubt that JJP will make it right based on my own experiences with them and those of other WoZ owners I've talked to.
Also, PS: a good thread on this was started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/th-ramp-issue-at-jackbar-in-nyc-photos

tacks of weld wont fix this problem

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

tacks of weld wont fix this problem

It will certainly improve the longevity though with more weld points. TZ scoop had same issue, not enough tack welds.

#613 4 years ago

Nearly every Data East game I've owned had a busted tacked weld at a ramp entrance.

#614 4 years ago

for those playing on location heaps... Are there any multiballs programmed besides the main smaug one?

And has anyone progressed to a mini wizard mode?

#615 4 years ago

Any news ?

#616 4 years ago

ramps are being fixed for all the machines on the line.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

ramps are being fixed for all the machines on the line.

Not fixed, replaced.

LTG : )

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not fixed, replaced.

So how much is this going to slow things down? I guess no Hobbits being released in February.

#619 4 years ago

Ohhhh

#620 4 years ago

I think JJP is doing the right thing here. Imagine how much crap they would get sending something out that is likely to break. I want my Hobbit but am happy to wait another couple weeks for it. Besides they are probably still building them now and just setting them aside for the new ramps. They do have a rather large facility by all accounts so the delay is probably just for the people that would be getting the ones that are ready to ship.

#621 4 years ago

Any Hobbit owners considering disabling the upper right flipper?

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So how much is this going to slow things down?

As posted earlier by a JJP tech, it will take about 10 hours / scratch that, my memory sucks and I didn't review the previous post prior to making mine... 40 minutes to remove the old ramps per game, and estimated to be about the same time to put the replacement ones in.

There's about 40 lined up waiting for that to happen before they go out. It doesn't sound like there will be much of a delay at all to me. LTG says maybe a week or 2 extra.

#623 4 years ago

Sorry, to say this but it's amazing how long this thread... and game to get out has gone... I felt stupid for asking for my money back almost one year ago (I was an original Nov 2012 depsositor) ... got back in on a distributor last November being told any day now... I just don't see how JJP stays afloat after "2 investors".. got my deposit back (again)..at this point it's obvious THLE/Smaug at best, like WOZLE, will be only an OK/slightly good game and not really out for at best several months... and so back to how does JJP survive..

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

As posted earlier by a JJP tech, it will take about 10 hours per game to make the ramp switch.

If you mean me ? 40 minutes to remove each ramp. Already done. I don't know how long to install a new ramp. Though I don't suspect longer than removal.

So I would guess ( my guess ) a week or two delay. Including getting the new ramps.

#625 4 years ago

Yes LTG, I meant you, sorry my memory is terrible / I'm too distracted at the moment. Thank you for clarifying. I've edited my previous post to reflect my mistake.

Thank you for being here to help sort out the questions. It's always better to have someone in the know comment rather than have to deal with pages of speculation.

#626 4 years ago

Can't wait to get my Hobbit!

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

at this point it's obvious THLE/Smaug at best, like WOZLE, will be only an OK/slightly good game

Obvious??? Please, do go on. I'd love for you to expound on this.

#628 4 years ago

This thread needs more of this.

hobbit_map_dress_(resized).jpg

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

This thread needs more of this.

hobbit_map_dress_(resized).jpg

But less of those boots.....

Great to see JJP doing the right thing and replacing the ramps. Thank god for test games.

Just wondering if Stern still puts games out on test locations? If not how do they do real world testing?

#630 4 years ago

Sorry to hear about the ramp problems. But glad they discovered it in time.

My guess would be that it is not the installation that takes time. Getting new ramps, is probably (just a guess) what will delay the first ones going out a bit.

Hoping that this will not be too costly for JJP. Is it completely new ramps or just some added protection?

#631 4 years ago

I'm hoping for both.

#632 4 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the area that has the issue?

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

.at this point it's obvious THLE/Smaug at best, like WOZLE, will be only an OK/slightly good game

Says a person who obviously has not had the good fortune of being able to play a Hobbit prototype or one out in an east coast arcade for testing. It's okay, we'll enjoy it without you.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Says a person who obviously has not had the good fortune of being able to play a Hobbit prototype or one out in an east coast arcade for testing. It's okay, we'll enjoy it without you.

I have and I agreed with him, but it's never informative to me when people argue over subjective things.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I have and I agreed with him, but it's never informative to me when people argue over subjective things.

Since you're in agreement please tell us why it's obvious, at best, it will be only an OK/slightly good game. Still waiting to hear PBInTheSouth's explanation.

#637 4 years ago

Uhh, because I wasn't crazy about it when I played it? Wtf dude, back your scrawny ass up.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Uhh, because I wasn't crazy about it when I played it? Wtf dude, back your scrawny ass up.

Suck it up Big Dog! How bout some details? What specifically made it obvious it will only ever be OK/slightly good??

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Suck it up Big Dog! How bout some details? What specifically made it obvious it will only ever be OK/slightly good??

Oh Pinside

#640 4 years ago

Everybody's slingin' shit and wondering why it stinks in here.

#641 4 years ago

Spoke with JJP, says ramps have been addressed/updated/replaced and looks like customer games start shipping 2nd of week of March. Very exciting.

#642 4 years ago

#643 4 years ago

Not looking for a dissertation or anything. What is this obvious thing that will keep TH from ever being good?

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Spoke with JJP, says ramps have been addressed/updated/replaced and looks like customer games start shipping 2nd of week of March. Very exciting.

Thanks mnpinball. I guess that equates to sometime next week. I like the sound of that even better!

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Not looking for a dissertation or anything. What is this obvious thing that will keep TH from ever being good?

The upper flipper!

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

The upper flipper!

I was expecting the first reply to be "Jersey Jack"!

#648 4 years ago

Bozemarlin and emkay: please continue your discussion/debate via pm and not on the public board. Thanks.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bozemarlin and emkay: please continue your discussion/debate via pm and not on the public board. Thanks.

Good grief. Guy post that it's obvious TH will ever only be OK and another guy said he agreed. I just asked for an explanation/specifics as to why it's obvious TH will never be good. On topic no? No debate by me. I simply asked for an explanation. If someone states TH will never be good and that it's obvious it won't ever be good what's wrong with asking for them to explain a statement like that??

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

If someone states TH will never be good and that it's obvious it won't ever be good what's wrong with asking for them to explain a statement like that??

This reminds me of the frustration I sometimes feel with the way people decide to rate a game horribly just because they don't like the theme or they played it once and couldn't score better than a 2 year old. There's often very little substance to help explain what the real issue is, and when that happens I usually just assume the reviewer is probably an idiot and their opinion probably doesn't matter at all.

The Hobbit is a fantastic masterpiece. Sure, there's probably a small thing or two people won't like, say, a third flipper if they can't find a logical reason for having it there or a way to make use of it when they're playing. But overall, there aren't really any other machines on the market with so much technology packed into them that are built solid like this that I can see. Pinball machines all feel pretty cheap to me ever since we lost Williams, Bally and Midway, but the JJP ones don't feel that way at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
There are 1529 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside