Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3417 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3420 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3418 (resized).JPG
    TFPatFPF (resized).jpg
    IMG_2096 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2095 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2078 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2036 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2044 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2088 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2063 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2075 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2069 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2024 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #35 Main Tournament Lineup of Games Posted by Sc1f1 (7 years ago)

Post #37 Classic Tournament List of Games Posted by Sc1f1 (7 years ago)

Post #42 Tournament Broadcast Information Posted by Sc1f1 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

http://wp.freeplayflorida.com
    "Just a friendly reminder that the pre-sale of VIP closes at Midnight Oct. 31st!! Included in the VIP is access to the show all weekend(one hour early Saturday and Sunday; 9am), one show shirt unavailable NOT FOR SALE to the general public, show posters, VIP lanyard and badge, and a custom key chain. It is a great deal at $75 so act while you can!

FPF spoke with the hotel and they are opening more blocks of rooms for us. We appreciate the support by staying at the show hotel, as it really helps us in many ways with them. I can not promise as we move through October that we will have any rooms left for the price of $109, it will considerably higher if you have to use a rack/standard rate. Also, parking is free for hotel guests(what what!)!!!

We appreciate the game donations, we have a great list as well as a bunch more not listed. We can always use more so please let us know if you plan on donating a game. We have a great function for you Saturday night for all donors of games. So in advance...THANK YOU for helping support the show!

For all up to the minute info please sign up for our mailer(bottom of the main page of the website. Also, follow on Facebook for other details. See you soon!!!"

I will be broadcasting the tournament all weekend @ twitch.tv/gapinball

#2 7 years ago

^bump

#3 7 years ago

Just to share, while there are many shows these days, Florida Free Play has some pretty Great things going on.

First up is its Orlando! Its a great time of year where it has cooled down, and the Parks are stunning in Holiday mode. Its great for the rest of the family, if they want to shop, or tour.
    If you havent visited Orlando in November, its especially Sweet.

The Freeplay Show. Not the largest, but a killer venue, and supported by die hard collectors, so the games are top notch and generally in superior order.
    Games being unveiled at Expo, if you arent present in Chicago, are often all found at the Freeplay show.

IAPPA. Cant say enough about this show the week before.
    Stern is present, JJP is there, and likely more. Its the entire entertainment industry coming together. They want your kids to come! Free food, artic dots, ice cream, all new treats, indoor rides, all professional, and a blast to do a show totally geared for fun!

The gang here in Florida. I find we all relate to the best of each other, its a relative drama
    free forum, and we share the passion as you all do.....Just Florida Style!
    Meeting fellow pinheads is always a great joy, and if I may speak for others, we just love to meet everyone from all over!

So whether you hit the 2 different ocean beaches, play at the theme parks, inner tube down the Springs, or drink all day at the bar and play pinball, Freeplay Orlando welcomes you!

Come and see why we love Freeplay!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 7 years ago

Art is correct about all that Orlando has to offer, but they moved FPF a week sooner than IAAPA, which now starts the Monday after Freeplay

http://10times.com/iaapa-attractions-expo

#5 7 years ago

Simple question, if you volunteer to bring a game to the show, are they expecting it to be set up for coins?

#6 7 years ago

freeplay

Quoted from Electrocute:Simple question, if you volunteer to bring a game to the show, are they expecting it to be set up for coins?

#7 7 years ago

Sounds like a brain dead question but they're looking for any coin operated machine for the event. The one I'm considering bringing to the show no longer operates on coins.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Sounds like a brain dead question but they're looking for any coin operated machine for the event. The one I'm considering bringing to the show no longer operates on coins.

your good

#9 7 years ago

One area that will be greatly improved this year is the Free Play Florida pinball tournaments. Dan S (Mole on Pinside) and I were asked to run the pinball tournaments this year and we have already been working hard for months to make this the best pinball tournament ever in Florida. We will of course have the latest software scoring with realtime stats available online on your phone or tablet. Also, queuing will be used this year and players will be able to self-queue. For those who are worried about lines, we will be greatly expanding on the number of games. The current plan is for 11 machines in the Main Tournament and 6 in the Classics Tournament. The tournaments will be in their own 30x60 foot room that is a much nicer space than in previous years.

I hope to see a lot of pinsiders at the show and hopefully in the tournament too!

http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=1462

#10 7 years ago

It's nice to see a show this year
    But they need to get more games in there the list is pretty small so far otherwise there will be twice as many people as games and
    We don't want that

#11 7 years ago

I am coming down to a little bit of Free Play this year! I will only be able to come over to the venue Sautrday night for a few hours, but I'm looking forward to having drinks with people!!

My wife and kids will be with me in Orlando, and we are planning to hit up the IAAPA show as well. Any tips on how tickets and stuff work for that? I couldn't find much on their site about buying tickets just to visit the show floor for a day.

#12 7 years ago

Hi John,

I made an error, and IAPPA is after free play this year. Will you be in town then?

Miss you at Expo....stellar show, and even better people!!

#13 7 years ago

Yeah, we come into town on the 12th and are staying until the 19th.

I wish I could have been at expo, for sure!!! I'm already planning to be there next year.

#14 7 years ago

They always do great every year. The tournament last year was lack luster for sure, and that being known, they plan to wow everyone this year. They've been asking the tournament player a lot about what would make the tournament better across the board. That being said my expectations are high.

#15 7 years ago

Amount of games is a non issue btw. That list doesn't include vendors like jjp, little shop of games, highway, etc. so I'm thinking that's 15-20 more right there

#16 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to going this year, went a few years ago and that's what started my addiction.

#17 7 years ago

why are they begging people on the village forum to bring games??
    If they only have a 100 or so it's going to suck because of the amount of people especially on Saturday that's the busy day.
    Hopefully I'm wrong but the amount of games are decreasing every year.

#18 7 years ago

Normal Begging.

Its been as full as Expo in Chicago or more the last few years......

#19 7 years ago

More begging then normal I should say. I would not say more then expo but a decent amount. What they need to do is get some of the vendors from the past back in there.

#20 7 years ago

I will be there - first time - and am very much looking forward to it.

#21 7 years ago

Either way I'm sure they appreciate you trying to help. I mean your trying to help right? Wait now I get it, your complaining, and being part of a problem, not a solution. Ahh, I see it now.

#22 7 years ago

If you're taking I95 South I would encourage you to stop by a pinsider/pinheads new restaurant called: Cafe One at 403 N US Highway 1 Ormond Beach, FL 32174-4524 . He has a WOZ , Hobbit, Taxi, Fish Tales, WhirlWind, Road Show & FunHouse.

#23 7 years ago

Right on Joe!! Total Dbag moves

#24 7 years ago

Really dude
    Nobody's complaining just saying you want to stand there and wait to play games??? I don't I come to shows to hang out and play games
    And just saying there begging more then normal on games

#25 7 years ago

Still being helpful I see... This is why I don't come to Pinside much anymore

#26 7 years ago

Wasn't trying to perpetuate the negativity. I was more eluding to being part of the solution, not the problem.

#27 7 years ago

The Pinball Lounge is set up to bring 9 to 12 machines. Right now only a few of those are listed because we aren't sure exactly what the other titles will be.

This is the case with a few others too. Game count won't be an issue.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kj_gameroom:

The Pinball Lounge is set up to bring 9 to 12 machines. Right now only a few of those are listed because we aren't sure exactly what the other titles will be.
    This is the case with a few others too. Game count won't be an issue.

Awesome! Thanks for supporting the show, Kurt! Looking forward to seeing you

#29 7 years ago

Thank you Kurt and Ed!

Your Hard work, and Vision makes many people happy in the Pinball World!

Fair to say at Expo, when Lisa and I mentioned we live in Orlando, we often heard people
    replying with, "We visited the Lounge" or "We want to!"

Please start a Pinball Lounge thread here if there isnt one, so truly everyone knows!

#30 7 years ago

We hope everyone comes out and supports Free Play, we are thankful to have such an incredible community here in FL. There will be a great selection of games, including some of the latest just released at expo and maybe even one that wasn't.

#31 7 years ago

I heard Dialed In! will be at FPF, pretty sweet!

#32 7 years ago

Dialed In will be at IAAPA so with FPF being the same week, I'd say the chances are excellent.

1 week later
    #33 7 years ago
    Quoted from gameover1173:

Really dude
    Nobody's complaining just saying you want to stand there and wait to play games??? I don't I come to shows to hang out and play games
    And just saying there begging more then normal on games

According to your posts on The Village, you are not going to the show or supporting it by bringing a game.

Why all the gripe and dark clouds on an event you are not involved with or attending?

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,33483.msg275089.html#msg275089

#34 7 years ago

24 Hour Arcade will be bringing 10+ pinball machines to Free Play Florida. We are waiting to see what titles others submit to avoid doubling up. Want to bring less common titles for people to see and play at the show, November 11th to 13th.

If you are in the southeast and want to get involved, bring a game and get a free weekend pass ($55 value) plus early access to the show floor and admission to the private Saturday night supporters party.

http://freeplayflorida.com/?page_id=1460

VIP tickets are available until midnight 10/31 and include a custom not available anywhere else Dirty Donny tee shirt! Donny will be at the show with his new book and original art for sale as well.

http://freeplayflorida.com/?post_type=product

#35 7 years ago

From Facebook:
    The Main Pinball Tournament will consist of 11 tournament ready pinball machines.

Here are names of 10 of those machines:

• Mystery Title to be named as soon as we can confirm with confidence
    • Barracora- SS
    • College Queens- EM
    • Flight 2000- SS
    • Grand Prix- EM
    • Harlem Globe- SS
    • Iron Man- DMD
    • Metallica- DMD
    • Outer Space- EM
    • Radical- SS
    • World Cup Soccer- DMD
    • Alternate- Devils Dare- SS

*Titles can change.

Classics Tournament Pinball Machine line-up will be added tomorrow so stay tuned.

#36 7 years ago

We have been working hard to make this a great tournament with a nice assortment of games. It's also great having Bryan on board to help with the technical side of things. His help is greatly appreciated and will make the tournament even better.

#37 7 years ago

The Classic Pinball Tournament will consist of 6 tournament ready machines.

Herb Qualifying/ Best 4 machine scores/ Top 16 Advance for Finals/ 4 Player Group/ 3 Matches per Round

Here are the names of the titles that we selected:

• Abra Ca Dabra- EM
    • Bon Voyage- EM
    • Meteor- SS
    • Quarterback- EM
    • Sinbad- SS
    • Volley- EM
    • Alternate- 2001- EM

*Titles can change.

#38 7 years ago

You are killing me with these line ups. Wish I could have made the trip. Perhaps next year.

#39 7 years ago

I can't wait until Friday. This is always a great event.

#40 7 years ago

To remind everybody: Come join us early! We will be starting Main and Classics Qualifying at 10 am on Friday. While the Free Play Florida show opens at 4pm.

Free Play Florida Pinball Tournaments will be held in a different area other the main ballroom, so you can come join us before Free Play Florida show opens, maybe you will not have to wait in any lines to get your passes. You will have to still purchase Free Play Florida Show passes to gain entry to the tournament area after the show opens.

We have our own private 1800 square foot room that is dedicated for tournament play and your enjoyment. We even have a Pinball Lounge that is sponsored by the Pinball Lounge that will have tables and sofas being brought in for the players comfort. There will be tv monitors, projectors for player updates and standings. Even a phone chargering station sponsored by John I.

Our tournament room is located past the center restaurant/ lounge area and will be the corridor on the left then first door on right. Plus you can follow the signage.

See you all soon.

#42 7 years ago

Starting tomorrow around 12pm we'll be broadcasting the Free Play Florida Tournament all weekend. Tune in at twitch.tv/gapinball

FPF2016 (resized).pngFPF2016 (resized).png

#43 7 years ago

Does anyone know about how many machines there will be at the show? The websites game list only shows a total of 62. Doesn't that seem way too low compared to previous years?

#44 7 years ago

Looking forward to the show as it looks like a good number of EM's will be there.

#45 7 years ago

Wish I could go. Veterans day affairs and obligations has me all booked up. Will likely be this way every year ( I am heavily involved in AmVets and the VA hospital). I wish it was on a different weekend(((

#46 7 years ago

I'll be doing walk thru videos, video of presentations, interviews, etc etc etc... this weekend!

On the 904 Pinball Zine youtube channel...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/904PinballZine

Hyped!

#47 7 years ago

Its Freeplay Time! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#48 7 years ago

What a great time for pinball. THREE expo's all on the same weekend. Freeplay Florida, Grand Ole Gameroom Expo, Houston Arcade Expo. Ya'll have fun wherever you land!

#49 7 years ago

Went for 4 hours today, had a great time! Lots of stuff to do, even for the kids.

#50 7 years ago

Exceptionally great job for this years show!

2 Dialed ins....no lines, Gary and Stern Staff visiting, Great Mix of vids and pins, and a wild pin lineup, including a row of Gottliebs
    Ive never seen, like Lights Camera Action.
    Jeff brought a dozen 1934-37 pins. Fleet is super sweet.

Tournament Room is Amazing!

Staff and volunteers are all smiles!

Old and New Friends

Always a great time, and the Christmas Lights are getting put up, and the political signs are down....

Super Day in Orlando! Thank you, Freeplay!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-free-play-florida and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.