image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

She just informed me of this after I ordered the extra head assuming I was going to inquire about it. Knowing my machine was made already and was told before that the head was going to ship separately, I knew I had time. Besides, I didn't like how dirty the playfield protector looked after so many plays on it. Same goes for the RasCals...they make the pin look like a cheap hooker. Not that I know what a cheap hooker looks like

Yay for extra head, tata & hookers

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Yay for extra head, tata & hookers

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Spoke with Jen again today about extras on the pin. I opted for the red Smaug and that I was too late for any playfield mods. This is exactly what is happening. There are 80+ (one is mine) that are already assembled and when they get the go ahead from their testers, they'll be boxed up and shipped right out. Like you said, easier to deal with any issues while there still at the factory. She mentioned that the testing has been so positive thus far, that they may be shipping them as early as next week!

I have not been able to get confirmation from Jen or the distributor that XX pin is on the line and confirming "shipping order". How are you getting this confirmation that yours is on the line and in first batch to be shipped? Every time I ask I just get a stock answer and that no set delivery schedules for the distributor have been confirmed yet?

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I have not been able to get confirmation from Jen or the distributor that XX pin is on the line and confirming "shipping order". How are you getting this confirmation that yours is on the line and in first batch to be shipped? Every time I ask I just get a stock answer and that no set delivery schedules for the distributor have been confirmed yet?

You answered your own question. Mine's coming directly from JJP as I was a PIF day one buyer. That she reached out to me to let me know that it was done and waiting for final testing. Later when I called about the extra head, she mentioned that it's too late to add anything to it. JJP is my distributor and is doing what all distributors do when they're about to ship...inform the buyer! You purchased through a distributor. I would assume, considering your distributor did not contact you, that yours is not near completion yet. Thus not having your questions answered makes sense to me. I don't know how Jen would be able to comment on what your distributors actions may be. She only has to answer to your distributor and then your distributor has to answer to you. I would also assume it's not in Jen's best interest to answer for your distributor. Especially not knowing where you fall into his buying list. And if your distributor doesn't have any answers yet for you...well...Here's hoping that that you get one this year!

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Later when I called about the extra head, she mentioned that it's too late to add anything to it.

Were you going to switch heads, put the LE head onto the SE (or vice versa)? And apologies if you advised of this but what was your order date?

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Were you going to switch heads, put the LE head onto the SE (or vice versa)? And apologies if you advised of this but what was your order date?

I have an Se coming. I bought it just have it. Maybe make a topper out of it or do something else with it. Order date was 11/26/12 invoice # 3042.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

You answered your own question. Mine's coming directly from JJP as I was a PIF day one buyer. That she reached out to me to let me know that it was done and waiting for final testing. Later when I called about the extra head, she mentioned that it's too late to add anything to it. JJP is my distributor and is doing what all distributors do when they're about to ship...inform the buyer! You purchased through a distributor. I would assume, considering your distributor did not contact you, that yours is not near completion yet. Thus not having your questions answered makes sense to me. I don't know how Jen would be able to comment on what your distributors actions may be. She only has to answer to your distributor and then your distributor has to answer to you. I would also assume it's not in Jen's best interest to answer for your distributor. Especially not knowing where you fall into his buying list. And if your distributor doesn't have any answers yet for you...well...Here's hoping that that you get one this year!

So is this assuming everyone that ordered directly with JJP is getting their game before people who went through a distributor? I'm sure I am in a huge group of people that ordered with a distributor that had "day one" orders and were assured they were "first in line" once shipping. I know you don't hold these answers but I also find it frustrating that now I can't get direct answers about a more firm shipping timeline from my distributor or JJP, they obviously have to tentatively have a plan in place of the production and shipping order by now? Just venting and hoping someone else maybe got some more clear answers from their distributor or JJP than I have.

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So is this assuming everyone that ordered directly with JJP is getting their game before people who went through a distributor? I'm sure I am in a huge group of people that ordered with a distributor that had "day one" orders and were assured they were "first in line" once shipping. I know you don't hold these answers but I also find it frustrating that now I can't get direct answers about a more firm shipping timeline from my distributor or JJP, they obviously have to tentatively have a plan in place of the production and shipping order by now? Just venting and hoping someone else maybe got some more clear answers from their distributor or JJP than I have.

I can appreciate your frustration, Bemmett. We've all been waiting for a long time for this pin. I think you should contact your distributor. Like TaTa, I ordered directly from JJP in December of 2013. Jen told me about a week or so ago that I can expect to receive my game in May. Of course, it's a live process so I don't expect that date is a stone cold lock, but reasonably close as to when I should see my game. JJP will likely defer to your distributor which (I assume) is why Jen has been vague concerning the details.

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

is why Jen has been vague concerning the details.

Agree, to Jen the distributor is their customer and they would know approximately when the distributor should receive their games but what JJP doesn't know is where anyone sits on the Distributor's list. Also, your Dist. (tired of spelling it out) may have place more then one order so, hypothetically, the Dist. could've placed an order of 10 machines on day one and sold them out and places another order two weeks (months or whatever) later so they could have multiple shipping dates. Again, JJP would have no idea where you lie on the Dist. list!

bemmett when did you order?

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree, to Jen the distributor is their customer and they would know approximately when the distributor should receive their games but what JJP doesn't know is where anyone sits on the Distributor's list. Also, your Dist. (tired of spelling it out) may have place more then one order so, hypothetically, the Dist. could've placed an order of 10 machines on day one and sold them out and places another order two weeks (months or whatever) later so they could have multiple shipping dates. Again, JJP would have no idea where you lie on the Dist. list!
bemmett when did you order?

Quick update, Jen did get back to me again and had more exact information to provide(actually saw these posts on Pinside and contacted me, so kudos to her), didn't have the distributor lists at the time I talked to her but now did and got a more accurate estimate for my place in production. Thanks JJP, hoping those start rolling off the line soon and everyone is getting games soon.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Quick update, Jen did get back to me again and had more exact information to provide(actually saw these posts on Pinside and contacted me, so kudos to her), didn't have the distributor lists at the time I talked to her but now did and got a more accurate estimate for my place in production. Thanks JJP, hoping those start rolling off the line soon and everyone is getting games soon.

I'm really glad she got back to you. She's a very special person and cares very much for her customers. It does get frustrating not knowing what's going on. Hopefully, her calling you put your mind to rest.

#562 8 years ago

Jen is the best!

#563 8 years ago

Maybe it should be Jersey Jen Pinball

#564 8 years ago

Jen probably has one of the most difficult jobs at JJP. I can only imagine the amount of time she spends answering the phone writing emails just on.......... When is my game going to ship? For her sanity, I hope games start shipping soon! She's definitely an asset for JJP.

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Jen probably has one of the most difficult jobs at JJP. I can only imagine the amount of time she spends answering the phone writing emails just on.......... When is my game going to ship? For her sanity, I hope games start shipping soon! She's definitely an asset for JJP.

Her and Keith, who has to take a Balcer design and somehow make it fun.

#566 8 years ago

Saw this

Video is a bit blurry, and ball gets stuck a couple of times but still a new video

#567 8 years ago

For all you doubting Thomases those flippers look like they have plenty of snap.

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

For all you doubting Thomases those flippers look like they have plenty of snap.

I did notice that once the ball went up the left fishtails ramp, around to the right and popped off the wireform

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Saw this
» YouTube video
Video is a bit blurry, and ball gets stuck a couple of times but still a new video

Thanks. That video was shot in a dark room and you can see that the game has lots of GI.

#570 8 years ago

The display looks KICK ASS. JJP doesn't get enough props for what they have done here, along with the sound effects.

What a phenomenal job by them. I can't wait for Lawlor's game!

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I did notice that once the ball went up the left fishtails ramp, around to the right and popped off the wireform

I counted 3 times it "popped off the wireform" and that was within the first 2 minutes of the video!

#572 8 years ago

Great integration of film clips with game play. JJP has taken the LCD to new levels. I'm glad I'm locked in on price. This one looks like a winner.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The display looks KICK ASS. JJP doesn't get enough props for what they have done here, along with the sound effects.
What a phenomenal job by them. I can't wait for Lawlor's game!

Agree totally.

The improvement of this LCD over WOZ is really substantial.

#574 8 years ago

jjp_(resized).jpgjjp_(resized).jpg

#575 8 years ago

Now that's a great update. Sounds like games will be shipping very soon.

#576 8 years ago

Sh!ts gettin' real!

#577 8 years ago

Keeping my cellphone charged and making sure the ringer is on. I don't want to miss Jen's call!

#578 8 years ago

Pretty exciting. That is a sight for sore eyes. I feel like a castaway in a rubber dingy in the middle of the pacific, looking at land for the first time. Yahoo!

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

jjp_(resized).jpg

That picture was photoshopped.

KIDDING!!!

#580 8 years ago

Here is a slightly bigger version of the three recent pics.

1455909401194_(resized).jpg1455909401194_(resized).jpg
1455909427222_(resized).jpg1455909427222_(resized).jpg
1455909452705_(resized).jpg1455909452705_(resized).jpg

#581 8 years ago

Sexiest pictures on this thread (since boobs were banned).

#582 8 years ago

Hey, anyone else notice they went back to the industrial WOZ style support rails?

#583 8 years ago

Smaug cabs look amazing!

And could they cram any more under the PF?!?!?!?

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Hey, anyone else notice they went back to the industrial WOZ style support rails?

You're right. I forgot they we're going to go with some other system. Really like those rails on WOZ.

I wonder if there is something in the cabinet that helps the playfield support all that weight in the middle (if it needs it)?

#585 8 years ago

Getting mighty crowded in the factory. Eye candy

#586 8 years ago

At Expo Jack said that they packed as much as they could into the playfield. Man, looking at the underside of it, he wasn't joking. That thing is seriously packed!! Can't wait to play the production version! The cabinet and playfield look absolutely stunning!!

#587 8 years ago

Looking good! Fingers crossed I get a call soon!

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Getting mighty crowded in the factory. Eye candy

Place looks as full as a centipedes sockdrawer!

#589 8 years ago

Absolutely incredible! Nice to see these things coming together. With all that gadgetry crammed in there, it's no wonder it took a bit longer than expected to get all the parts, get it together, get it tested, and get it right before moving forward with delivery.

#590 8 years ago

Apprently i am suppose to get LE#161 in June/July this year. We ordered last year direct on JJP website. Jen does provide good updates when we call her.

#591 8 years ago

I'm LE #327, no idea when I'm getting it but I was in very early. It doesn't look like the numbers mean anything.

#592 8 years ago

Looking forward to playing this pin. I hope JJP does something Sci Fi next or at least sometime in the future, I'm thinking Robocop.

#593 8 years ago

Looks like they are making some real progress. Is the code done, or are they shipping the games as-is ?

#594 8 years ago

Those pics are great. Looks like real progress. Really looking forward to seeing the first new owner threads being posted within the next month.

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Looks like they are making some real progress. Is the code done, or are they shipping the games as-is ?

Code is completely done and they'll never issue a single update.

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Code is completely done and they'll never issue a single update.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#597 8 years ago

The Hobbit At Florida APE
More pics to Come!
Thanks to Curly and Little Shop of Games !!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#598 8 years ago

Wow...really getting excited for mine... Must ...be....patient..... arrgghghghghghghghgh

#599 8 years ago

I hope they remember to add the leg protectors to the cabinet on the right in the second picture. I'm not worrying because I'm in on an LE.

#600 8 years ago

Somebody get some good long footage of the Hobbit at FL if they can .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.