image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160525_230422419_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_5217_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160711_124052_(resized).jpg
medieval_(resized).jpg
gm_incensed_(resized).jpg
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.
#501 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any chance there's a hobbit pin in the wild near Chicago?

One just made it to Brooklyn. I'm sure Chicago and Istanbul are next on the list.

#502 8 years ago

Can Seattle be much behind Istanbul or Pompei?

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is the base model? LE?

Appears to be the LE due to the powder coat on the legs/rails/etc. However, I don't think there is a whole lot of difference between LE and Standard except the powder coat, invisiglass, shaker, and official LE number...

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Appears to be the LE due to the powder coat on the legs/rails/etc. However, I don't think there is a whole lot of difference between LE and Standard except the powder coat, invisiglass, shaker, and official LE number...

And Smaug color and 'attract' mode - but yeah, very close playfield wise. The main differences are on the outside.

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

And Smaug color and 'attract' mode - but yeah, very close playfield wise. The main differences are on the outside.

The Smaug color is different between LE and Standard? I know the SE has the different colored Smaug. A little confusing with the 3 different versions...

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

The Smaug color is different between LE and Standard? I know the SE has the different colored Smaug. A little confusing with the 3 different versions...

The SE version will have Smaug with a gold dusting, unlike earlier photos where he was almost completely gold. You can't order an SE from JJP anymore, but there are distributors who still have some available.

#507 8 years ago

I wonder how many LEs were converted to SEs. I really like the dragon theme so I did the switch even though the golden Smaug head on the playfield looked hideous. Very happy to hear they may have redesigned it to be more tasteful.

#508 8 years ago

Had a great talk with Jack yesterday about the switch to Chrome on the rails (from powdercoat) and a few other things. They already have 1800 Hobbits ordered

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Had a great talk with Jack yesterday about the switch to Chrome on the rails (from powdercoat) and a few other things. They already have 1800 Hobbits ordered

That's great. Sounds like it will be a good seller for JJP.

#510 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the LE is actually Limited to a certain number, or more of the equivalent of Stern's Premium models?

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Does anyone know if the LE is actually Limited to a certain number, or more of the equivalent of Stern's Premium models?

Fanboy: They are limited to 1500 I think. When the Smaug was announced, people that had ordered the LE had the option of switching over. So their vacated LE number could be resold. Because of that switch, I doubt all 1500 LEs are sold yet.

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

and a few other things

Lawlor's game, by chance?

#513 8 years ago

I have no doubt that 1800 were ordered, but many of those are unspoken for... just big lot purchases from distributors.. will they actually be able to get rid of them at this point.. seriously... since the game has taken so long to get out...rest of year to get those produced at least!

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I have no doubt that 1800 were ordered, but many of those are unspoken for... just big lot purchases from distributors.. will they actually be able to get rid of them at this point.. seriously... since the game has taken so long to get out...rest of year to get those produced at least!

A fun game with a cool theme will sell. Period.

#515 8 years ago

The Hobbit needs to start going out the door this month. It's going to be a damn shame if Stern announces Ghost Busters and 2 months from now it's in people's homes. That's bull S.

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The Hobbit needs to start going out the door this month. It's going to be a damn shame if Stern announces Ghost Busters and 2 months from now it's in people's homes. That's bull S.

I'll be playing Ghostbusters in my basement before one Hobbit ships.

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'll be playing Ghostbusters in my basement before one Hobbit ships.

Awesome Gary. I am surprised you don't have even more of your games at home.

Doubling your collection is awesome.

#518 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Awesome Gary. I am surprised you don't have even more of your games at home.
Doubling your collection is awesome.

Hey....if making fun of the size of my collection makes ya feel better about still not having a Hobbit, by all means, proceed!

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hey....if making fun of the size of my collection makes ya feel better about still not having a Hobbit, by all means, proceed!

I'm surprised you don't have Ghostbusters listed yet. What is taking so long?

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm surprised you don't have Ghostbusters listed yet. What is taking so long?

I agree. Stern is turning into JJP with that one.....

1 week later
#521 8 years ago

Looks like another hobbit went on location in new york

#522 8 years ago

Saw that. They look crazy excited

#523 8 years ago

Is Jack going to hand deliver each one?

If so, this could, uhhh, take a while.

#524 8 years ago

I am buying this game....But...Is it wrong I want to play all 3 before I slap down 7kplus???

#525 8 years ago

I am buying this game....But...Is it wrong I want to play all 3 before I slap down 7kplus???

Nope. And if you don't that is fine too. Your money.

#526 8 years ago

Why all three? The only differences should be the colors and art. They should all play the same.
I'd certainly want to play one before buying. But like the other guy said, it's your money. Make the decision after your comfortable with it.

#527 8 years ago

Do you have it pre-ordered? If not, will probably be late summer before you can get one. Just my guess...

#528 8 years ago

12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

12744267_1124676597550935_5698150681658677337_n_(resized).jpg

I hope someone takes some good video of the machine in action in the tournament!

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I hope someone takes some good video of the machine in action in the tournament!

+ 1

#531 8 years ago

Not really sure how production works but does anyone know why they are making so many games at a time Versus making a couple and shipping them as they go?

People have mentioned that they have 60~80 pins on the line and shipping would probably start in March? What is the advantage of building so many at the same time without shipping anything? The ones they built first should already be finished now I am guessing? Are they just sitting there while others are getting done?

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Not really sure how production works but does anyone know why they are making so many games at a time Versus making a couple and shipping them as they go?

It is an assembly line. Once rolling parts get assembled along the way. When done get checked and tested. Then boxed and shipped.

They aren't waiting and doing in batches. Some tweaking is happening from experience with the test games. And soon a steady supply will be rolling out the door as they come down the line.

LTG : )™

#533 8 years ago

So even at full production there are always 60~80 pins in a state of being built before testing?

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Anyone post anything yet?

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So even at full production there are always 60~80 pins in a state of being built before testing?

Seems like there could be lots of explanations:
1. How they define "in assembly." They might be including ANY subassembly that's being worked on.
2. I think it's reasonable that they are building extra machines (and not shipping/finishing them) as they wait for feedback from the test machines. So when they get the "green light" from the field tests- they can blast out a large number.
3. They are full of shit with those numbers

Honestly, I think it's a combination of #1 and #2, but then again, I'm an eternal optimist.

#537 8 years ago

There are things that pop up no one foresees - like the light board issue with WOZ. My guess is they want to get a few out in the wild and get reports back from hard normal usage this time.

#538 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

There are things that pop up no one foresees - like the light board issue with WOZ. My guess is they want to get a few out in the wild and get reports back from hard normal usage this time.

Didn't JJP say as much a while ago? They wanted to test them before doing the general release. I am assuming/hoping they are building games and setting them aside and will finalise them at some point when they are happy with the testing results and can make whatever changes they need to make. Easier to fix the first 60-80 in the factory if something comes up instead of having them go out to a storm of 'my 8k NIB isn't perfect out of the box it is the end of the world' Let's face it there will be some things that emerge and need adjusting but that's pinball and the more they can minimise it the better.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Didn't JJP say as much a while ago? They wanted to test them before doing the general release. I am assuming/hoping they are building games and setting them aside and will finalise them at some point when they are happy with the testing results and can make whatever changes they need to make. Easier to fix the first 60-80 in the factory if something comes up instead of having them go out to a storm of 'my 8k NIB isn't perfect out of the box it is the end of the world' Let's face it there will be some things that emerge and need adjusting but that's pinball and the more they can minimise it the better.

Spoke with Jen again today about extras on the pin. I opted for the red Smaug and that I was too late for any playfield mods. This is exactly what is happening. There are 80+ (one is mine) that are already assembled and when they get the go ahead from their testers, they'll be boxed up and shipped right out. Like you said, easier to deal with any issues while there still at the factory. She mentioned that the testing has been so positive thus far, that they may be shipping them as early as next week!

#540 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

they may be shipping them as early as next week!

TaTa, you just made my day!

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

She mentioned that the testing has been so positive thus far

No offense but......... would you expect her to say anything differently?

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

She mentioned that the testing has been so positive thus far, that they may be shipping them as early as next week!

I predict an unboxing in the not-too-distant future! Great news.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No offense but......... would you expect her to say anything differently?

Yes. If testing was going badly I would expect her to say they are still in testing and when that is complete they will begin shipping.

She seems to say that testing is going so well they expect to start shipping as early as next week.

#544 8 years ago

Would love to see some photos of the assembled machines waiting!
We got 20 or so pics of those 8 machines... I'll settle for 1 of all the machines waiting

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Spoke with Jen again today about extras on the pin. I opted for the red Smaug and that I was too late for any playfield mods.

How many weeks have passed since you got the initial call/email from Jen (before it was too late to add any playfield mods)?

#546 8 years ago

My THSE should be here next month.

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My THSE should be here next month.

Were you told this?

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

She seems to say that testing is going so well they expect to start shipping as early as next week.

I hope you're right but I wouldn't plan a "launch party" until the machine is in your possession!

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Would love to see some photos of the assembled machines waiting!
We got 20 or so pics of those 8 machines... I'll settle for 1 of all the machines waiting

That would be great!

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

How many weeks have passed since you got the initial call/email from Jen (before it was too late to add any playfield mods)?

She just informed me of this after I ordered the extra head assuming I was going to inquire about it. Knowing my machine was made already and was told before that the head was going to ship separately, I knew I had time. Besides, I didn't like how dirty the playfield protector looked after so many plays on it. Same goes for the RadCals...they make the pin look like a cheap hooker. Not that I know what a cheap hooker looks like

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,529 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread-1/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.