Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB_Provincial_Rankings_(resized).png
    VanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).png
    DSC_0073_(resized).jpg
    DSC_0067_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0033_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0050_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSC_0022_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0020_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0021_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0018_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yegpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Just had our crack marketing team whip up an alternate logo. Looking for ideas/thoughts.

yeg_pin_alt2_(resized).pngyeg_pin_alt2_(resized).pngalternate_(resized).pngalternate_(resized).png

#34 8 years ago

We are proud to announce yet another sponsor for the event, Jay Richardson Pinball!!! Jay was a big part of the Calgary Expo and we are very happy that he is supporting us. We look to emulate the fun the Calgary expo captured up in Edmonton. (If you were involved with the Calgary Expo please PM us!) We thank Jay for his generous donation and is officially a 'Bronze' sponsor for the event. Jay is a fantastic operator and can help you with everything from parts, pre-orders, NIB, repairs, and everything in between. Thank you Jay and your team for making pinball in Alberta what it is today.

richardson-pinball-slide_(resized).jpgrichardson-pinball-slide_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #42 8 years ago

We are proud to announce yet another NEW sponsor for the event. Absolute Pinball! If you are not familiar with Absolute Pinball they do full ground up restoration services. You name it! Clear coating, playfield swaps, cabinet repaint, metal powder coating, playfield rebuilds, electronic board upgraded and/or repairs, 100's of parts in stock from IC'S to coils, and multicade arcade games built on site. Canada's largest stocking distributor for all CPR products, New Sterns in stock, both offered in Canadian funds. Absolute has 36 years of pinball experience so check them out. And thanks to Absolute Pinball for supporting Yeg Pin! Absolute_Pinball_Logo_(resized).pngAbsolute_Pinball_Logo_(resized).png

1 week later
    #52 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball77:

That poster looks great guys. Glad to donate some pins for the weekend. Hope we have a good turnout!!

Thank you! We couldn't do this event without people like you!

3 weeks later
    #89 8 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

I just bought my pass and the hotel room is booked, I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks Shaub.

VIP Passes are selling out fast! If you want one, be sure to get one in the next few days. We expect to sell out before Friday next week. Also, Shirt and VIP pass designs will be posted here, our blog, and on facebook/twitter today. We hope you love them as much as we do.

http://www.yegpin.com/category/blog/

#109 8 years ago

Our prediction of selling out VIP passes by Friday looks to be right on track!
    If you want a VIP lanyard/VIP pass (And all the extras) I wouldn't wait any longer. No Seriously we are almost sold out of VIP Passes.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has volunteered and purchased tickets to support this event. We just ordered the volunteer and tech T-Shirts and we had to order far more what we originally expected. What an amazing community. We can not thank you all enough. A big thanks to all of our sponsors. Yellowhead Inn, Absolute Pinball, Nitro Pinball, Pinball Pimp, Jay Richardson, and Jersey Jack Pinball. Please support them as they have supported pinball in Canada!

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I grabbed 4 last night. Looking forward to a great show guys.

Thank you!

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Great game for tournaments. Literally, one ball can make a difference.
    I had a 700 million ball 3 on location. True story.

Totally, TWD rewards accuracy and planning.

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from DipsyDanger:

Please be The Hobbit!!

While we hope to see the Hobbit at expo it depends on shipping times from JJP. There are good points both +/- for this being a tournament machine. At this time it is not on the list, but as it says on our site. Everything is subject to change!

2 weeks later
    #173 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Th will probably break down and be taken out of the tournament anyways.
    Also I think it's a horrible choice for a tourney game.

Rest assured that we will test the machine in full and work with the amazing people at JJP in advance to get any details on known issues. This plus setting it up for more difficult settings will make it a very attractive machine to have in the tournament and should provide some hype on the twitch stream.

We will have keys for all tournament machines. Keep in mind that even the newest Sterns have things happen. Thankfully we have Derek as the tournament director to keep things running smoothly and some amazing techs as volunteers for the show. Last week at League, both the WWE and Kiss went down due to Major Malfunctions and had to be switched out. Anything can happen and that's part of the fun of Pinball.

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha if can make LOTR a drain monster I can make any machine that way Good discussion!!!!

« This

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

TBL will be in the house!

Worth the price of admission. Thanks NITRO!

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Less than 24 hours and the website pre-ordering VIP ticket window closes, you will only be able to purchase your weekend or daily admission with no extra benefits. Don't miss out going to be a hell of a show!!!!
    We have officially sold out (100 VIP spots) but will honor any of the tickets purchased until Thursday March 31, 2016 @ 9:00PM PST.
    Thanks for all your support!!!!

VIP pass holders will get a chance to pre-order shirts as we plan to keep the run small. Lanyards look amazing and the VIP passes are being printed locally by an amazing printer that has really stepped up to make these great. After tomorrow you will not be able to get a VIP pass BUT you can still donate a machine for a FREE weekend admission and a slick DONOR badge.

We still have some surprises for everyone coming so keep your eyes on this thread as we will post here/twitter/facebook and on the site.
    http://www.yegpin.com/category/blog/
    http://facebook.com/yegpin
    http://twitter.com/yegpin
    http://instagram.com/yegpin
    http://twitch.tv/diehardpinball

We are very happy to be sold out and can't thank our sponsors and the larger Canadian pinball community enough.

1 week later
    #213 7 years ago

Who is ready....

IMG_1276_(resized).jpgIMG_1276_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #286 7 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

That was my thought too recently... I assume they have it sorted out!

It was actually our biggest concern going in. We can't thank Tommy from Nitro enough. He set us on the right path to ensure power was not an issue. NinjaBoot was a big help in making it happen.

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I can bring my restored Addams Family up there if it is pre sold,I don't want to move it otherwise.
    PM for details on the game.I might move another one out of the collection as well.

Someone buy this machine! Whats this price on this rare rebuilt item.

#288 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Ok, now I'm pissed! I just got back from weeks in the DR and tried to book my room at the last minute and they dont have any of those crazy colored 2 stories suites with spiral staircases available!!! Im not coming anymore.
    I was going to bring my TZ set it up in the room and have an AFTER/after party!

we need a TZ.... bring it

#290 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

Lots! Pm him for details. Don't feel it's my place to talk about someone else's price without him posting first.

It's a rebuilt PinGod machine. He does great work I am sure it looks amazing! Take the risk, bring it up!

#298 7 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Got my pins ready for pickup today!
    Just curious if we have a pin for sale is it cool if I print a sheet and tape it to the backglass with info? Ill have my Xmen for sale and maybe my Addams Family

Hey Libtech,

You 100% can. That said, you don't have to. We have special for sale signs just for you (ok, to be honest anyone selling a machine) already made.

-Yegpin

#332 7 years ago

What can we say other then thank you. I don't even think saying thank you does justice to the sincere appreciation for the blood and sweat that went in to today.

• First off... our volunteers. Without you this show wouldn't be possible. Our techs (very busy today), our yellow shirt heroes, and our donors. Simply, you rule. Earth needs more people like you.
    • Everyone who showed up and supported. It was the first day of the first year. We learned a lot. Thank's for trusting us!
    • It was so great to see people's eyes light up seeing the rows of machines. It was super encouraging to see so many families! Thank you!
    • Our Sponsors & Vendors. As pinball77 mentioned they supported big time check em out!

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend setting some high scores with you all.

Oh right... speaking of high scores, follow along at http://www.neverdrains.com/yegpin2016/standingsDisplay.php

We welcome comments. eMail executive [a] yegpin.com with any ideas. We do this event for you and pinball, we welcome your thoughts.

#333 7 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

Today is the day!
    Though, the parking looks limited at the event... Hope there's room out back!

Lots of parking, both in front and out back.

#345 7 years ago

Classics Final on now,
    Stream starts in 10-20 min follow him for notifications.

https://www.twitch.tv/Astromarkus/mobile

#387 7 years ago

Who is up for a road trip?

http://vancouverflipout.com

VanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).pngVanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yegpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-yegpin-official-thread?tu=yegpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.